Calhoun's swagger is at an all-time high. | The Boneyard

Calhoun's swagger is at an all-time high.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MTHusky

UCONN Grad class of 1970, living in Brookings OR
Reaction Score
"I'd face any challenge. Anywhere," Calhoun said. "Line 'em up and let's play them. I'd be excited by it."

Love this quote from JC!!

Reaction Score
"I'd face any challenge. Anywhere," Calhoun said. "Line 'em up and let's play them. I'd be excited by it."@mthusky--I agree great quote

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
Hehehehe.. any idea anyone had that a move to the ACC might shorten his career is now completely gone.

Reaction Score
Love it. Not sure how this is going to play out, but I love seeing JC energized and ready to take on the world, as usual.

Reaction Score
The thought of going one on one with Coach K and Crying Roy could keep JC in the fold well beyond his current contact :D

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
The only quibble with the article is that JC would have stated the same thing a year ago. He never has backed down from a challenge.

And for the record JC has always placed UConn above everything else. He left over 2.75 million in 2001 to stay at UConn. He was forward thinking and supported and promoted UConn's change to Division 1A.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
The thought of going one on one with Coach K and Crying Roy could keep JC in the fold well beyond his current contact :D

As I said on another thread, JC will steward the ship through troubled waters until there is clear sailing ahead. Then hand it over to the new HC (Ollie)

He cares more about the legacy of this program than anything else. He won't ride off into the sunset with uncertainty in our future.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I like this because it doesn't make it sound like UConn is begging (although, frankly, they should be)

Can you imagine how untenable our position would have been were this to have happened immediately post 2010? We might have been sunk. Now at least we are still holding on.

Reaction Score
Can you imagine how untenable would our position to have been were this to have happened immediately post 2010? We might have been sunk. Now at least we are still holding on.

Good point. A BCS bowl appearance and a men's national title definitely help UConn in this situation.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Good point. A BCS bowl appearance and a men's national title definitely help UConn in this situation.

Except for my use of the English language....

Fixed, but also preserved for posterity in you post.

Reaction Score
Hehehehe.. any idea anyone had that a move to the ACC might shorten his career is now completely gone.
Calhoun is simply playing politics. He is 1 of the "Big Three" @ UConn and has strategically come forward with a statement promoting UConn in its attempts to move on to the ACC. He won't be around to coach in the ACC when it comes to fruition. Dana O'Neils article @ ESPN was on point regarding the realignment issues.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Calhoun is simply playing politics. He is 1 of the "Big Three" @ UConn and has strategically come forward with a statement promoting UConn in its attempts to move on to the ACC. He won't be around to coach in the ACC when it comes to fruition. Dana O'Neils article @ ESPN was on point regarding the realignment issues.

But this counteracts everything JC has ever said and done regarding his program. There is no way he leaves the future of his program up to fate. Not in his DNA.

All JC needs is a fight. Show him a fight and the churlish old Irishman is coming out of his corner swinging.

Reaction Score
JC will continue to coach as long as he is healthy and having fun. If we add a few more high quality parts next year to replace whomever we lose to the NBA next year I can not see JC walking away from a team that could make the FF.

Reaction Score
Yeah just popped out...and I thought I lost that grey matter in the sixties. Whew knew;)

Reaction Score
I wonder if Ralph Willard read this quote?
Oh dear I don't want to play Wholley Kross!!! God froggy, do you ever live in the past!!!
2 Questions froggy, First how many championships has Calhoun won??? I'll give you a hint, it's more than two......
Second, with all these changes in the conference realignment, where does UMass stand?

Reaction Score
Is there anyone more dumb than Crunchy Toad? Why would a team of UConn's caliber ever want to play teams of the caliber of Holy Cross or UMess? There is nothing to be gained. And if they lose, there is something which is lost. You see, it only makes sense to risk losing to teams that are of a high caliber and from whom the loss can bring something of value like learning something about how your team does against the best. Losing to teams that play trick defenses or pull out some sort of bizarre offensive scheme to win one big game doesn't teach you much about your team. Calhoun schedules cupcakes that are used as glorified practice teams and he schedules great teams that are used to test him team. It makes no sense to deviate from that. Tough if the whiners in MA don't like it.

Reaction Score
"I'd face any challenge. Anywhere," Calhoun said. "Line 'em up and let's play them. I'd be excited by it."@mthusky--I agree great quote

This whole article gave me the impression that Calhoun is very confident about being in the ACC in short measure. Assuming that he is in "the know", you gotta love this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom