Status
Not open for further replies.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
Because those dopes film each other doing it for tiktok
DF9F1761-6D08-4535-846A-D7E45A7C2190.jpeg

Reaction Score
Can you all stop clutching your pearls and let the students be students like every class got to in 2014, 2011, 2004, and 1999?
Next title i am stopping by your house and flipping your car and breaking down the door to your house. If you dont like that then tell me what the difference here is.

Reaction Score
Because those dopes film each other doing it for tiktok

I swear it's worse in K-12. The amount of crap kids do off-campus that gets reported to us is staggering. fights, drugs, vaping, speeding in cars, vandalism, all of it. There is a sizeable proportion of kids that just don't begin to register than filming crimes is a bad thing.

Sometimes it's helpful--things like bullying that effect the school... but do I really need to know if little Johnny has a vape and posted a video of it? Absolutely not. That's his parents' job to deal with.

Reaction Score
It's dumb. UConn needs to find a way to provide a better outlet. The lack of a clear celebration point on campus is a problem.

Lawrence does a good job with KU, blocks off the main street to cars, and the cops ask no questions about what's in a Solo Cup (but no bottles or cans). The result is everybody gets to celebrate and go a little crazy without breaking stuff.
But Lawrence also typically has a lot more time between Championships to plan for such celebrations..............

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Good thing they memorialized it on video. It'll make their prosecution and subsequent expulsion easier.
I said to my freshman son that it's hard to imagine a generation that takes pictures and videos of everything would be so stupid as to do something like what's in the video and think they're getting away with it.

Reaction Score
in 1979 there was much greater damage when they converted Stowe from an all male dorm to a coed one. A lot of folks got thrown off campus but am not sure anyone was arrested

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
It's dumb. UConn needs to find a way to provide a better outlet. The lack of a clear celebration point on campus is a problem.

Lawrence does a good job with KU, blocks off the main street to cars, and the cops ask no questions about what's in a Solo Cup (but no bottles or cans). The result is everybody gets to celebrate and go a little crazy without breaking stuff.
In 2014 they had a “block party” outside the student union with a DJ and everything after the victory. Was actually a lot of fun. But a light pole still came down and went through a window in the business school or one of the nearby buildings…

Reaction Score
After "the shot" in 1990 - remember driving around campus and there was a guy with a cardboard sign that said "drink beer and wreck stuff" - that would have gone viral had the internet existed LMAO

It is stupid and I never partook but to the extent nobody got seriously hurt and damage was minor just need to move on.

Reaction Score
this is the most significant change - the kids with the light pole are screwed. RAs never had videos back in the day........

I spent most of the time inventing stories to keep my residents out of trouble. Thank got there was no video.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
in 1979 there was much greater damage when they converted Stowe from an all male dorm to a coed one. A lot of folks got thrown off campus but am not sure anyone was arrested
Sort of. The guys in Stowe did burn dorm furniture, but they actually signed an agreement to all be equally responsible for the cost of replacing it. Which isn’t to say they weren’t idiots. I can remember a big, heavy steel trashcan, coming out the window and landing within 10 feet of a bunch of people walking by. It was done in protest over the school, making Stowe coed but, nobody tore down lamp posts, and nobody smashed the door into the student union.

But as a lot of people have pointed out, it’s absolute idiocy to vandalize a public building in front of 1000 people who all have their cell phone out and are filming you.

Reaction Score
Lightweights! At Northwest Frats in the 60's, we enjoyed had a festive & dangerous 'lounge furniture bonfire' every weekend, until it was all gone.

Of course, my memories of those times & of school daze are very fleeting & incomplete. The popular & operative phrase most often being, "Wanna Bong?" Ha!

Don't worry boys, you can finish up at Southern!

Reaction Score
My wife arrived on campus early this morning and saw some unfortunate signs of vandalism. Never understood the violent reaction to celebrating, just be happy. Guess there is much more damage at the Student Union with broken windows, doors, etc. View attachment 86793 View attachment 86794
I heard they took down a lamppost and used it to break windows at the student union. Really, what did that do? In the picture a car is flipped over, why do you need to flip over a car. Is it yours?

Reaction Score
It is a campus of 18,500 undergrads, almost half of whom are young men, a group not typically known for good judgement or self-control. There are going to be some DBs in that group.
That is true, when I worked for an Office Supply Store in Newington, back in 1994, I had a co worker who was a student at UConn and he was talking about the bonfires he went to on campus and burning couches and bedding.

I told him that he is going to die young because of his partying, burning things at campus and that his parents will be burying him. Of course, that day, he watched a self service shopper (a shoplifter) walked out the door with a Dell Computer - and I help the shoplifter when I was going into the store, telling him thanks for shopping with us. By the time the manager (not the kid) told me he stole the computer, he was long gone. He parked his car at the side of Route 9 and then he either went 84 west, 84 east or somewhere else. He was telling me about his day off (which was getting drunk and being at a bonfire where they burned a sofa). After work, I had a week off and when I came back, my manager told me that he died, fell asleep driving and drove under a parked semitrailer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24
Top Bottom