Can we know all be proud that Tyler is a Husky? | The Boneyard

Can we know all be proud that Tyler is a Husky?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm not sure we could have won without him. He adds diversity to our bigs with his face to the basket play. Sure he may be slow footed right now, but he may just become our best PF in school history his senior year, and I'm not kidding. He surely is bailing out Alex for the team right now.

He is young and still learning but I like his game, even when he misses open shots. With more confidence he should turn into a Hansbrough type player, he's got skills.

By the way even with some of the bigs we are recruiting, Tyler will be our starter as a senior.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure we could have won without him. He adds diversity to our bigs with his face to the basket play. Sure he may be slow footed right now, but he may just become our best PF in school history his senior year, and I'm not kidding. He surely is bailing out Alex for the team right now.

He is young and still learning but I like his game, even when he misses open shots. With more confidence he should turn into a Hansbrough type player, he's got skills.

By the way even with some of the bigs we are recruiting, Tyler will be our starter as a senior.

He was real good early for sure. He's a nice player to have on the team and improving as we speak.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
My husband is so impressed at how fit he is this year compared to last. They say that the biggest improvement is b/w frosh and soph year when you finally realize working hard isn't hard until you get to UConn (same on WBB side). Tyler is looking to be a smart player that plays within his skills.

Reaction Score
Agreed Tyler has skills and great potential. But he'll never be a Hansbrough type player, imo. He is not inherently a shooter with a mentality of "I've never seen a bad shot or a shot I can't hit". TO will always look for the teammate, and seems to prefer to feed someone else and be happy with an assist.

But you're correct, he has talent and will be a most important cog in this team's success.

Reaction Score
I was happy to have him all along. His skill set is fairly unique in terms of UConn power forwards and it has been quite valuable this season. Time will tell if he is better than say a Kevin Freeman or a Jeff Adrien. I'm not ready to go there yet but am more than happy with what he is bringing to the table.

Reaction Score
Am very glad to see Tyler's progression - better shooting & rebounding.
I've always thought he passes the ball very well for a forward.

Reaction Score
The ability to shoot a mid range shot with his size and his hustle is a huge asset to have, remember that TO specialty is defeating the Cuse zone. I'm very happy he stayed at Uconn instead of the 30 threads we'd probably be having right now why didnt we get TO?

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
like Tyler a lot, he's going to be a force

in two years, in may just be sensational

Reaction Score
a face-up 4 man is a great luxury to have.

His passing and shooting are improving daily.

im glad we have him.

Reaction Score
He was outstanding last night. The more I watch TO, the more I begin to see that the FSU game was an anomaly in terms of his scoring. His jump shot is very smooth and his 3pter last night looked like he was shooting from 10 ft away.

Whether his minutes stay the same or decrease, it's great to know that he is a legit offensive threat and I think all of this early playing time is going to carry over through to the end of the year.

H

huskymagic

Tyler has been playing great and doesn't complain. He has been our most stable and solid big man.

Reaction Score
Eating major crow about TO.

I always thought he'd be a nice complimentary player, but he has far exceeded my expectations. Well done and I am excited about having him for another 2 years!

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Also happy for the kid his face is clearing up, will help him with the co-eds big time.

(Like I'd know)

Reaction Score
How come no one is mentioning that he shot and made a three pointer yesterday? While Drummond's passing ability was mentioned when he committed it's actually Olander who is our best passing big man. He is third on the team in assists, ahead of even Jeremy Lamb.

Reaction Score
Tyler hitting the 15 -17 footer (even a banged 3 last night) gives this team a dimension they haven't had in a while... he is scrappy and solid and doesn't make too many huge mistakes, which keeps him on the court for long stretches and gets him back on the court when AO (or, to a lesser extent it seems) AD make mistakes...

He gives us a great option against the zone and really is going to an integral part of us being successful this year... with what he can do, you really have to figure either him or roscoe has to be out there with one of the non-shooting big guys (AO or AD) most of the time....

Reaction Score

He started a bunch of games as a Freshman.... and he's getting starters minutes as a sophomore

Reaction Score
He plays like a European bigman with his outside shooting and great passing. I really like Tyler, he just goes out there and does the dirty work and is pretty damn skilled. He's clearly a hardworker and good kid.

Reaction Score
a big with mid range ability and a penchant for passing to the open guy is a ++++++++++. Either elbow and middle mades it tough to zone us. Also with his size and passing touch AD will benefit greatly.

Reaction Score
Tyler has developed into a very good 4-man. Other than the FSU game, he's shot the mid-range and even the deep J very well. He's probably the least athletic of the bigs but is the best shooter and passer, has the highest BBIQ, and often the hardest worker.

His impact on our front court goes beyond the numbers he puts up each game.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I feel this season's team flows much better on offense then last season and Tyler is a major part of the reason. When Tyler, Shabazz, Ryan and Jeremy are in the game there are four players who can shoot and pass the ball. Tyler also has a decent handle for a four. His only drawback is his limited leaping ability.

The second half of the Harvard game was the first game I felt the team played close to the type of defense that the team played last season.

Reaction Score
remember that TO specialty is defeating the Cuse zone.
By all means Jim Calhoun, please use Olander on the FT line as your Syracuse zonebuster.
:D
(BTW, it was not Olander, Lamb or any other uconn player that defeated the Cuse zone in that BET game last year. Rather, it was the referees calling fouls if any Syracuse player so much as breathed on Kemba)

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Am very glad to see Tyler's progression - better shooting & rebounding.
I've always thought he passes the ball very well for a forward.
he made a couple of great passes in the first half, displaying good passing instincts in seeing and passing where the player was going to be

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Tyler has developed into a very good 4-man. Other than the FSU game, he's shot the mid-range and even the deep J very well. He's probably the least athletic of the bigs but is the best shooter and passer, has the highest BBIQ, and often the hardest worker.

His impact on our front court goes beyond the numbers he puts up each game.
he also boxes out...every time...wish the other bigs will follow suit and the TEAM will get more rebounds

Reaction Score
Needs to get his FT shooting down, rebound a bit more aggressively, then he will be even better, I've been proud ever since the day he said he's coming to UConn.

I keep repeating myself, but he is so much like Travis Knight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom