• Yes

Votes: 15 6.3%
  • No

Votes: 165 69.0%
  • No, but I could back in the day.

Votes: 59 24.7%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
Creating this poll off CliffSpliffy's comment below.

Right now, can you dunk a regulation men's basketball on a regulation hoop? I would guess the Yes result is 5% or less. We'll see.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
On a good day, hell yeah I can throw it down! I'm 6'1" with lanky arms and hops, so I am much taller than I look. Where my sneaky height really comes in handy (in pickup and men's league) is rebounding and changing and blocking shots.
'On a good day,'
see? this is called 'a legit answer.' i really dislike those days when it's the rim blocking my attempts. can hurt the shoulder, big time. signed, 'not 6'6'' tall guy, with sore shoulders, messed up wrists, and constant foreboding for getting my legs cut out from under me.' big fun when it works, and well worth the effort. mostly. except those times when you do get clipped, and end up on the ground, on ur tailbone. hardwood is soooo much softer than asphalt.

Reaction Score
'On a good day,'
see? this is called 'a legit answer.' i really dislike those days when it's the rim blocking my attempts. can hurt the shoulder, big time. signed, 'not 6'6'' tall guy, with sore shoulders, messed up wrists, and constant foreboding for getting my legs cut out from under me.' big fun when it works, and well worth the effort. mostly. except those times when you do get clipped, and end up on the ground, on ur tailbone. hardwood is soooo much softer than asphalt.
haha seriously man. it's like: have i been eating salads this week? are my knees stiff? am i warm enough for this? have i been working out enough this week? stretch every single part of my body? alright then i'll try to throw one down during warmups

Reaction Score
No. Never. At 45 I've pretty much stopped playing. :-( There was a time where I played a ton. I play a lot of hockey these days. Assuming you don't fall, collide into someone or hit the boards hard Hockey is a lot easier on the joints. There's also a ton of hockey played in Fargo. Not hard to find a pickup game in the winter. Which is kinda unique

I've met my share of people who claim they could dunk "back in the day". I generally don't believe them unless they are over 6'3" ish.

Similarly, I don't believe people who claim they are bogey golfers.

Reaction Score
Being 6'4" and having a wingspan of 7ft, yes I could dunk when I was younger, but it is very true that White Men Can't Jump.

When I used to play at Washington Park in Waterbury, I was so good because those rims were like 9'8" maybe and I could jam on anyone. Those were the good old days.

Reaction Score
No. Never. At 45 I've pretty much stopped playing. :-( There was a time where I played a ton. I play a lot of hockey these days. Assuming you don't fall, collide into someone or hit the boards hard Hockey is a lot easier on the joints. There's also a ton of hockey played in Fargo. Not hard to find a pickup game in the winter. Which is kinda unique

I've met my share of people who claim they could dunk "back in the day". I generally don't believe them unless they are over 6'3" ish.

Similarly, I don't believe people who claim they are bogey golfers.

I'm a bogey golfer believe me!!

But I make more pars and birdies :oops:

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
'likes' for seemingly legit replies. good stuff.
'To thine own self be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man.' some old guy in funny clothes said that. he prolly couldn't dunk either, but had the high integrity to not care what others thought aboot his inability.

Reaction Score
Yes, but my days are numbered. I still dunk every year on my birthday but it's getting dicey.

In a rec league game with the blood flowing I'll probably have a fine chance for a few more years, but just screwing around at the park or the gym without being properly warmed up, it's probably not going to happen.

Reaction Score
I don't know if I'd head out to the driveway with him anymore, bud.
Good call Deep. By the time he was a soph/Jr in HS 10-11 years ago he owned me. It was as simple as Addae-Wusu backing up Gaffney yesterday to drop it in, bullied his way in but I surrendered. Said at that point H-O-R-S-E or nothing son!! LOL

Last edited:

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Not as similar as Stll I couldn't get a golf ball close to the rim now, but did dunk numerous times on my 10 year old 15 years ago on the 8 1/2 foot hoop.
Is there anything more entertaining than seeing a guy dunk on an elementary school rim that he ends up bending? The inevitable embarrassed look around to see if he’s been spotted, followed up with the look of “I’m an idiot” and his face is priceless.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom