Cam is a legend | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Cam is a legend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Final Four Sport GIF by NCAA March Madness
can’t believe i never searched for this before
It was in about 3x in "One Shining Moment".

Reaction Score
Cam was everywhere tonight- so many loose balls right place right time -we ll never have a player like him ever again- my number one off-season hope there’s a glimmer or slight chance that lawyers can overturn the ncaas ruling. Greatest one year player in UConn history. Dove a close second. Gonna miss this team so much

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Cam doesn’t get nearly the credit he deserves post game.

He was an absolute monster today and had the “eye of the tiger“

Team Player
Clutch
Tough
Finisher
Take the games to the opponent

This is what he’ll be remembered for.
I think the moment was captured in the picture with the rookie Castle and Cam hugging at the end of the game and Castle's big smile. Priceless.

Reaction Score
Spencer is definitely a stud. What a great win for UConn. Going from Rutgers to UConn and getting a ring- doesn't get any better than that!
I have a few Rutgers alumni from the J.C. metro area in my inner-circle and they're taking credit for Cam and Hurley.

Reaction Score
We UConn fans revere our former All Americans who went on to have outstanding NBA careers but may have not won a Natty while at UConn.
Cam should be in a higher class than those players, because even though he was here just one year, he was a key part in the best UConn team of all time.

Reaction Score
Outside of winning Monday night and the BET, when he got in Bacot’s face at MSG and started talking **** might be my favorite moment of the season.

Reaction Score
For your viewing pleasure:
His BBIQ is unreal. Never flustered, always making the best (not just right) play.

Yikes. Anybody have ANY idea how we replace that?

Reaction Score
Cam is once in a lifetime. He got us started but had 8 rebounds. He’s been doing high boards for awhile and it’s incredible.
His performance reminded me a lot of Ricky Moore’s against Duke in ‘99. He scored early in the game until everyone got going and settled into the game. After that he just did what needed to be done.

Reaction Score
What a journey, from Rutgers to National Champs in less than 1 year
So, do you think Rutgers advertises that a Rutgers coached player just won the national championship in their recruiting advertising?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Tristen's take in a WSJ article: Tristen Newton, UConn’s starting point guard who transferred to the Huskies before last season, talked about how tricky it can be to integrate on-the-fly with an accomplished team. “Last year was pretty difficult for me to come in here and play well as a transfer,” Newton said. “But Cam, since the first day of workouts in the summer, he’s been great. I don’t know how he did it so quick.”

Reaction Score
Just saw a clip of Spencer dribbling a ball in the locker room after the win and Clingan shouting “Cam it’s ok to put the ball down, we won.” And Spencer kept going. Funny.
They are so smart they fired Hurley. Lol

Reaction Score
Not long after the game last night I starting thinking that Karaban may be the best "glue guy" we've ever had (player who does the little things that often go unnoticed, things that don't make it to the stat sheet), but quickly realized, Cam & Castles for one yer and Newton for two years can give him a good run for his money on this.

What this group of guys gave us needs to be fully appreciated. We may not see this again.
So we had a “Glue Team”??!!

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Outside of winning Monday night and the BET, when he got in Bacot’s face at MSG and started talking **** might be my favorite moment of the season.
And there are so many to choose from. My favorites are like when he gets in the face of entire opponent student sections and stares at them after the game at MSG tourney and points at the exit sign! He'll be enshrined forever as a Uconn favorite. Exactly the offensive sparkplug and fiery on floor leader we needed. Perfect fit with DH, staff and players.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
If you're a talented player who watched tonight's game with Spencer and Newton and you don't want to portal over to UConn, I don't know what to tell you.

But yeah. Cam is awesome. Love the intensity and playmaking that he brings to the team.
Don't forget the not insubstantial role that Joey C played in getting #5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom