Call Svetlana | The Boneyard

Call Svetlana

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
I think its Ivana Stepovaya.

Olga may be a younger sister, a tad shorter, but, a bit faster up and down the court. Older sister, Imgonna, has exhausted her eligibility, and now plays in the Mongollian League, for the Steppes Steppers.

Reaction Score
I’m relatively new to the BY, can someone fill me in on this “Stepovaya” stuff:D

Reaction Score
I’m relatively new to the BY, can someone fill me in on this “Stepovaya” stuff:D
Way back when, after Svetlana graduated, there were hot rumors that Geno was recruiting a very tall Russian player named Ivana Stepovaya. He never got her, although I think he came close to signing her cousin - a banger named Ivilla Steponya.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score

As I recall - and, older vets, please feel free to jump in - Geno actually was in the hunt for a big girl, Gillian Goring (Gillian Goring - WNBA.com - Official Site of the WNBA). Gillian ended up having a bit of a transient, "migratory" career, both college and professional, beset with promise, last-minute changes, etc.. About that time, this mythical European/Russian player appeared, to fill the unfulfilled promise of Goring, the legendary Ivana Stepovaya. She would be everything Goring should have been, and more, with Sveta's Russian mystique - Griner before Griner, with an Eastern European panache'. Alas, Ivana, like Gillian, never quite materialized, but, the legend lives on, from the Chippewa on down, of the big stud they call Step-a-ovaya...

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
As I recall - and, older vets, please feel free to jump in - Geno actually was in the hunt for a big girl, Gillian Goring (Gillian Goring - WNBA.com - Official Site of the WNBA). Gillian ended up having a bit of a transient, "migratory" career, both college and professional, beset with promise, last-minute changes, etc.. About that time, this mythical European/Russian player appeared, to fill the unfulfilled promise of Goring, the legendary Ivana Stepovaya. She would be everything Goring should have been, and more, with Sveta's Russian mystique - Griner before Griner, with an Eastern European panache'. Alas, Ivana, like Gillian, never quite materialized, but, the legend lives on, from the Chippewa on down, of the big stud they call Step-a-ovaya...
Ah, yes, the poster with the handle Wonkster found her.

Reaction Score
What about Iluv B Gonias. Any news if she is coming to America.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
Time for Geno to call Svetlana and ask who she might recommend as our next foreign recruit.
Wouldn't that be Russian interference?

Reaction Score
Maybe call Kia. Evidently she'll be involved in a Canadian AAU program in her name (Kia Nurse Elite) under Nike's sponsorship next summer. I can't find any details, just a logo and some twitter chatter, but it's apparently going to happen. Maybe there's a Canadian or two who can help.

Ds8W5bsWkAIXfcM.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom