Calhoun St. Joe's Tickets | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Calhoun St. Joe's Tickets

Reaction Score
Lots of D3 kids have pro careers in Europe. With there hardly being any D2 schools left, D3 has a lot of decent talent. The experience at any game is totally dependent on the score and the crowd. St Joe’s should have a following with JC, so the games should be fun to attend.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I so look forward to the reviews of D3 games. They are stick a fork in your eye boring.

I had a blast watching the games when I was in the WestConn pep band. That's probably mostly because it was quiet enough that we could openly harass the opposing players until one of them flipped us off.

Actually, in the conference finals we ended up winning in triple OT against Plymouth State. Their guard scored something like 60 points in the game, and we ended up hitting 3s to tie the game at the end of regulation and again in one of the overtimes. That game was a lot of fun.

C

Chief00

Someone should ask Calhoun if he has mellowed on the sideline LOL!

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
Don’t know. I’m gonna keep checking also.
I think you just buy a ticket when you get there. IIRC, when I was a student at Bestconn, other student athletes got in free and everybody else paid like $2-5 or something like that. This was back in 2011, so could be different, but I can't see getting tickets an issue.

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score
I think you just buy a ticket when you get there. IIRC, when I was a student at Bestconn, other student athletes got in free and everybody else paid like $2-5 or something like that. This was back in 2011, so could be different, but I can't see getting tickets an issue.

I’m an alumnus as well. If they still play at the small midtown gym that could sell out quick. I’ll get there early, Buy a ticket and go to TK’s til game time.

crazyUCfan23

Reaction Score
I’m an alumnus as well. If they still play at the small midtown gym that could sell out quick. I’ll get there early, Buy a ticket and go to TK’s til game time.
I'm actually a UConn alumnus; only went to Bestconn for my freshman year. but are you serious about playing games in the Midtown gym? LOL they play games on Westside.

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score
I'm actually a UConn alumnus; only went to Bestconn for my freshman year. but are you serious about playing games in the Midtown gym? LOL they play games on Westside.

That’s New to me. Yeah, I was there right after coach Paul Pasqualoni left. I’m an OG. That was the late 80’s. They played the Basketball games at
Midtown. Lol

crazyUCfan23

Reaction Score
That’s New to me. Yeah, I was there right after coach Paul Pasqualoni left. I’m an OG. That was the late 80’s. They played the Basketball games at
Midtown. Lol
Hahah I used to have lacrosse practice in there when it snowed. Place is absolutely gross

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

God I miss TK's. After I turned 21 I went there and was so excited to order a pitcher of Spaten Oktoberfest that I could drink straight from the pitcher. Unfortunately I made the mistake of saying that out loud, and they wouldn't give me my own pitcher. Sad.

crazyUCfan23

Reaction Score
God I miss TK's. After I turned 21 I went there and was so excited to order a pitcher of Spaten Oktoberfest that I could drink straight from the pitcher. Unfortunately I made the mistake of saying that out loud, and they wouldn't give me my own pitcher. Sad.
haha TK's is good and always has good deals for UConn games during basketball season.

Reaction Score
We have gone over this before on The Boneyard, but I am a defender of D3 Basketball...There are many strong teams, and a lot of them are in New England. Yes, some teams suck as well but it is much better intramural or public high school ball which it sometimes gets compared to. The best D3 teams can compete with low D1 teams and many D3 teams would beat average D2 teams. I don't remember the prices for games when I played but I believe they could be around $10 or more at tournament time. There is more drinking at the D3 level.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We have gone over this before on The Boneyard, but I am a defender of D3 Basketball...There are many strong teams, and a lot of them are in New England. Yes, some teams suck as well but it is much better intramural or public high school ball which it sometimes gets compared to. The best D3 teams can compete with low D1 teams and many D3 teams would beat average D2 teams. I don't remember the prices for games when I played but I believe they could be around $10 or more at tournament time.

Yeah, deep doesn't know what hes talking about. VERY good CCC players are.going onto good d3 rosters

Reaction Score
Yeah, deep doesn't know what hes talking about. VERY good CCC players are.going onto good d3 rosters

a) I love Jim Calhoun. I've been fortunate enough to talk to him one on one about our similar upbringings and what impact he's had on me as a person before.

b) That being said, I wouldn't sit there and watch him ride around his yard mowing his lawn.

c) St Joe's didn't even have male students 3 years ago. Let's stop comparing their current roster to a D3 program that is in the top 1% of a huge pool of mediocrity.

Anyone who'd advance buy tickets to these games is an irrational leg humper. And that's fine....just admit it.

Reaction Score
a) I love Jim Calhoun. I've been fortunate enough to talk to him one on one about our similar upbringings and what impact he's had on me as a person before.

b) That being said, I wouldn't sit there and watch him ride around his yard mowing his lawn.

c) St Joe's didn't even have male students 3 years ago. Let's stop comparing their current roster to a D3 program that is in the top 1% of a huge pool of mediocrity.

Anyone who'd advance buy tickets to these games is an irrational leg humper. And that's fine....just admit it.

You are a very unpleasant human being.

Reaction Score
I’m betting a lot of you have never seen an average division 3 game. Go down to your local high schools open gym on a Tuesday night. It’s a tick better than that.
Either you are joking or you have no clue. I go to D3 games and while the talent is not D1, these kids are very good and they play for the love of the game.

Reaction Score
Either you are joking or you have no clue. I go to D3 games and while the talent is not D1, these kids are very good and they play for the love of the game.

I’m not joking. One of my best friends was in the D3 Sweet 16 for two straight years. When we’d all run pickup games in the summer he wasn’t ever clear and away the best player on the court.

I get it. You love Calhoun. But let’s not make it seem like watching him coach at St Joes is a gift.

Reaction Score
I’m not joking. One of my best friends was in the D3 Sweet 16 for two straight years. When we’d all run pickup games in the summer he wasn’t ever clear and away the best player on the court.

I get it. You love Calhoun. But let’s not make it seem like watching him coach at St Joes is a gift.

David O would never be considered the best player in any decent pick up game. In fact, he was probably the worst player at the Hartford Pro Am. But he played for uconn lol doesn’t mean D1 is bad

Reaction Score
I’m betting a lot of you have never seen an average division 3 game. Go down to your local high schools open gym on a Tuesday night. It’s a tick better than that.

I haven't - but I have seen D3 x-country races - and the fact that I would not come in last in some of the races that I've seen tells me that what you are saying is probably true ;)

Reaction Score
I mean, really? Are they that starved for quality programming? Who would buy advertising time during that? Seems silly.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Now this is hilarious. A 50k clear channel am signal blasting D3 basketball into Ontario.

Is there a worse place to be a sports fan than CT?
This has got to be a joke. Calhoun's a great coach, but I went to the games to watch the team play, not him yell at people. Get a grip people.

Reaction Score
Now this is hilarious. A 50k watt clear channel am signal blasting D3 basketball into Ontario.

Is there a worse place to be a sports fan than CT?

Wow. I guess the only thing worse than watching one of these games is sitting next to a radio listening to one.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom