*Call for votes*: Preseason Boneyard Top 25 Poll | The Boneyard

*Call for votes*: Preseason Boneyard Top 25 Poll

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
At long last, the time is upon us.

The offseason seemed excruciatingly long, in no small part because it was in fact so long, about 6 weeks longer than normal. But finally, the season opening is less than 2 weeks away. May the games begin (and not be further delayed or canceled :confused: ).
1578669035698.png

The voting is now open for the 2020-2021 Boneyard Top 25 (BY25) preseason poll. Ballots are due to me, via private message, by 11:00 a.m. ET on Monday, Nov. 23. (If you don't know how to send a PM, let me know in this thread and I will PM you first.)

A few rules and tips:
  • Folks from all fan bases are equally welcome and encouraged to submit a BY25 ballot. You don't have to be a UConn fan; simply have a Boneyard account.
  • Full ballots (of 25 teams) are encouraged; short ballots (of at least 10 teams) are accepted.
  • No ties are allowed on a ballot. Each team on the ballot must be assigned a unique ranking.
  • Please double-check your ballot to ensure no duplicates.
For reference, the season-ending BY25 poll from March 2020 may be found here.

Happy voting, and here's to an enjoyable and productive (and non-canceled) season.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Six ballots have already been submitted (salute to the early birds!). Deadline is one week from today.

Reaction Score
Six ballots have already been submitted (salute to the early birds!). Deadline is one week from today.
Hi Plebe, This is great! I’m new and would like to vote but I can’t find the private message. Could you send me one?

Plebe

Reaction Score
Hi Plebe, This is great! I’m new and would like to vote but I can’t find the private message. Could you send me one?
It looks like you have restricted privacy settings. Two options here:

1. To see if you can message me, click on my user name to the left of my post, and look for a "Start conversation" button. If you can see that button, go ahead and private message me that way.

2. Or, you can change your privacy settings so that I can message you. Click on your user name and avatar in the upper bar, then go to Privacy, scroll down to "Allow users to..." > "Start conversations with you:" (see screenshot below) and then select "Members only" (or, "People you follow" if you "follow" me). I suspect you currently have this setting on "Nobody."

1605653209047.png

Plebe

Reaction Score
The response so far has been great: 12 ballots have already been submitted.

The deadline to vote is now 4 days away (and we are only 6 days from the season openers!).

power to the polls gif.gif

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I’m just waiting for the shockers to start rolling out. I left some surprising teams off my ballot, and included some mysterious surprises or not so surprising teams, I suppose.

Reaction Score
Right? you can count my votes 10 times because there are 9 other people I know who feel exactly the same as I do, so hence I have 10 ballots... but sadly they are not on the BY. They just told me their votes in secret... ;)

Oh! I have thirty friends who have the same vote as me! Don’t be alarmed when you see a surprise at #1! It’s not Stanford, UConn, or South Carolina that we’re voting for, or is it?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Take a look at the link for info on private messages.

there are other links foe lessons on Boneyard features tacked to the top of the board

Plebe

Reaction Score
Actually I should have been more nuanced:

Yes, proxy ballots are allowed, but whoever delivers the proxy ballot then relinquishes the right to submit their own ballot — and only one ballot per Boneyarder. :cool:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Actually I should have been more nuanced:

Yes, proxy ballots are allowed, but whoever delivers the proxy ballot then relinquishes the right to submit their own ballot — and only one ballot per Boneyarder. :cool:

woah.gif

ok :oops:

Plebe

Reaction Score
Just a friendly reminder that we are less than 24 hours from the voting deadline (11a ET tomorrow).

Seventeen ballots are in so far.

1606063305156.png

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Plebe
Just a friendly reminder that we are less than 24 hours from the voting deadline (11a ET tomorrow).

Seventeen ballots are in so far.

View attachment 61595
Plebe, check your inbox. I still can't PM, it states that I'm not authorized.

Reaction Score
First timer participating in this poll. Just want to clarify, subsequent ballots can just be added to the already opened PM thread or does each week’s ballot require a fresh PM?

Plebe

Reaction Score
First timer participating in this poll. Just want to clarify, subsequent ballots can just be added to the already opened PM thread or does each week’s ballot require a fresh PM?
We have a lot of first-timers for this poll, I've noticed! You're in very good company :) I'm also really pleased to see quite a few non-UConn fans voting, as they help make the poll much more well-rounded.

You're free to just add to the same thread for future ballots. No need to start a new PM thread; it makes no difference either way.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I plan on waiting on voting until the next poll. I want to see some games/stats before voting.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom