Can anyone name 13 better prospects than Daniel Hamilton for the nBA? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Can anyone name 13 better prospects than Daniel Hamilton for the nBA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Smh here we go again with the lists. Scrappy what don't you understand? Just bc a guy leads the nation in scoring doesn't mean he's a NBA prospect let alone the number 30 prospect from Northwestern St. And you think a lottery team is going to take a player from Incarnate Word in the second round? Remember when guys could actually score in basketball and lead the nation in scoring with a 28.0 average? They never got drafted. Someone leading the nation in scoring at 22.8 from the southland conference is not getting picked. Don't show that list to nbadraft.net or draftexpress. They will hurt you're feelings.

Zeek Woodley is only a sophomore and likely wont come out but he is one of the most explosive athletes from the 2 guard in the entire nation. I guess according to your logic Damian Lillard shouldnt go pick # 6.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Zeek Woodley is only a sophomore and likely wont come out but he is one of the most explosive athletes from the 2 guard in the entire nation. I guess according to your logic Damian Lillard shouldnt go pick # 6.

Damian Lillard is the exception to the rule that occurs once every so often. I root for the small school guys to make it just as much as anybody but come on scrappy, be realistic...have you seen him play in person? Which other two guards are you comparing him to?

Reaction Score
The "experts" are never wrong. That's why Hasheem Thabeet was drafted 5 spots before Steph Curry.

Reaction Score
Damian Lillard is the exception to the rule that occurs once every so often. I root for the small school guys to make it just as much as anybody but come on scrappy, be realistic...have you seen him play in person? Which other two guards are you comparing him to?
I only noticed him when they were on espn this season against Oklahoma. I'm telling you he's a high div 1 talent with NBA potential. Hes got ELITE athletic ability good handle and a very nice shot all the way to 3. Go look up Zeek Woodley video's--the guy is an explosive player. he is shooting 83% from the FL with high volume and 41% from 3. I mean a free throw is a free throw right? What is Rodney Purvis shooting from the line with 1/5 of the attempts? Those guys are about the same size and Woodley has better hops.

Reaction Score
The internet is the most unbelievable repository of readily accessible information in human history. You have virtually endless quantities of information available at the touch of a button. It truly is one of the single most amazing developments of all time.

And yet when you type "Zeek Woodley" and "NBA" into Google you literally get nothing. Do you know how rare that is? You can usually type a series of random words and get some response.

Reaction Score
You are either blind or you haven't watched much UConn bb this season. Daniel has improved quite a bit. He just recieved freshman of the week 2 weeks in a row. I still think he should stay one more year but that's it. He has too much talent and skill to be here longer.

I haven't missd a Uconn game since 2001 and I'm not blind bc I watch Hamilton shoot 40% from the field 34% from 3 and 65% from the line. Freshmen of the week? What does that mean in this conference? You watch a different game then I watch. Clearly Big Ern and I watch the same game compared to a lot of people on this site.

Reaction Score
How did i just notice that Scrappy has Hamilton listed as a PG/SG.....

156971fba7f5a07b9a5e6ccf8531bd2be31cb49a4cc658e9fae93a71cf8330b5.jpg

Reaction Score
TheConnRules said:
I haven't missd a Uconn game since 2001 and I'm not blind bc I watch Hamilton shoot 40% from the field 34% from 3 and 65% from the line. Freshmen of the week? What does that mean in this conference? You watch a different game then I watch. Clearly Big Ern and I watch the same game compared to a lot of people on this site.

While top five might be pushing it, dumbing down his potential to simple shooting percentages is pushing it in the other direction. He's not quite polished yet offensively, so he's a bit streaky and inconsistent. But there's very little he can't do. He could put up 30 points, 20 rebounds or 10 assists in a game and I wouldn't be surprised by any one of those numbers. He can impact a game in a lot of ways, and can be dominant in spurts - he just doesn't have the day-in, day-out consistency yet that more experienced players have.

Reaction Score

He's averaging 13, 10, and 5 over his last 8. But yea, he hasn't improved. Why would you include his year long shooting percentages if you wanted to make to talk about how he's been playing lately?

Reaction Score

By your logic Reggie Hamilton, Aubrey Coleman, Reggie Williams, Ki Ki Clark and Ruben Douglass all should of went number 30 in the draft. Guess what, they didn't bc they were not NBA prospects. Woodley, Nance, Harvey and Livingston are not mentioned anywhere as pro prospects. If you look back and see pre mock drafts you will see Lillard was in a lot of analysts top 10.

Reaction Score
He's averaging 13, 10, and 5 over his last 8. But yea, he hasn't improved. Why would you include his year long shooting percentages if you wanted to make to talk about how he's been playing lately?

I defiantly said that he has improved but scouts will look at his overall season not just the last 8-9 games. He needs to develop a jump shot or else that runner he takes 5 times a game is a block waiting to happen in the league. Selfishly I want him to stay another year but if he wants to go he's earned it whether we as fans think its the right decision or not.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Daniel has great versatility and superior speed and quickness for his size. I do wonder if his game will be less effective in the NBA unless he can become a better jumpshooter who can get a shot off when contested. His 3's are mostly set shots and he has a low release point on his shot compared to most of the top 2G's. Will he be able to rebound in the NBA anywhere near like he can against college players? I do not mean to rain on the parade, but he has multiple areas to improve in and I hope he stays a third year, but agree that may not be too likely.

Reaction Score
TheConnRules said:
I defiantly said that he has improved but scouts will look at his overall season not just the last 8-9 games. He needs to develop a jump shot or else that runner he takes 5 times a game is a block waiting to happen in the league. Selfishly I want him to stay another year but if he wants to go he's earned it whether we as fans think its the right decision or not.

You said he has not progressed at all this year like other freshmen. That was the point that most took umbrage to. I think most of your other points are fair - he has some work to do before he's ready for the next level, but the potential is there.

Scouts won't look all that much at the stat sheets. They'll watch and project how he fits at the next level as he refines his skills. There are much better defensive bigs, yes, but there are also bigs who can finish on post feeds other than alley oops who could benefit from his passing skills. That runner you think will just be blocked will become a wraparound pass to a big man more often. There are also wider driving lanes, with the arc at 23-9, so he'd have more room to work. That's what helped someone like Rudy become a more explosive scorer than he was in college when driving lanes were clogged.

On the flip side, NBA range is an issue, as is the fact that he really doesn't have an explosive first step, which could leave him in tweener territory (Lamb has mostly played the 3 in the league, and he's more of a guard than DHam). So I don't think most scouts would project him in the high lottery, at least not yet. If he makes a leap forward this off season refining his skills and being more consistent as a lead guy on offense, that could change.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
He isn't going to enter the draft this year so comparing him to guys that are is stupid. That being said, aside from Drummond, he's the best NBA prospect I've seen at UConn in a long time. Much more complete than Lamb was as a freshman, or Deandre, or anybody else since Rudy Gay. FT shooting is an easy fix, his 3 point shooting will improve. He's already unguardable, gets into the lane with ease and creates for himself and others. He creates more of our offense than Boatright, and I don't think it's close. His rebounding has picked up significantly, leading to more pine time for Facey.
Unbelievable upside.

Reaction Score
How did i just notice that Scrappy has Hamilton listed as a PG/SG.....

View attachment 8654

I visualize Hamilton as a combo guard capable of playing 1 or 2 in the NBA. He needs 14 months to work on his jumpshot. I predict he will be a top 5 draft pick NEXT year. I think it would be an UTTER mistake to get flashed into the draft when he is not ready. He is ABSOLUTELY not ready right now for NBA basketball. Hone your skills strengthen your body wait until the cap moves up 33% next season--go out and play great and make milions as a high value pick.
The internet is the most unbelievable repository of readily accessible information in human history. You have virtually endless quantities of information available at the touch of a button. It truly is one of the single most amazing developments of all time.

And yet when you type "Zeek Woodley" and "NBA" into Google you literally get nothing. Do you know how rare that is? You can usually type a series of random words and get some response.

Well then you can be the first(hey you can take the credit for it!!)--take the plunge because Zeek Woodley at some point over the next 24 months will be an NBA first round pick.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Well then you can be the first(hey you can take the credit for it!!)--take the plunge because Zeek Woodley at some point over the next 24 months will be an NBA first round pick.

I think most of the people on this board have a better shot of going in the first round than this guy.

Reaction Score
You said he has not progressed at all this year like other freshmen. That was the point that most took umbrage to. I think most of your other points are fair - he has some work to do before he's ready for the next level, but the potential is there.

Scouts won't look all that much at the stat sheets. They'll watch and project how he fits at the next level as he refines his skills. There are much better defensive bigs, yes, but there are also bigs who can finish on post feeds other than alley oops who could benefit from his passing skills. That runner you think will just be blocked will become a wraparound pass to a big man more often. There are also wider driving lanes, with the arc at 23-9, so he'd have more room to work. That's what helped someone like Rudy become a more explosive scorer than he was in college when driving lanes were clogged.

On the flip side, NBA range is an issue, as is the fact that he really doesn't have an explosive first step, which could leave him in tweener territory (Lamb has mostly played the 3 in the league, and he's more of a guard than DHam). So I don't think most scouts would project him in the high lottery, at least not yet. If he makes a leap forward this off season refining his skills and being more consistent as a lead guy on offense, that could change.

He hasn't improved like Okafor, Towns, Russell, Johnson, Winslow or Oubre. And the last three guys I said play the same position as Daniel. If the last two games haven't shown you that Hamilton is not ready for the league then nothing will. In the end I could name 13 better NBA prospects then Daniel Hamilton.

Reaction Score
Why are we bumping Scrappy's post? He's the only poster who gives me hope, even if its a fantasy.

Reaction Score
Shame that such a great kid played such a role in sinking us this game. Discounting his 1-12 :)eek::eek:) shooting, the rest of the team was 19-32. That's gotta be close to 60%.

Reaction Score
Shame that such a great kid played such a role in sinking us this game. Discounting his 1-12 :)eek::eek:) shooting, the rest of the team was 19-32. That's gotta be close to 60%.
He straight up air-balled a number of times.

That said, I strongly believe this kid will be a star next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom