Can this team win the NIT | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Can this team win the NIT

Status
Not open for further replies.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Many NIT teams are very good with quality wins and deserving of an NCAA berth, are we? We had 13 turnovers in the first half yesterday.

Yes, for no reason other than for much of last season even many of our own fans questioned whether we would make it to the tourney at all. How'd that work out?

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score
Teams have made the jump quickly after playing in the NIT, the 2011 Uconn team as we all know, VCU played in the CBI in 2010, even UK played in the NIT a couple of years ago and they lost to Robert Morris in the 1st round.

NIT - I can live with. The CBI would be a epic tragedy. The NIT would probably love to have us . When the shelves don't get restocked properly
You may have some lean years. That's just the way it is with us.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Skipped reading the comments here, I refuse to read a thread about the NIT until UConn is officially in it.

Reaction Score
I agree, but there are at least a dozen teams that don't make the NCAA tournament that were much better than those who did via automatic bids.

Well thats why they call it March Madness, win when it counts bottom line, if your in the top 25 you will get in.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
This team needs to come together and play to their potential.
Some teams take longer than others to get there. Of course, I would prefer to see an AAC tournament victory and an NCAA berth, partly because that would mean that this team did come together and play to thei potential.
But if they don't play to that level by the time of the AAC tourney and thereby don't make the NCAAs, then making a run in the NIT would be an opportunity to reach that goal, which would be very beneficial for the following season.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Unlike the rest of you spoiled babies, I'd rather have a long run in the NIT, culminating in a victory on national TV in the Garden than to be blown out by fifty points by Kentucky in the second round after eking out a win in the play-in round against Mississippi Tech.
This way we can complain how the committee screwed us and how we would have won the whole thing if given a chance.
Just wondering if you have a ball hog gunner on your team from Mississippi, can the you shout, "There is no i in team?"

Reaction Score
Unlike the rest of you spoiled babies, I'd rather have a long run in the NIT, culminating in a victory on national TV in the Garden than to be blown out by fifty points by Kentucky in the second round after eking out a win in the play-in round against Mississippi Tech.
This way we can complain how the committee screwed us and how we would have won the whole thing if given a chance.
Just wondering if you have a ball hog gunner on your team from Mississippi, can the you shout, "There is no i in team?"

They don't play to make the NIT. And when they make the NIT they rarely play like they want to be there as they underachieved at that point. It would be good for this young team in the NIT I agree, but I'm just thinking despite all the pride Boat carries around he'd find it hard to be the player he was during last years run. It's just reality.

Reaction Score
Kill this thread, what is wrong with OP
These trolls want to bury the body before were dead.
I for one will not tolerate this blatant sttempt to kill our powerful Huskie Mojo.
We are not dead until we get eliminated from the AAC Tourney.Not one second before that time.
Cement that fact into your pea brains, it's far from over.
So the next person that mentions this team in any other context than hanging in to the end:
I will personally come out of retirement ,and choke any life that remains from your already brain dead body.

Reaction Score
I think it'd be great to be the first team to win 7 NCAA tournament games in one year. That's what I'm shooting for, screw the NIT! Let's take care of business during the rest of the season and the AAC tourney. They said 5 in 5 nights in the BET was impossible too!

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Remember 2011! It wasn't all that long ago.

We were like the proverbial Phoenix. We rose from the ashes of a 9-9 conference record. It was the best conference in the country. If we could win five games in five days against that level of competition, then surely, even though we may be less talented and experienced this season, we ought to be able to make the same run against a mid-major conference lineup, playing on one of our home courts.

Reaction Score
Remember 2011! It wasn't all that long ago.

We were like the proverbial Phoenix. We rose from the ashes of a 9-9 conference record. It was the best conference in the country. If we could win five games in five days against that level of competition, then surely, even though we may be less talented and experienced this season, we ought to be able to make the same run against a mid-major conference lineup, playing on one of our home courts.

Problem Nick is they won the Maui and 9-9 was in the Big East. If they approach 9-9 or even 10-6 in the AAC there won't even be ashes. But I get the idea and one can only hope the XL Center is our best friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom