Not open for further replies.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
b%C3%A9licas-platoon.jpg

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Translation: "People have been asking me why we didnt win the title with all that talent, and other coaches are recruiting against me saying recruits will only get 20MPG. I need a scapegoat so last season was 'platoon's' fault."

Reaction Score
I enjoy the line "It's amazing people could try to use that against us, but I guess you have to come up with something." about the possibility other teams are painting the situation in a negative light when going after guys who are considering Kentucky. I'm sure Cal has never used any sort of baseless BS to get a kid to stop considering another school. baseless BS like an older coach being unstable or a coach liable to head to the NBA.

I would love to watch this man experience pain

Reaction Score
Can't stand the guy as you know, but this is funny. If you didn't see this coming you just don't know the Squid.

Reaction Score
I enjoy the line "It's amazing people could try to use that against us, but I guess you have to come up with something." about the possibility other teams are painting the situation in a negative light when going after guys who are considering Kentucky. I'm sure Cal has never used any sort of baseless BS to get a kid to stop considering another school. baseless BS like an older coach being unstable or a coach liable to head to the NBA.

Yeah Cal it's easier to say "Louie Carnessecca has cancer" isn't it. Piece of

Reaction Score
So Calipari is against grad transfers and also forces his players to give him a legitimate reason for coming back to school.

Reaction Score
Cal can recruit like crazy but he can't coach for . For instance, look what Florida did last year to Shabazz in the Final Four. They doubled him at all times and he had a tough game. That's why we struggled for the first 10+ minutes. Billy Donovan tried to take our best player out of the game. That's good coaching. When we played Kentucky, Shabazz had his way and went for 20+ points. If Calipari had any coaching ability he would have focused on playing good defense on Shabazz. Just bad coaching.

Reaction Score
Cal can recruit like crazy but he can't coach for . For instance, look what Florida did last year to Shabazz in the Final Four. They doubled him at all times and he had a tough game. That's why we struggled for the first 10+ minutes. Billy Donovan tried to take our best player out of the game. That's good coaching. When we played Kentucky, Shabazz had his way and went for 20+ points. If Calipari had any coaching ability he would have focused on playing good defense on Shabazz. Just bad coaching.

What? UConn beat Florida by 10 last year and Kentucky by 6.

UConn was just better than Kentucky last year, all things considered. I don't think it was coaching.

Reaction Score
What? UConn beat Florida by 10 last year and Kentucky by 6.

UConn was just better than Kentucky last year, all things considered. I don't think it was coaching.

Yeah but if Cal focused on shutting down Shabazz, Kentucky would have won that game. Against Florida we had DeAndre step up. He had a rough game against Kentucky. If Shabazz scored 11 like he did against Florida, Kentucky would have beat us.

Reaction Score
Yeah but if Cal focused on shutting down Shabazz, Kentucky would have won that game. Against Florida we had DeAndre step up. He had a rough game against Kentucky. If Shabazz scored 11 like he did against Florida, Kentucky would have beat us.
1. If my aunt had balls she would be my uncle.
2. Taking away looks for Shabazz creates looks for teammates.
3. Shabazz was pulling up from the logo at mid court. Coaching can't defend that.

Reaction Score
Yes Cal stop Shabazz with your two slow 6'6 guards who can't defend slow guys who can't shoot, let alone a quick guard that shoots the lights out from anywhere inside half court. I agree that Cal isn't a great in game coach but "not focusing on shutting down Shabazz" had nothing to do with us beating them in the NC last year.

Reaction Score
What he is saying is that his way doesn't work and he is going to do it the Jim Calhoun way.

Unfortunately for him he is no Jim Calhoun.

Reaction Score
UConn coaching philosophy is the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. And, the UConn parts all fit nicely together.

Coach Cal and UK team need to figure out how to build a championship team and not just assemble the most top 10 or McD players. They get too many parts that don't work together.

When was the last time UK had a player like Niels Giffey or Lasan Kromah or any of our other great role/clutch players?

Reaction Score

You mean go all John Chaney on him....?

Reaction Score

Bazz made like 4 contested 25 footers. There's nothing you can do to stop that. He's just that good. You tip your cap and you move on.

Reaction Score
UConn coaching philosophy is the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. And, the UConn parts all fit nicely together.

Coach Cal and UK team need to figure out how to build a championship team and not just assemble the most top 10 or McD players. They get too many parts that don't work together.

When was the last time UK had a player like Niels Giffey or Lasan Kromah or any of our other great role/clutch players?

Darius Miller? 2012 NCAA champs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky