Canada vs France - 9/25/18 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Canada vs France - 9/25/18

Reaction Score
Why unfortunate. The man proved it time and time again. Just tuned in for this and I'm so happy for Kia. She really wants Canada to get to the quarterfinals. If you mean should Kia have a bad game they are done.... well, you are probably right, but Canada pays so much attention to its FIBA team, who knows who will light it up. They have shooters and speed. Two attributes Geno certainly likes.

Sorry, I made an assumption that everyone would understand the reference. You are right about Reggie, but his comment irked Thurman Munson and Yankee fans alike. Reggie was new to the Yankees and, up to that point, Munson was "the straw". That's why his words were unfortunate. Kia is the straw that stirs the Canadian team in my opinion. I'm not so sure they can win without her, at least against the better teams. I haven't seen the games but I suspect that, even when her shooting is off, she is still the hard-nosed Kia on defense that you, myself, and many others came to admire in her days at UCONN. She is determined to medal and I would love to see that happen for her. Maya will always be my favorite UCONN player of all time. Kia is right behind her, mostly because little was expected from her as a fresh recruit (at least on this board) but she fought hard to achieve, probably with less talent than most on the team, but never gave up....still hasn't. BTW, it seems that Raincock-Ekunwe was with the NY Liberty at one time. I wouldn't mind seeing her back there next year.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Kia is right behind her, mostly because little was expected from her as a fresh recruit (at least on this board) but she fought hard to achieve, probably with less talent than most on the team, but never gave up....still hasn't

Don't be sorry. I'm not one of the touchy ones on this board. But I do want to tell you my opinion about your comment above. Through pure happenstance I picked up on Kia as a sophmore in HS. Her HS's local TV station broadcast all her HS games. As soon as I saw her I was fascinated. (I'm a naturalized citizen from Canada) She talked herself down about when she came into CT she had no idea why they had drafted her. True, the problem with evaluating talent is that it is surrounded by no so much talent in the games. But Kia was doing stuff as a sophomore I had never seen any sophomore do - because she had a 3 that was consistent, a real handle, could move in traffic inside, was tough as nails, etc etc etc. Her starting over another Husky in game 3? of her career was no fluke.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog
Top Bottom