Caitlin Clark wins Dawn Staley Award (merged thread) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Caitlin Clark wins Dawn Staley Award (merged thread)

Reaction Score
if you were to ask PB I'm sure she would say that the only award that matters is the National Championship
Maybe... but she did get a little verklempt in the video from this past Monday when she got the AP player of the year award.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Maybe... but she did get a little verklempt in the video from this past Monday when she got the AP player of the year award.
true but I think she would be happy to hand it back if she could have the NC trophy instead......

Reaction Score
It's fine with me - she's a very deserving player.

There's really only one more thing I want to see them bring home....?

Reaction Score
Wonderful word choice, Jackalope. So much of Yiddish has entered the American language, and here you are adding another useful and popular term.
PS/Verklempt means getting very emotional.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Good. Could you imagine the caterwauling if Paige won them all?

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Congrat's Caitlin, well deserved; great season! I look forward to 3 more years of PB and CC magic on the hardwood.
I love this country. Congratulations Caitlin. Look out world basketball, we're coming for you.

Reaction Score
I’m not sure that (“Paige-lite”) is a fair statement. Caitlin is a fabulous player, just different from Paige. I’m sure Paige is thrilled for her friend.
I think Paige is more than just different, she is better in many key stats, and deserves the award more. She leads Clark by a lot in many statistical areas. In assist to turner over ratio Bueckers is #30 (not bad for a freshman) while Clark is #151. On field goal percentage Bueckers is #31 while Clark is again well back in the pack at #101. I like Clark but come on.

you can find these and other stats at...........

Last edited:

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Zero shade toward Clark since she's been spectacular but this award seems like a joke to me.

Kelsey Mitchell and Asia Durr are winners despite never being point guards, Sims won while playing SG, and Harris won it last year over Ionescu which made zero sense IMO.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I’m not sure that (“Paige-lite”) is a fair statement. Caitlin is a fabulous player, just different from Paige. I’m sure Paige is thrilled for her friend.
Not all that different. Both can score and can dish.

Thought for the day: Can you be a once in a lifetime player if there are two of you?

Mark Wahlberg Reaction GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Reaction Score
happy for Caitlin, but does not make sense fir any guard to win any national player of the year award over the NPOY. Of course it the national team championship award that matters most. May Paige take our Huskies s there!

Reaction Score
We will be watching CC and Paige together on Team USA for a long, long time.

Reaction Score
IMO they have gone overboard with all these awards! Just start handing out partipation trophies. Imagine if the CFB handed out rewards for each position.

Reaction Score
Zero shade toward Clark since she's been spectacular but this award seems like a joke to me.

Kelsey Mitchell and Asia Durr are winners despite never being point guards, Sims won while playing SG, and Harris won it last year over Ionescu which made zero sense IMO.
Right well it's not a point guard award so zero shade to you but I don't know what you're talking about.

Reaction Score
Do they really! They give out 33 awards for offense, defense and special teams! For each position. Maybe comprehend what I wrote.
Close enough. Sorry your team lost.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Right well it's not a point guard award so zero shade to you but I don't know what you're talking about.
Fair, I just checked and it's best all around guard. I thought it was a PG award.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom