Caitlin Clark discussing a potential matchup against UConn and Paige | The Boneyard

Caitlin Clark discussing a potential matchup against UConn and Paige

Reaction Score
Actually she largely ducks discussing a potential matchup against UConn and her pal Paige. You want to dislike her for having the audacity to challenge Paige
for FPOY and maybe even NPOY--but she seems likeable and well-spoken in her interviews (and demonstrated great judgement in decommitting from Notre Dame at the last minute :))

Coach Lisa Bluder @ 5:49-6:15
Caitlin @ 15:40-16:15

Last edited:
Reaction Score
She is indeed likeable and well-spoken - - - and VERY good !! I’ve seen them play 6/7 times and they seem to be a little better each time. They have a multitude of 3-pt. shooters and a solid inside game. If we do play them, it will be interesting, but I think we have a better overall team and depth, and can play any kind of game Iowa wants.

Reaction Score
Last edited:
Reaction Score
bloor-Thanks for changing the title. Phew, you had me worried (not really) bring ‘em on.....oh yeah, they have to get there first. Sunday can’t come soon enough! Pizza, Guinness and The Big Dance! Hooray!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Does anyone know when Caitlin demmitted to ND...pre MM step down?
Just tried looking it up, it doesn’t look like she ever committed to ND. They were in her top 3 but I couldn’t find anything on a commitment or otherwise

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Very well spoken, respectful kid. Had very mature answers for a freshman, hard to hate the enemy when she’s so likable
We might get a little more spice around this matchup since the 4 Naismith Finalists will be announced March 19 and if Paige is on the list (which seems a no brainer) but Caitlin is not, that might stir the pot.

Reaction Score
After the Massacre at the Big Ten Corral by Maryland, you have to wonder how Iowa fancies itself ready to go. If basketball were a stand-alone activity, the "rivalry" between Slim and Clark might make sense. As bb is a team sport, what one player does rarely determines a game's outcome. We're way too fixated on individual awards; eyes on the real prize, the NC. Betcha the players would say the same.

Reaction Score
You’re not as funny as you think you are
yikes--thanks for changing the subject line. It seemed funny when I posted it late last night, decidedly less so this morning. Your criticism is duly noted.

Reaction Score
Just tried looking it up, it doesn’t look like she ever committed to ND. They were in her top 3 but I couldn’t find anything on a commitment or otherwise
Have a look at NDNation, McGraw's Bench--scroll back a couple of pages for a discussion of her supposed commitment to ND.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
After the Massacre at the Big Ten Corral by Maryland, you have to wonder how Iowa fancies itself ready to go. If basketball were a stand-alone activity, the "rivalry" between Slim and Clark might make sense. As bb is a team sport, what one player does rarely determines a game's outcome. We're way too fixated on individual awards; eyes on the real prize, the NC. Betcha the players would say the same.
Not so much for us, but the UConn haters will call bias if Paige wins the FOY because she plays for UConn. Whether we like it or not, people will be comparing them. I just hope the game doesn't come about.

Reaction Score
Paige has always had the upper-hand in this heated rivalry, which goes back years.

Reaction Score
I don't buy into all the hype. These young ladies are friends and Paige was hyped for Caitlin on Twitter and Insta when she committed to Iowa. Everything else is just created by the media and fans...
Agree, but then all things Bueckers are hyped here to say the least. The young lady seems way more grounded than many posters here.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom