Cam Whitmore Big East Freshman of the Year | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Cam Whitmore Big East Freshman of the Year

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Finding Nemo Lol GIF

Reaction Score
When AK was winning freshman of the week, week after week, we were crushing team after team. I thought of his awards then as a nice cherry on top. I don't care about those awards one iota when we are playing like we have been. Enjoy it CAM. I mean that

Reaction Score
And really, it depends if you look at good numbers or just "who took more shot" numbers.

Minutes-weighted luck-adjusted RAPM. RAPM is adjusted for teammates.
karaban-rapm.png

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Karaban and Whitmore were unanimous selections to the freshman team.

You only need one or two Whitmore voters voters to vote Whitmore one, Clingan two and Karaban three as compared to Karaban voters going Karaban, Whitmore and Clingan.

It's obvious it was a two person race overall so it came down to a small number of voters who didn't put Karaban second.
I doubt anybody voted Clingan 2. People keep mentioning this but there was no split vote because only two guys were even in the conversation. They picked the guy who looks like an NBA player instead of the guy who looks like a superb college player. I'd vote Karaban, but they clearly gave Whitmore credit for time off as if he played.

Reaction Score
Obviously furious about this - but I think it's just another piece of bulletin board material.. Time to crush some souls in the Garden.

Reaction Score
Wow, we’re going to have a chip on our shoulder- kolek gets player of the year over sanogo - whitmore gets freshman of the year over Karaban after Karaban outplayed him in both meetings, and Kalkbrenner comically gets defensive player of the year over Jackson -love it.

Reaction Score
The overall production from Whitmore is higher because he was relied on a little more to take shots and get defensive rebounds, but the efficiency of Karaban was better due to better shooting percentages, more assists, and less turnovers. Hence Whitmore's PER was higher, but Karaban's efficency rating was much higher on offense and equal to Whitmore on defense.

Whitmore is a very nice player. See ya, and take that absolute gift of a trophy you got to the NBA with you. We will just be content to bring back the real Freshman of the year to terrorize all you idiot coaches next year.
Yeah baby, yeah :) it’s not all about scoring average. My guess is Karaban played more games and was not the first option as was the hyped Whitmore ?

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
There’s the guy with the higher ceiling, and then there’s the guy who played better on the season as a whole. I thought that was what the award was about.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I’ll be looking out for Karaban’s point spread on prize picks tomorrow.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Wow, we’re going to have a chip on our shoulder- kolek gets player of the year over sanogo - whitmore gets freshman of the year over Karaban after Karaban outplayed him in both meetings, and Kalkbrenner comically gets defensive player of the year over Jackson -love it.
Kolek over AS is not a surprise at all. If you can look at his numbers and still insist Kolek didn’t deserve it, you have no idea what you are looking at. TBH, I would choose Hawk over AS this season,

Reaction Score
I disagree, but I don't think it's a crazy stretch to have Whitmore. He had a great year, is top 10 bound for the NBA. Good branding to give it to your star instead of the quietly solid guy

Hope Andre and AK use the "snubs" as fuel this week to destroy the rest of the BE

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
I disagree, but I don't think it's a crazy stretch to have Whitmore. He had a great year, is top 10 bound for the NBA. Good branding to give it to your star instead of the quietly solid guy

Hope Andre and AK use the "snubs" as fuel this week to destroy the rest of the BE
He had a good year not great

Reaction Score
Appropriate caveats about Georgetown aside, Whitmore was really good tonight. 19 and 10. 8/11 field. 3/5 from 3.
Couple sick dunks, including this one where he almost hit his head on the rim.

Reaction Score
Appropriate caveats about Georgetown aside, Whitmore was really good tonight. 19 and 10. 8/11 field. 3/5 from 3.

He was really good tonight. No question. If he was doing that most of the season nobody on here would be complaining about him getting BE FOY. Just like nobody on here, except a couple real homers, are complaining about Kolek getting BE POY.

Reaction Score

Great player. I would say probably the second best freshman in the conference

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom