Cam is a legend | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Cam is a legend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Uconn Huskies Sport GIF by NCAA March Madness

Reaction Score
My daughter knows a few students who are “around” the team. During the summer practices, one of them told her “He’s way better than Joey C” and I said no way.

No offense to California because I loved him too but the kid was right on.

VA Blue Dog

VA Blue Dog
Reaction Score
Remember "Dagger" Spenser's last second 2 beat the then 13-0, No. 1 rated Perdue last year.
He started to receive some attention then and finally on the portal DH was able to beam him up.
His versatility is beyond my expectations.
Has a great handle, can rebound, makes great defensive plays when momentum is heading in the opposite direction, clutch shooter, great inside game among the trees, can dish, has a high BB IQ and his intensity is a perfect expression of his coach.
He is a gift!

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
If you're a talented player who watched tonight's game with Spencer and Newton and you don't want to portal over to UConn, I don't know what to tell you.

But yeah. Cam is awesome. Love the intensity and playmaking that he brings to the team.
Having 2 players that crafty on the same team is unreal. Total understanding of what is possible, especially in traffic.

Reaction Score
I think Cam has played his way into the draft. Probably not round 1 but I think he can make a team as rookie. And I’ll be rooting for him wherever he lands

Reaction Score
What a journey, from Rutgers to National Champs in less than 1 year

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Not long after the game last night I starting thinking that Karaban may be the best "glue guy" we've ever had (player who does the little things that often go unnoticed, things that don't make it to the stat sheet), but quickly realized, Cam & Castles for one yer and Newton for two years can give him a good run for his money on this.

What this group of guys gave us needs to be fully appreciated. We may not see this again.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Earlier this year there was a thread about the most impactful one year player at UConn. At that point there was comparison to Henefeld. At that point I believe the general consensus that he and Cam were close. They are no longer close all due respect to Nadav. Cam is now that guy and it is going to be tough to overtake him. But we are UConn……..

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
Definitely on my Mt. Rushmore of UCONN hoops greats.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Cannot express how much I love this man. Seemed fitting that they showed his patented air-punch two times during one shining moment.

Can’t remember a more crafty Husky.

Looking forward to Danny’s next portal super star on the road to seven!
Is he the next Danny Hurley?!?!?!? Probably - all the signs are there.

Reaction Score
Earlier this year there was a thread about the most impactful one year player at UConn. At that point there was comparison to Henefeld. At that point I believe the general consensus that he and Cam were close. They are no longer close all due respect to Nadav. Cam is now that guy and it is going to be tough to overtake him. But we are UConn……..
I was part of that conversation and agree. There is no longer a comparison.

Reaction Score
I vehemently defended Nadav as the best one year guy in that thread.

And here I am now, the creator of this thread. #killa
I compared Cam's game to Nadav's before the season started back in June in a thread I started called "High BB IQ". People scoffed when I said this team had 4 super BBall IQ players, & I left AJax off the list (not a slight on him.) I wasn't even including TNewton in my list, & he's proven me wrong.

Cam had same effect on team that Nadav did too. The hockey assist, the passing lanes, the heady game, the straw that stirs the drink. You could see it in his rutgers career, and watching his brother play in his year at Northwestern , that he (they) had that bball iq intangible that most just DON'T have. Can't be taught. His competitiveness was a welcome surprise on top. "All Day" he yells to crowd after big 3 to start game. Scores 7 of first 11, giving assist to Clingan for other 2. Onions

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32