Caitlin Clark wins Dawn Staley Award (merged thread) | The Boneyard

Caitlin Clark wins Dawn Staley Award (merged thread)

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score

Rhyne Howard - University of Kentucky
Paige Bueckers - University of Connecticut
Dana Evans - University of Louisville
Caitlin Clark - University of Iowa
Arella Guirantes - Rutgers University

I don't see Paige winning, probably Dana Evans or Rhyne Howard will win.

Reaction Score
Does anyone know who is on the committee that votes for the finalists.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Don't know and in prior years, I haven't been able to find out. Perhaps if you send an email they would let you know.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Yeah, maybe it's time to let someone else win, but ... you going to bet against her?

Reaction Score
These awards are a bit disconnected. If you're the POY as a guard, aren't you also the best guard? If there's a better guard, you're not the POY.
Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn who wins these things. But the concept of spreading awards around only makes sense if the awards wind up in the hands of the best player at her position. The value of the award is diminished if anyone but PB wins it--nothing else is logical.
Oh, and I still care mucho mas about the NC. Can't share that.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
These awards are a bit disconnected. If you're the POY as a guard, aren't you also the best guard? If there's a better guard, you're not the POY.
Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn who wins these things. But the concept of spreading awards around only makes sense if the awards wind up in the hands of the best player at her position. The value of the award is diminished if anyone but PB wins it--nothing else is logical.
Oh, and I still care mucho mas about the NC. Can't share that.

I have also found it interesting. Paige is AP player of the year, but she and Clark WBCA CO-freshmen of the year. Paige is first-team AP all-American, Caitlin is second-team, Caitlin wins the Dawn Staley award.

But I don't think these seeming contradictions in the awards diminish them at all. They're different committees, possibly with different ordering of criteria. The evaluations are all subjective.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I have also found it interesting. Paige is AP player of the year, but she and Clark WBCA CO-freshmen of the year. Paige is first-team AP all-American, Caitlin is second-team, Caitlin wins the Dawn Staley award.

But I don't think these seeming contradictions in the awards diminish them at all. They're different committees, possibly with different ordering of criteria. The evaluations are all subjective.
and doesn't the voting end prior to the announcements of any of the main awards?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom