Cam Spencer Commits to UConn | Page 14 | The Boneyard

Cam Spencer Commits to UConn

Reaction Score
Happy about Spencer, but was talking specifically adding a bench shooter .
oh i see... you wanted another bench shooter in addition to Spencer...I misunderstood...it looks to me like the next year's roster is now set..

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It's ok to admit they have a decent program
Im Not Leaving You Season 7 GIF by One Chicago

Reaction Score
Having experience like Newton, Karaban and Spencer is unreal. Highlights are one sided of course but Spencer can do so many things, he’s the type of smart player we hate playing against and puts up 20 on us with 5 assists. How’s his defense?

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
No matter what our ranking is 3-7 what if we get 2 players to be as good as Karaban and Clingan? No guarantee but what if? Would we have traded them preseason for 2 of Duke's top McD's? Likely. That's why this is a crap shoot and we really don't know that much about how new players will play until we actually SEE.
One of the interesting things that rating services seem to miss quite a bit is the value of high school coaching. If we look at Sanogo, Karaban and Clingan we see athletes who came into the program with very sound fundamentals about the game including their position. They make an immediate impact coming into college because they don't have to be taught the basics. They also had great work ethics that were instilled in them before they got here. That's a real hats off to our coaching staff's insight. If a recruit comes in lacking these attributes it must be like a buzz saw when they hit their first practice.
I am looking forward to all the new players this year and hope we again find some great young men who aspire to be challenged and will thrive in this environment. It's going to be an exciting year!

Reaction Score
This is great . We will be competitive. I am of course hoping for a repeat but the odds are very high against a repeat. Still we should aim for that but us fans should not expect it but support our team no matter what happens next season.

Looking forward to the football reason with hope that there will be progress over last year.

Reaction Score
Can we find another Joey C ? His value as a shooter off the bench, and moxie helped the team alot. Big time portal get by the staff out of nowhere. Hoping we get another late surprise.
I agree another shooter in the Joey C. mold who has experience would be a great get. Can never have enough shooting especially in our offense.

Reaction Score
“I would get so frustrated his junior year because I literally reached out to 100 schools, sending them notes, sending them film, saying, ‘Coach, you’ve got to look at this kid. You’ll want him on your roster. He’d help you win games,”‘ Rees recalled. “And just no interest whatsoever.”

Alternate access:

New UConn guard Cam Spencer was once a recruit from Baltimore nobody wanted

Reaction Score
One of the interesting things that rating services seem to miss quite a bit is the value of high school coaching. If we look at Sanogo, Karaban and Clingan we see athletes who came into the program with very sound fundamentals about the game including their position. They make an immediate impact coming into college because they don't have to be taught the basics. They also had great work ethics that were instilled in them before they got here. That's a real hats off to our coaching staff's insight. If a recruit comes in lacking these attributes it must be like a buzz saw when they hit their first practice.
I am looking forward to all the new players this year and hope we again find some great young men who aspire to be challenged and will thrive in this environment. It's going to be an exciting year!

The intangibles

Reaction Score
Can see Spencer emerging as one of the team leaders once he's spent sometime with his new teammates this summer. Others will also emerge as leaders.. But there is tremendous value in veteran leadership like his and Newton..

Reaction Score
Can see Spencer emerging as one of the team leaders once he's spent sometime with his new teammates this summer. Others will also emerge as leaders.. But there is tremendous value in veteran leadership like his and Newton..

Vet leadership and the sophomore's tournament experience will be the difference-maker this season IMO.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Newton will be a quiet leader. Alex will be a vocal and cerebral leader.

Spencer will be the passionate leader that will replace the void of Andre.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom