Can everyone calm down? | The Boneyard

Can everyone calm down?

Reaction Score
Look, that game was far from pretty and there’s a lot we need to get better at if we want to make the tourney, but if you went into the chat at all tonight you’d think we lost by 20.

You don’t need to apologize for road conference wins, let alone when you cover the spread easily. This conference has seen Seton Hall lose to this same Georgetown team 3 nights ago, and Creighton lose to both Georgetown and Providence.

in the end, we’ve won every game we should have with Bouk in there and if not for a lucky miracle for Creighton we would be 8-1 with him.

Breathe people. This isn’t the pros. You’re not getting A+ performances from every player for 40 minutes every game.

Reaction Score
The frustration stems from out issues that have been consistent and show little improvement. Lack of an offensive plan other than the random back door alley oop to Bouk. The hedging by the bigs that certainly shouldn’t be. The pointless idea that Sanogo and Whaley getting the ball at the top of the key doesn’t cause issues. And of course the consistent foul trouble. These are things that are fixable but just haven’t been even close to fixed.

Reaction Score
The frustration stems from out issues that have been consistent and show little improvement. Lack of an offensive plan other than the random back door alley oop to Bouk. The hedging by the bigs that certainly shouldn’t be. The pointless idea that Sanogo and Whaley getting the ball at the top of the key doesn’t cause issues. And of course the consistent foul trouble. These are things that are fixable but just haven’t been even close to fixed.
you don't think that the cole pick-and-rolls were part of the plan on offense? that seemed to work pretty well.

Reaction Score
you don't think that the cole pick-and-rolls were part of the plan on offense? that seemed to work pretty well.
I do but it seems that there is always the same end to those pick and rolls, which is Cole shooting a floater or something like that. And when it works like it did in the 2nd half it’s all great, but that won’t always be the case. The lack of drive and kick in our offense is annoying.

Reaction Score
I don’t think our offensive game plan was honestly that bad tonight. I saw a lot of good movement other than that ugly 1H stretch. And again—ugly stretches are going to happen.

Reaction Score
I don’t think our offensive game plan was honestly that bad tonight. I saw a lot of good movement other than that ugly 1H stretch. And again—ugly stretches are going to happen.
Yes but stretches shouldn’t last 16 minutes, they should be short and ended, or attempted to be ended by timeouts or runs. Often it doesn’t appear to be a stretch for us, rather a norm.

Reaction Score
Shot 46% from the floor, out rebounded them by 20, held them to 36% shooting, and won by 13.

Seems the plan worked pretty well

Reaction Score
Amen. When the dust settled, we ended up getting great leadership from RJ & Bouk. RJs statline 17 points, 7 assists, 5 rebounds, 6 steals, and 0 turnovers one of the best of the year.

We dominated the boards, strong in the paint. They got very little easy shots.

And give Harris the freshman point guard for the Hoya’s credit for those blow buys on our defense… He is crafty and quick as hell… Should be a nice piece for them going forward.

Reaction Score
Yes but stretches shouldn’t last 16 minutes, they should be short and ended, or attempted to be ended by timeouts or runs. Often it doesn’t appear to be a stretch for us, rather a norm.
Hurley should have reminded the team in the 1st half that when they shoot the ball it's supposed to go in instead of waiting for the 2nd half to do that

Reaction Score
Shot 46% from the floor, out rebounded them by 20, held them to 36% shooting, and won by 13.

Seems the plan worked pretty well
The issues were the first half. What percent did we shoot then? What was the score then. The win shouldn’t mask everything, issues need to be fixed so the lulls don’t last 15 mins and certainly don’t happen against much better teams than GTown.

Reaction Score
My problem is they continue to have such bad stretches. If they want to compete in the Big East tourney and NCAA tourney they have to play complete games.
We’d all love to get rid of bad stretches but those are unfortunately going to happen when you don’t have much high level offensive talent. Villanova, a top 10 team in the country and best team in our conference, had ugly stretches vs us 3 days ago. It’s not like it’s unique to UConn

Reaction Score
The issues were the first half. What percent did we shoot then? What was the score then. The win shouldn’t mask everything, issues need to be fixed so the lulls don’t last 15 mins and certainly don’t happen against much better teams than GTown.
The game plan didn’t change in the second half. The ball just went in the hoop.

Reaction Score
I like Sanogo and think that he'll end up being a very good player at UConn, but it's amazing how much better they look on offense when they don't run it through him like he's Olajuwon in his prime.

Let the guards create and limit the bigs to dump offs unless Sanogo has a huge size advantage and can post-up.

Reaction Score
Hurley should have reminded the team in the 1st half that when they shoot the ball it's supposed to go in instead of waiting for the 2nd half to do that
Execution. I’m not talking about missing good shots or playing well but things aren’t falling, my frustration stems from playing down to the opposition. For about a 3 minute stretch in the first half I was watching a game that would’ve been more at home in my local YMCA. And no timeout was called to figure things out.

Reaction Score
My problem is they continue to have such bad stretches. If they want to compete in the Big East tourney and NCAA tourney they have to play complete games.
Agree, but outside of Gonzaga or maybe Baylor, there are no great teams in college basketball. Everybody has bad stretches. I think we all would have signed up for a 13 point win tonight. I believe the Ken Pom spread was like 3. I still like our chances of winning out the rest of the regular season.

Reaction Score
The game plan didn’t change in the second half. The ball just went in the hoop.
Oh but it probably did. Because good staffs figure out what wasn’t working and adjust. And I give Hurley and Co. credit for that. They kept the ball in Cole’s hands and trusted him to make the right plays, got Polley and Bouk some good matchups, and got away from posting up Sanogo which wasn’t really working besides the first few minutes.

Reaction Score
And the timeouts...you have them, please use them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom