Can we talk BBQ grills?

Friend brought a vertical pellet smoker and his meats look perfect.

Time to step up my game! Looking at pellet grills or nice smoker. Would like one that controls temps and does long hour smoking of meats. Been eyeing the pit boss models but I have to believe there are many competitors out there.

Be nice for a quick hit meal as well. Only 2 of us but I'm ready to move on from the elementary charcoal Weber.

Easy assembly or pre assembled would be nice as well.

What are you guys cooking on?

I have a pit boss pellet smoker that is great, but there is a huge negative with it.
Make sure that you run out all of the pellets in the hopper and auger because the humidity will cause expansion and the auger will seize up. The only way to fix it is to take the mechanism apart and clean it out. Thankfully I only made that mistake once.
I love the Pitt Boss pro series smokers, the under the grate damper is a nice feature. I believe they also make a large unit with two separate chambers, one for smoking and one with gas burners for a gas grill setup.

FriarJ

Never Surrender!
I have had a natural gas Weber as long as I can remember. Just moved to a new house in the sticks. No NG only Propane. I decided to bite the bullet and get a Weber Summit Kamado S6 Grilling Station. My oh my, what a terrible mistake I have been making all this time. Truly amazing.

I got this bad boy, cheaper than the green egg, but same function, materials, etc.. Expected delivery this week.

Vision Grill

Vision has been around for a while. They have some serious build quality issues and no real customer service mechanism to deal with them, but if you get a good one it's a reasonable substitute.

I had to laugh at that guy majorly undercooking the brisket and saying it's not as tender as he wanted. That was the worst paid promotion I've seen in a while.

Vision has been around for a while. They have some serious build quality issues and no real customer service mechanism to deal with them, but if you get a good one it's a reasonable substitute.

I had to laugh at that guy majorly undercooking the brisket and saying it's not as tender as he wanted. That was the worst paid promotion I've seen in a while.
Yeah I got the most recent model, mainly due to hearing stories about the quality of prior grills. Its my understanding that changes/upgrades have been made to their grills.

I just hope on this journey the griller is more important than the grill, or can compensate for any issues with any grill.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
I have had a natural gas Weber as long as I can remember. Just moved to a new house in the sticks. No NG only Propane. I decided to bite the bullet and get a Weber Summit Kamado S6 Grilling Station. My oh my, what a terrible mistake I have been making all this time. Truly amazing.
So we’re moving into a house with natural gas line to the outside and it was kind of a selling point when we thought we would be getting the natural gas 5 burner summit that was hooked up to it (this is my in-laws house). I ordered the conversion kit for my Weber Spirit but I’m feeling like going Kamado.

FriarJ

Never Surrender!
So we’re moving into a house with natural gas line to the outside and it was kind of a selling point when we thought we would be getting the natural gas 5 burner summit that was hooked up to it (this is my in-laws house). I ordered the conversion kit for my Weber Spirit but I’m feeling like going Kamado.
I had the Genesis and it was great. Having it hooked up all the time is well worth it. If this new house had NG then I probably would have gone with the Summit. My friend has one and it’s about as good as it gets.

Now that I have said all that, I’m glad it doesn’t have NG because the Summit Kamado is a whole other animal. The difference in taste and all you can do is indescribable as people who own all these things already knew. Gas grills are great but despite how much you pay the food all ends up really about the same. I’m sure all the Kamado’s are great but I’m a Weber fan and this has not let me down.

Am looking at Yoder pellet smoker, the YS480s,but they are expensive at $1800. But, US built, seems to be really solidly built, has direct flame option (can cook hamburgs/steaks over direct flame like regular grill, and can smoke also). Probably will either be the Yoder or, if I want to save a little money, the Rec-Tec 700 pellet grill which is $1200.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Baylorfan

Top Bottom