Can The Horde do something useful | The Boneyard

Can The Horde do something useful

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The 25 of you that suck off the UConn teat - can you go find one fact.

Does the new AAC deal include UConn WBB rights going fully to ESPN and + or does UConn still have games to sell to SNY.

Aren’t any of you the least bit curious?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Problem is that there really isn’t a new deal yet.

We have one SBJ report of a new deal, but that’s the extent of it.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Problem is that there really isn’t a new deal yet.

We have one SBJ report of a new deal, but that’s the extent of it.

Maybe they can call John Ourand.

The league can leak the number so they get their one billion headlines - how about someone leak something about the programs that generate a lot of that.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Maybe they can call John Ourand.

The league can leak the number so they get their one billion headlines - how about someone leak something about the programs that generate a lot of that.

Well, what do you want them to write about next?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Well, what do you want them to write about next?

Easy. Do a seat count at XL and Gampel.

Figure out the additional revenue if they sell the same number of tickets with the new donations.

Find an economist who has heard of price elasticity and knows that three losing years in a row is bad. Ask him how many season tickets they lose.

Subtract that from the first number. Print the net result.

Reaction Score

Figure out the additional revenue if they sell the same number of tickets with the new donations.

Find an economist who has heard of price elasticity and knows that three losing years in a row is bad. Ask him how many season tickets they lose.

Reprorters have become so lazy that they can’t be bothered to Check facts. Seems as though they just print anything That pops into their heads or read the boneyard where the posters are more knowledgeable and care more than the reporters .

Reaction Score
My guess is that SNY is SOL re UConn basketball as SNY content......I think that we'll find that ESPN demanded that content in the new contract to sell ESPN+.

But...ESPN might have worked out something like they did with Raycom...

CHAPEL HILL — Don’t worry about Raycom, not even one bit — things are going to be just fine.

Ownership of two high-end production trucks along with its longtime relationship with the league and ESPN made it the perfect partner to continue working behind the scenes on broadcasts when the ACC Network launches on Aug. 22.

“We got a very, very good — lucrative — production contract from ESPN,” Raycom CEO Jimmy Rayburn said. “A lot of the games next year will still be produced from top to bottom, but they just won’t have the Raycom name on it.

Reaction Score

we have 4 seats in the $400 donation section - that's $1600 extra we're supposed to cough up soon. Ain't happening.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
My guess is that SNY is SOL re UConn basketball as SNY content.I think that we'll find that ESPN demanded that content in the new contract to sell ESPN+.

But...ESPN might have worked out something like they did with Raycom...

CHAPEL HILL — Don’t worry about Raycom, not even one bit — things are going to be just fine.

Ownership of two high-end production trucks along with its longtime relationship with the league and ESPN made it the perfect partner to continue working behind the scenes on broadcasts when the ACC Network launches on Aug. 22.

“We got a very, very good — lucrative — production contract from ESPN,” Raycom CEO Jimmy Rayburn said. “A lot of the games next year will still be produced from top to bottom, but they just won’t have the Raycom name on it.

Well yeah when your daddy is commissioner it goes a long way.

way to stay on topic.

Reaction Score
It is absolutely on topic...your snideness aside.

SNY could work out a production deal...keep working content, just under the ESPN+ name.

Like Raycom...and yeah...we all know that junior is at Raycom.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Whaler wrote...

Does the new AAC deal include UConn WBB rights going fully to ESPN and + or does UConn still have games to sell to SNY.

The answer is...we don't know yet.

But, ESPN has provided a "sweetner" in the past to an entity losing content...

SNY could be a provider to the ESPN+ under contract with ESPN...but, you'd think that the SNY folks would already know that, and they profess not to know much.

Have to wait until details leak out.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It is absolutely on topic...your snideness aside.

SNY could work out a production deal...keep working content, just under the ESPN+ name.

Like Raycom...and yeah...we all know that junior is at Raycom.

Nobody gives a crap what it means for SNY.

We care what it means for UConn. 1. Money. 2. Exposure

Reaction Score
I sure hope SNY can work something out and give UConn needed exposure and a little more money. UConn needs a walkaway plan however. If SNY is serious about staying in CT, it could offer its money to help UConn get out of the AAC and into another league where it could continue its relationship. A crazy possibility would be to form a new conference with Buffalo and a handful of other bigger Northeastern schools that could give Syracuse, BC and the ACC's northeast ambitions (and thus ESPN) a headache.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
And SNY doesn’t give a hoot about production.

If they can’t carry UConn they get banished from half the cable systems in the state.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I sure hope SNY can work something out and give UConn needed exposure and a little more money. UConn needs a walkaway plan however. If SNY is serious about staying in CT, it could offer its money to help UConn get out of the AAC and into another league where it could continue its relationship. A crazy possibility would be to form a new conference with Buffalo and a handful of other bigger Northeastern schools that could give Syracuse, BC and the ACC's northeast ambitions (and thus ESPN) a headache.

You’re way too new to start peddling insane conference scenarios.

Reaction Score
I have been neutral in the AAC C7 argument. If SNY (New York) exposure is gone, I am in begging mode. ESPN has sheet on us enough

Reaction Score
Maybe so, but if I'm UConn I'd want to strengthen my bargaining position however I can and use SNY's desperation to stay in Hartford/New Haven to my advantage. If SNY gives enough money and exposure, maybe UConn playing Iona (plus less travel) would be worth it for a few years over playing Tulsa. Women's hoops advertisers would be just as happy. SNY could control a small piece of college hoops and bundle it to retirees in Florida. Plus it might shake up ESPN to see the mess it's made. The point? You don't half to pay the Harlem Globetrotters the same as the Washington Generals. Effectively, UConn should be saying ANY Washington Generals will do, as long as we get paid and fans can see us play.

Last edited:

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
How many times do I have to post "I told you so" before we realize that this league is a death sentence?

Reaction Score
How many times do I have to post "I told you so" before we realize that this league is a death sentence?
There is no other option at this time, especially if UConn has any aspirations of ever going P5. Look at UCF, Houston, and Cincinnati. The AAC is not hurting them as basketball and football are doing well. Honestly, UConn's problems have been self inflicted: PP/GDL, Diaco, Ollie, maybe Edsall 2. What UConn has lacked is leadership during our time in purgatory to make our athletics better and look more attractive. If we need to raise $25 million a year in private donations per year to make that happen, then tell the fans and come up with a plan to achieve it. At least try!

I am so sick of people complaining about the conference when UConn has had 3 straight losing basketballs seasons and is struggling in football. IT IS NOT THE CONFERENCE!

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
There is no other option at this time, especially if UConn has any aspirations of ever going P5. Look at UCF, Houston, and Cincinnati. The AAC is not hurting them as basketball and football are doing well. Honestly, UConn's problems have been self inflicted: PP/GDL, Diaco, Ollie, maybe Edsall 2. What UConn has lacked is leadership during our time in purgatory to make our athletics better and look more attractive. If we need to raise $25 million a year in private donations per year to make that happen, then tell the fans and come up with a plan to achieve it. At least try!

I am so sick of people complaining about the conference when UConn has had 3 straight losing basketballs seasons and is struggling in football. IT IS NOT THE CONFERENCE!
Counterpoint. It's the conference.

Reaction Score

You forgot to mention Warde's Caribbean buffet and Suzie's naivete.

dogged1

like a dog with a bone
Reaction Score

I'm gonna take an opposite point of view, perfect newbie post. Fits right in with all the other insane conference realignment senarios we've seen posted here over the years. In fact way more plausible then the really crazy ones.
I predict a bright future, for you @Iconoclast. Just beware the shark. ;)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm gonna take an opposite point of view, perfect newbie post. Fits right in with all the other insane conference realignment senarios we've seen posted here over the years. In fact way more plausible then the really crazy ones.
I predict a bright future, for you @Iconoclast. Just beware the shark. ;)
Thanks for the vote of confidence in my nihilistic fantasy....we'll see if Benedict can make some lemonade with the hand he's been dealt!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom