Can Men Also Be Taught To Play This Game? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Can Men Also Be Taught To Play This Game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Do you have a television?

If you think men's college basketball can only be summed by 3 words..not sure there is much conversation to be had here.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
If you think men's college basketball can only be summed by 3 words..not sure there is much conversation to be had here.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
You are correct; NOT a conversation, just a statement......go back to the men's board!

Reaction Score
There is no comparison between men and women in basketball. UConn men would absolutely throttle the women's team by more than 50...now I know this is Ball State, but look at what the D1 women's team plays against in practice..guys who didn't even play high school ball

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
There is no comparison between men and women in basketball. UConn men would absolutely throttle the women's team by more than 50...now I know this is Ball State, but look at what the D1 women's team plays against in practice..guys who didn't even play high school ball

As if that was the question. It wasn't.

Reaction Score
Seeing the Iowa reference earlier and not having weighed in here - or any other time period... Actually I prefer watching women's basketball but only if UConn or 2 or 3 other teams are playing. (I watch all the Iowa men's games but cannot watch the women for more than a few minutes, but I don't watch them because they are the best... only because I'm a long time Hawkeye... have followed UConn since 1995 when I worked there) Sometimes I think as I watch the Hawkeye men that I wish Geno was their coach for a few minutes... some of those quick shots would not be taken. But I certainly do not see the teamwork and focus from many men's or women's teams. UConn is in a very select class.

Reaction Score
. So, those posters might go so far as to say, "No, men cannot be taught BB the way women can." That was the original question.

After watching UConn for about 5 years, my newbie BBIQ tells me that they know something that others don't, including many of their male counterparts. .

No, they were taught what the women were, when they were in elementary school. They moved past it in middle school. You think watching basketball played like it was in the 1960's is revolutionary. It is not.

Reaction Score
A friend of mine once said the basketball hoop should be in the floor, that way its fair for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom