Not open for further replies.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Nice beat... can be Timberland or Rick Rubin. I'd like to hear more of it

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Well, when the circus is coming to town, best to say you are going to face the beast rather already accept that you are the entrée......Should be a good atmosphere for all...bet there will be some National Flag blue in the crowd!

Reaction Score
The title and the music sounded like a bunch of noise to me.

Brings back bad memories of Lou Reed's Metal Machine Music.....I won't post a sample because I would not do that to my fellow Boneyarders. Check it out at your own risk. :)

Reaction Score
It will be their largest crowd ever to see a WCBB game at UC Davis...........Usually the home team is so jacked up they cannot make a basket for 10 minutes and by that time UCONN is up by 40...........UCONN across the chest frightens most WCBB teams.............

Reaction Score
Good for them. Rev up the fan base, pack the house, make a lot of noise.

Then reality will set in. The Beast from the East is in the house!

It will be good for the freshmen to know that this is what it means to be the best. You are a target. The vets know that opponents have the UConn game circled on their schedules and have experience with it.

Reaction Score
Geno has said many times that some teams have lost the game before they even get on the floor with UConn. That's bad for the Huskies and bad for the game. Nice to see that UC-Davis does not appear to be such a team.

Reaction Score
It should be a great atmosphere for the first two games. What could be be a
better way to kick off the season? The Freshman will find out fast what it
means to have "UCONN" on the front of their jerseys. This will really be
a great start to the WBB season.

Reaction Score
Hey, good for them. One should NEVER go into a contest expecting to lose. It's the start of a brand new season, and everyone is 0-0. Other teams have given us fits before, and, this appears to be an experienced team.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I agree good for them. Admire the pluck and attitude they have entering the game. I know they won't want to hear this but keeping the beatdown to under 40 will be a huge accomplishment for them if they are able to do so.

HGN

Reaction Score
I liked the video........UC-Davis is showing confidence. Good for them. After all , the game is on their court...In their house. Why not be confident?

A game like this is good for both UC-Davis AND for UConn freshmen. UC-Davis can use it as a measuring stick to see where they are early.....While the UConn freshmen will get a chance to see what its like to ALWAYS be the hunted. To have a packed house rooting against them. Why they must always be ready. Always have that edge and chip on their shoulder. Always ready for the next 'hunter' who wants to take a shot at taking them down.

Geno will get a chance to see which player is Ready for the challenges of being a Husky. Of being the hunted.

Reaction Score
It will be their largest crowd ever to see a WCBB game at UC Davis......Usually the home team is so jacked up they cannot make a basket for 10 minutes and by that time UCONN is up by 40......UCONN across the chest frightens most WCBB teams...
It could be the largest crowd to see a Men's or Women's basketball game at UC Davis , the record attendance is 7,926

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
UC Davis should be confident! They were putting a serious smack down on Uconn last year on our home court before a late rally headed by our great guard play brought us back! Admittedly we pulled away in the second half (OK, actually the last 36 minutes) and the final score was a comfortable win, but ...
:cool::rolleyes:

Reaction Score
UC Davis should be confident! They were putting a serious smack down on Uconn last year on our home court before a late rally headed by our great guard play brought us back! Admittedly we pulled away in the second half (OK, actually the last 36 minutes) and the final score was a comfortable win, but ...
:cool::rolleyes:

HaHa. I made that game last year, and aside from the first 5 minutes at the XL when both teams started slowly, it was a total obliteration. Particularly considering that KML did not play, Stokes did not play, BBanks started, Pulido, Lawlor and Chong each played lots of minutes, and it was like a 50 point rout by half. I really hope they give us a better game Friday. I don't think they will.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Nice hype video for fans of UC Davis, but UCONN will score more in the first 12 minutes than they will score all game. My opinion of course ;).

Reaction Score
I agree good for them. Admire the pluck and attitude they have entering the game. I know they won't want to hear this but keeping the beatdown to under 40 will be a huge accomplishment for them if they are able to do so.

'Pluck' - love that word. It's flattering to UConn's program the lengths some schools will go to, to memorialize in a creative video their own impending doom.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Every team needs a Dream and that's a Big One. When I think about it if all teams did this when playing big games they actually might make some money.

Gate81

'Gate Grad Likes Cardinal & UConn Best
Reaction Score
The four letters of beat are not in the same color: the message may be Be At UConn (game).

Reaction Score
Like the first fight on "here Comes the BOOM." ...Psych..... Took Kevin james out on a stretcher! LOL :p

Reaction Score
Never heard this used as a reference to the UConn Women:
"Although UC Davis suffered a similar fate at the hands of the Huskies last season as many teams have during their dynastic run, the Aggies never shied away from the challenge of meeting the "queens of the court" on their home floor, standing as one of a handful of teams at the time to even hold a lead against UConn during its run to the national title."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom