Cal v ASU | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Cal v ASU

Reaction Score
Probably true, but a bad loss nonetheless. Plebe can probably project fairly accurately for us, but I would estimate at least a one seed decrease for an ASU team that was looking to improve its resume and had a great opportunity to do so in Vegas.
As long as they don't drop to 8 they'll be fine as other than the top 3, I think the rest are beatable. I am expecting the PAC12 to play above their seeding as they've done the last several years. ASU and UCLA didn't host last year, but made it to the sweet 16.

Reaction Score
AZFan,
I noticed a significant decrease in the quantity of your posts during the second half. Take some solace in the reality that your team will be better rested for the NCAA tourney. OSU exited the conference tourney early the past two seasons, but then went 5-2 combined in the NCAA Tournament those two years.
I appreciate the comment and analysis as well as your kind sentiment. I was unbelievably overwhelmed at the collapse. So unlike the team.

As I struggled to put the loss and my reaction into perspective I thought about the Huskies. The culture that Geno has established in Storrs is beyond inspirational. Baring a really bizarre outcome Huskies should have I think their 15th consecutive 30 winseason

By comparison ASU has never had a 30 win season. They have a very successful program and one that I have really enjoyed supporting over the years.

When I read some of the reaction of BYers to the current Huskie year I will admit to being a tad confused. The Huskies are wildly successful this year as they have been over the past two decades.

Just as I mentally have urged BYers to maintain perspective I too need to find perspective after the first round loss.

Thank you for your kind post it really was helpful.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
I appreciate the comment and analysis as well as your kind sentiment. I was unbelievably overwhelmed at the collapse. So unlike the team.

As I struggled to put the loss and my reaction into perspective I thought about the Huskies. The culture that Geno has established in Storrs is beyond inspirational. Baring a really bizarre outcome Huskies should have I think their 15th consecutive 30 winseason

By comparison ASU has never had a 30 win season. They have a very successful program and one that I have really enjoyed supporting over the years.

When I read some of the reaction of BYers to the current Huskie year I will admit to being a tad confused. The Huskies are wildly successful this year as they have been over the past two decades.

Just as I mentally have urged BYers to maintain perspective I too need to find perspective after the first round loss.

Thank you for your kind post it really was helpful.
The glass half full is that they have extra time to rest and they were unlikely to get a Top 16 seed and host unless they won the PAC-12 outright (which was highly improbable). Now CTT will do what she's done so many times in the past: take her team on the road and look to spoil some higher seed's march! Full sail ahead, ASU!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog
Top Bottom