Cancel the program | The Boneyard

Cancel the program

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
2018 season will end with 1 win. we continue to regress. we have 7 FCS level recruits signed for next year with 20+ roster spots opening. Our best player is graduating. Outlook is horrendous. there is no way to spin this positively. just end it

Reaction Score
2018 season will end with 1 win. we continue to regress. we have 7 FCS level recruits signed for next year with 20+ roster spots opening. Our best player is graduating. Outlook is horrendous. there is no way to spin this positively. just end it
Agree man.. this is embarrassing

Reaction Score
While I’m not a “drop football” guy, this is def the lowest point I’ve ever seen the program. Lose a homecoming game to UMass in front of 5 people? I get the weather, but let’s be real...it’d be half empty if it was 75 and sunny like it was when I went to the Cincy game.

1-7, no talent, no real recruits coming in, uninspiring schedule, etc. I don’t think we should cancel the football program, but I’m not against dropping down to FCS, if we aren’t even competing at this level what’s the point in hemorraghing money. I’d rather compete in the FCS then get embarrassed week after week in the FBS, esp if it means saving basketball.

Reaction Score
While I’m not a “drop football” guy, this is def the lowest point I’ve ever seen the program. Lose a homecoming game to UMass in front of 5 people? I get the weather, but let’s be real...it’d be half empty if it was 75 and sunny like it was when I went to the Cincy game.

1-7, no talent, no real recruits coming in, uninspiring schedule, etc. I don’t think we should cancel the football program, but I’m not against dropping down to FCS, if we aren’t even competing at this level what’s the point in hemorraghing money. I’d rather compete in the FCS then get embarrassed week after week in the FBS, esp if it means saving basketball.
FCS is a money loser. We either continue to suffer on Saturday's @ the FBS level or we just get rid of football. Frame it as leading the way against head injuries and state overspending or some crap.

Reaction Score
FCS is a money loser. We either continue to suffer on Saturday's @ the FBS level or we just get rid of football. Frame it as leading the way against head injuries and state overspending or some crap.

Then end it. Whatever we need to do. No coach or anything can fix this mess. It’s pointless. This University was built on basketball, no shame in being that and not a “football school”.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Then end it. Whatever we need to do. No coach or anything can fix this mess. It’s pointless. This University was built on basketball, no shame in being that and not a “football school”.
you must be young because this school was not built on basketball but in the last 25 years that has been the area of success

Reaction Score
you must be young because this school was not built on basketball but in the last 25 years that has been the area of success

Not young, not old, haha. However this school has been built into a major university in the last 25 years, on the back of the basketball programs. Money, prestige, a brand, student increase in applications, etc are all due to the success of both basketball teams. It has a trickle down effect for the university.

Reaction Score
Where the lie tho?

No idea what you are trying to say. The original poster suggested that the football program be canceled. I think that is a horrendous suggestion.

I can think this team is a dumpster fire (it is) yet still believe the thought of ending the football program is one of the dumbest things I’ve heard all year.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I don’t want the program to be cancelled, but I’ll say this: my other school has a better team by far, and my other school is Kansas. Leading TT by 7 right now. Huskies need to step up.

Reaction Score
Yes. This school has been playing football for over 100 years. It is not getting rid of football. These threads are pointless and the situation is already horrific enough where we don't need to be wasting time on stupid and unrealistic solutions.
Don't stop believing. Good for you.

Reaction Score
I still think Randy will make us respectable. If we want to be really competitive, we need to hire a wizard type coach. It just seems the administration has never been interested in doing that.

Reaction Score
I still think Randy will make us respectable. If we want to be really competitive, we need to hire a wizard type coach. It just seems the administration has never been interested in doing that.
if the school actually cared they would drop admission requirements to the NCAA minimum

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Long gone are the days of the Big East, playing ND,and Michigan, playing in a respectable conference, this is the future get used to it

Reaction Score
Kansas, North Carolina, and Tennessee are all top-10 ranked Basketball programs whose Football teams have a losing record right now. Should they cancel football too?

Kansas hasn't had a winning season since 2008, and has had just 3 winning seasons in the last 20 years.

Losing sucks, but we'll get thru it. Talks of cancelling the program is just diarrhea of the mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom