Calling BY Golden Hearts and Golden Golden Hearts

Which of you over 70 are:

• Golden Hearts (70-79)

Votes: 50 86.2%
  • Golden Golden Heart (80+)

Votes: 8 13.8%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
Wow, I knew there were some Goldens & Golden Goldens but I amazed at how many of you are on the board. I will say that I' m in no rush to join the Golden club that is fast approaching. Wishing many more years to all of you and your opinions on BB topics..

Reaction Score
Middle Golden here, and proud to still be cell-phone free. Bought my first season tickets to UConn women's basketball for the 93-94 season to watch Rebecca. Been to 3 Final Fours - 01, 02 and 04, memories of which I cherish. Glad to be in good company here.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
At 71 I'm still active. The problem is at times my mind yes and the body says NO!!!

Playing in two bands in the community. Member of our Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) and am a team leader for one of our Search & Rescue teams. Still bike 5+ miles a day.

Reaction Score
Originally posted by @donalddoowop, I just added the poll.

A few years ago, I read on the Boneyard (BY) that many of the fans who come to the UConn home games are elderly. So, I wonder how many who post on the BY are elderly.
  • A Golden Heart is anyone between the ages of 70 to 79.
  • A Golden, Golden Heart is anyone 80 years old or older, of which I am one.

Those of us who lived through the golden years of movies, television, Doo Wop, Baseball, and Football. Those of us who don't get excited when reading a posting about a recruit who graduates in 2024, 2025 or later. Although we may be optimists, we will be thankful just to be alive then. I will feel blessed to get the opportunity to see Paige and Brady play together next season.

So, if you don't mind admitting it, how many of you fall in either category? We may have a lot of things in common.
golden heart here, but in my mind im still 22

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Originally posted by @donalddoowop, I just added the poll.

A few years ago, I read on the Boneyard (BY) that many of the fans who come to the UConn home games are elderly. So, I wonder how many who post on the BY are elderly.
  • A Golden Heart is anyone between the ages of 70 to 79.
  • A Golden, Golden Heart is anyone 80 years old or older, of which I am one.

Those of us who lived through the golden years of movies, television, Doo Wop, Baseball, and Football. Those of us who don't get excited when reading a posting about a recruit who graduates in 2024, 2025 or later. Although we may be optimists, we will be thankful just to be alive then. I will feel blessed to get the opportunity to see Paige and Brady play together next season.

So, if you don't mind admitting it, how many of you fall in either category? We may have a lot of things in common.
I looked at the "sell out" crowd as the TV camera scanned the crowd Monday, I wondered how many of those ardent "mature" fans post on the Boneyard? Anyone have an idea? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
This is a very apt topic because today is my birthday. I just turned 75. I feel a lot younger. I live in Berkeley and have been a cyclist since 1982. I love UConn womens' basketball and can't wait for the season to start each year. Thank you Nan for doing such a wonderful job moderating the site.
Happy birthday ballhawk. :) Many happy returns.

Reaction Score
I looked at the "sell out" crowd as the TV camera scanned the crowd Monday, I wondered how many of those ardent "mature" fans post on the Boneyard? Anyone have an idea? :rolleyes:
Me, too, Carnac. I haven't been to Gampel this season.

I was at the XL Center for the Kutztown game and will be there for NC State and the other XL Center games, accompanied by my brother and a couple of friends who have the season tickets and are very gracious to share.

Perhaps best bet to answer your question would be Tonyc, if he's reading this thread. Last season he set up a quick meeting during halftime of the Arkansas game so I got to meet him and a few others. I don't know if he goes to games at Gampel. It'd be a good hike from his home, but I wouldn't be surprised.

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
A very proud member of the Golden Hearts, 74 years and living well. Moved to Northeastern Tn. earlier this year. Doing the work to get our new home up to snuff has reinforced my bodies aversion to hard physical work, I can only take so much at a time. My sports passion has been the Lady Husky BB team for the past 30+ years as well as "Da Bears" as in the Chicago Bears football team. At least one of my 2 favorite teams is a perennial winner and powerhouse.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Just joined the Golden Heart club last month. Proud fan since 1979 when I attended my first game at the old Field House where there may have been 20 or 30 of us.
Lol, I remember those days well. I was one of the guys lifting behind the curtain that used to surround the court during the games was me. Sorry.

(Although I used to peek through and watch the game in between sets.)

Reaction Score
Lol, I remember those days well. I was one of the guys lifting behind the curtain that used to surround the court during the games was me. Sorry.

(Although I used to peek through and watch the game in between sets.)
One of many activities and noises coming from the other side of the curtain. The leaky roof was more of a distraction.

Reaction Score
A very proud member of the Golden Hearts, 74 years and living well. Moved to Northeastern Tn. earlier this year. Doing the work to get our new home up to snuff has reinforced my bodies aversion to hard physical work, I can only take so much at a time. My sports passion has been the Lady Husky BB team for the past 30+ years as well as "Da Bears" as in the Chicago Bears football team. At least one of my 2 favorite teams is a perennial winner and powerhouse.
Living in NE Tenn. must be hard to hear Rocky Top so often. My brother-in-law used to live in Mars Hill,NC about 20 miles north of Asheville. Being a huge minor league baseball fan your area was home to a multitude of teams in my favorite league - Appalachian Rookie Lg., long gone now with MLB contraction. I loved to visit Knoxville,Sevierville,Greeneville,Johnson City,Elizabethton,Kingsport and Bristol to sit in those small,intimate ballparks where a front row box seat cost five bucks. Between innings entertainment was always hilarious, but best of all you got to see young,hungry kids bust their butt hustling for a shot at The Show. Best bang for your buck ever.

Reaction Score
1668620627444.png
We got all 3 channels and always found something to watch. In fact i still get Ed Sullivan on it. Thank god for cellophane. In 545 days and 12 hours i will be a golden golden octogenarian. YAHOOOO.

Reaction Score
I am on the cusp of 83! The hardest thing for me is reconciling my self -image with what, alas, is reality! As an example (and a very relevant one), I was in London recently, riding (standing) on a crowded tube, and looking admiringly at a lovely lass who was seated nearby. To my initial delight, she caught my eye, but stood immediately, and offered me her seat! I'm trying to forget about it, but my wife, ever the bearer of a figurative pitcher of cold water, and who, alas, witnessed this encounter, declines to let me! Women!!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom