OT: - Can someone help me with this NY Times crossword puzzle clue? | The Boneyard

OT: Can someone help me with this NY Times crossword puzzle clue?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Six letters, begins with an S…..?

IMG_2025.jpeg

Reaction Score
Perhaps it doesn't start with an "S", and then the answer could be Gamble? It would be nice to know what day this appeared.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Perhaps it doesn't start with an "S", and then the answer could be Gamble? It would be nice to know what day this appeared.
It's not Gample, it's Storrs. It's in a book of Sunday NY Times puzzles

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I find UConn very mainstream in puzzles, UCLA and USC are popular in crosswords as well in various forms.

Recently had a Rutgers reference in a crossword and I almost dropped over. That's rare.

Reaction Score
"Used to be called Storr until they built another one."
Unknown
And "What's better than aggresive?" Two gressives... I've got our grandkids eye-rolling all the time. What's better than eye-rolling?

Reaction Score
Yes, I fired off a response and misspelled the name. It's not like everyone here hasn't done that a time or two. I don't get the reason for the question in the first place. The obvious answer would have been "Storrs", so was it a joke?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
"Used to be called Storr until they built another one."
Unknown
That was Lou Holtz the former Notre Dame head football coach who previously had been an assistant at Connecticut.

It's a great line.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Yes, I fired off a response and misspelled the name. It's not like everyone here hasn't done that a time or two. I don't get the reason for the question in the first place. The obvious answer would have been "Storrs", so was it a joke?
Just some humor. The board has been quiet and the post gave people the opportunity to contribute if they wanted

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
That was Lou Holtz the former Notre Dame head football coach who previously had been an assistant at Connecticut.

It's a great line.
Had a feeling someone would know. :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom