Can everyone calm down? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Can everyone calm down?

Reaction Score
the in-game chat was particularly brutal/ridiculous last night.
The first half was poorly coached and Bouk looked completely out of it. It was warranted

Reaction Score
First half was hard to watch. Missed too many OPEN shots.
Looks like we are a work in progress.
Still say DEFENSE is the key. It takes work to play defense.
Think OF OUR NATY teams are how they changed the game with it.

Reaction Score
The first half was poorly coached and Bouk looked completely out of it. It was warranted
It wasn't. Teams have bad stretches and we were down 1 at half on the road vs. a conference opponent. There's two halves in a game.

Reaction Score
It wasn't. Teams have bad stretches and we were down 1 at half on the road vs. a conference opponent. There's two halves in a game.
We'll just agree to disagree. We started off blistering hot, Hurley unnecessarily makes multiple changes to the lineup and we go on a drought. We ran no semblance of an offense and consistently turned the ball over with no timeout. Bouk was hard to watch in the first half, the whole team was. That's coaching. In the 2nd half outside of the first 5 minutes they were phenomenal. Both things can be and are true

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
The first half was poorly played!!!!! That's on the players.
Agree!! Frankly, I’m not sure why we have coaches anyway. The players are the ones who make the baskets.

Reaction Score
Agree!! Frankly, I’m not sure why we have coaches anyway. The players are the ones who make the baskets.
We have coaches to call timeouts when the players are not making the baskets.

That is the basic reason for coaches. ;)

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
We have coaches to call timeouts when the players are not making the baskets.

That is the basic reason for coaches. ;)
Really? Because I felt like it was more than that. The other hand, I’ve learned in this thread they have very little to do during a game. I’m surprise more don’t use the time for a mani pedi.

Reaction Score
Really? Because I felt like it was more than that. The other hand, I’ve learned in this thread they have very little to do during a game. I’m surprise more don’t use the time for a mani pedi.
Lighten up.

Reaction Score
I don't know why anyone is complaining about not using all his timeouts when we won by 13. You hope to save timeouts to use in a close game in the last minutes if you need them. If the game doesn't end up being close you don't need to end up using them.

If it turned out that he used more of his timeouts early and then we didn't have them to call in a close game in the last minute all these same people would be saying he wasted them and should have relied on media timeouts more.

Reaction Score
Fix your sarcasm meter.
Of course, there is more to coaching. Sorry you did not see it as humor, but saw it as my minimizing the role of a coach. As a taxpayer in this state, I would hope we would get more from a coach, and we are getting a lot more.

If I have such a meter, this is pretty low on the meter for me, but I will be careful going forward.

However, thank you for using the term mani pedi in your comment, which seriously I had not really known much about so I looked it up on YouTube and this widely used procedure seems fraught with peril absent safety precautions.

Hopefully, female members of anyone's family need to be careful.

Reaction Score
Who said anything about shooting?

Do you people really think momentum doesn't matter? Do you people think time and score doesn't matter? Do you people think set plays to stem the tide and to get your offense back on track don't matter? Do you people think coaches are given timeouts to bring home with them every game?
Yes. They think the coach is not responsible for anything. It’s all about the players on the floor and what they do or don’t do. “The coach doesn’t miss shots”. “The coach doesn’t drop the ball”.

these are some of the most idiotic posts in the history of the Boneyard.

Reaction Score
D62F946D-DE1C-4D8D-9FD3-B20E0D5D8658.gif

Reaction Score
I gotta say, after watching Seton Hall drop two in a row @ Gtown and @ butler, and then seeing Xavier struggle on the road @ providence, and seeing Marquette annihilate UNC on the road, it makes me feel a whole lot better about our team, particularly with how we’ve played on the road. All this Hurley bashing and bashing our guys needs to stop. We have a lot to be proud of this season, especially going 8 games without Bouk and picking up wins against these tough big east teams, on the road too! UConn is 100% a tournament team, and can make a run, especially once these guys all gel going into the BET. Watch out for UConn in March!

Reaction Score
Running the same D all the time, no matter what it is, makes it easier on the offense. I feel like Dan needs an hour long sitdown with Bill Belichick.
Exactly. Do what an opponent isn’t expecting. It’s like Hurley’s version of the cuse zone. Play 1 defense and only 1 defense. if Teams don’t see it a lot it works. When they see it all the time they know how to exploit it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom