Cal v ASU | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Cal v ASU

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Total phantom call there. As usual, Pac 12 refs suck.
That was a terrible call. From his angle couldn’t see the space between defender and shooter.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
3 point game and ASU possession again. Reviewing a play, looked like an inadvertent elbow by a Cal player. ASU could still pull this one out.

That previous trip to the FT line was an egregious blown call. There was literally no contact, about a foot of separation between the shooter and the defender. You just can't blow a call that badly at such a critical juncture of the game.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Intentional foul on Cal. I don't agree with that one. ASU is gonna win, nice assist from the refs.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Intentional foul on Cal. I don't agree with that one. ASU is gonna win, nice assist from the refs.
Can’t throw an elbow knowing it’s likely to hit a face. That is not a bad call.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Another huge call coming up. Offensive foul on Tapley but looks like Brown's heel was inside the arc, reviewing it, probably gonna reverse it. Would be 5th foul on Brown.

Huh, they didn't change it. Not sure what they saw, part of her foot was in the circle.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Can’t throw an elbow knowing it’s likely to hit a face. That is not a bad call.

That didn't look like a normal follow thru to you? I miss the old days, when a defender was up in your jersey, they were gonna get an elbow to clear them out of the way.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Another huge call coming up. Offensive foul on Tapley but looks like Brown's heel was inside the arc, reviewing it, probably gonna reverse it. Would be 5th foul on Brown.

Huh, they didn't change it. Not sure what they saw, part of her foot was in the circle.
I could see the foot in the arc from where I was sitting. Not sure how that doesn’t get reversed

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
That kinda looked like a phantom call in Cal's favor. Hit 1 of 2 FTs. 67-65 Cal 31 seconds left.

Plebe

Reaction Score
That didn't look like a normal follow thru to you? I miss the old days, when a defender was up in your jersey, they were gonna get an elbow to clear them out of the way.
Please. If ASU threw an elbow like that you’d be talking about what a dirty team they are.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I could see the foot in the arc from where I was sitting. Not sure how that doesn’t get reversed

I told ya the refs suck, just now both teams are getting some benefit and some getting hosed by it. :rolleyes:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Richardson has hit plenty of clutch shots in her career, but just missed 2 clean looks from 3 on that possession.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
West w/ a pair of FTs, 69-65 Cal w/ 13.8 sec left.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Richardson has hit plenty of clutch shots in her career, but just missed 2 clean looks from 3 on that possession.
Brutal. Missed two open 3s that would’ve given them the lead. Now they foul and West hits both. That should be game. ASU out of timeouts.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Cal is really a befuddling team. They clearly have talent and they have some experienced pieces in Brown and West. Really no reason for them to have had the kind of season they had.

Lots of upsets in these early rounds of conference tournaments.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
There's no way the next game starts on time (2 pm).

Well the first game just ended at 2. Second game will be almost 30 minutes behind schedule.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Cal vs. Arizona again. Do Cats bounce back or are the Bears on a roll now?

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Ashley Adamson, Elise Woodward and Ros Gold-Onwude...:)

Plebe

Reaction Score
Cal vs. Arizona again. Do Cats bounce back or are the Bears on a roll now?
Arizona will be motivated. They’ll take it easily.

Reaction Score
Cal is really a befuddling team. They clearly have talent and they have some experienced pieces in Brown and West. Really no reason for them to have had the kind of season they had.
Really? The talent besides Brown that Cal has is youthful and prone to mistakes. There are plenty of reasons why Cal finished 3-15 in conference, namely Oregon, Stanford, UCLA, and Oregon State. Lack of mobile size is another problem for Cal.

ASU is challenged offensively and is capable of blowing a 15-point lead to the worst team in the conference on a neutral court. Richardson may have hit a number of clutch shots during her career, but she really isn't a good shooter from the field and her stats reflect that.

Reaction Score
Complete collapse by the Devils in the third quarter. Credit Cal's press and aggressiveness and getting to the free throw line. This reminds me so much of the Colorado game.
AZFan,
I noticed a significant decrease in the quantity of your posts during the second half. Take some solace in the reality that your team will be better rested for the NCAA tourney. OSU exited the conference tourney early the past two seasons, but then went 5-2 combined in the NCAA Tournament those two years.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Really? The talent besides Brown that Cal has is youthful and prone to mistakes. There are plenty of reasons why Cal finished 3-15 in conference, namely Oregon, Stanford, UCLA, and Oregon State. Lack of mobile size is another problem for Cal.

ASU is challenged offensively and is capable of blowing a 15-point lead to the worst team in the conference on a neutral court. Richardson may have hit a number of clutch shots during her career, but she really isn't a good shooter from the field and her stats reflect that.
As my be about ASU, but I can tell you that there was an article in the local (Tucson) paper this morning (pre-tourney), and yes, while the U of A angle was the whole point, from reading CTT's comments there is almost no doubt that ASU was looking ahead to avenging the 2 losses to UofA. I am 100% certain that this was a factor, based on the article.

Reaction Score
As my be about ASU, but I can tell you that there was an article in the local (Tucson) paper this morning (pre-tourney), and yes, while the U of A angle was the whole point, from reading CTT's comments there is almost no doubt that ASU was looking ahead to avenging the 2 losses to UofA. I am 100% certain that this was a factor, based on the article.
Probably true, but a bad loss nonetheless. Plebe can probably project fairly accurately for us, but I would estimate at least a one seed decrease for an ASU team that was looking to improve its resume and had a great opportunity to do so in Vegas.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom