c7 reaching out to Memphis... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

c7 reaching out to Memphis...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Why are you blaming the victims here? We didn't get an invitation. We can't force anyone to send one. End of story for most people.
We will never know what conversations took place at any time with the ACC. We do know the leadership was filled with "quiet confidence" while hanging out in the tropics. We are not victims, we failed to make something happen.

Reaction Score
We will never know what conversations took place at any time with the ACC. We do know the leadership was filled with "quiet confidence" while hanging out in the tropics. We are not victims, we failed to make something happen.

Ref: Hathaway being fired for not acting on the ACC. As much as I dislike Hathaway, what I heard was that Hathaway basically lied to Herbst over fundraising progress. But I suppose your theory is possible.

Reaction Score
As much as it shames me, I was rooting for BC in the F8 against Memphis, and BC should have won that game.

Different times, different circumstances. Plus most of us were a little crazy back then.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

There was no 'initial interest' on behalf of the ACC when they invited Pitt and Syracuse - after the disaster in 2003, the ACC haggled out their targets internally and then approached SU/Pitt. They were never in touch with UConn.

Hathaway was fired because fund raising was lagging and the athletic department was a war zone.

As for the 'quiet confidence', that's fiction.

Reaction Score
If that Philadelphia report is true, that the C7 are open to schools with football programs you would have to think UMASS is a potential target for them.

So here is a hypothetical question for UCONN fans, would you rather see UMASS in our league as a full member or see them in the hoops league with the C7? Which scenario is less painful?

Everyone who is worried about our hoops program in the NBE should be advocating the addition of UMASS to our league, they would give the conference hoops schedule some much needed juice. Tulsa provides nothing.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
So here is a hypothetical question for UCONN fans, would you rather see UMASS in our league as a full member or see them in the hoops league with the C7? Which scenario is less painful?.

This a variation of the old "lethal injection or the firing squad" question? Or is it the "public hanging or the guillotine" question? Maybe the "Old Sparky or Russian Roulette with 6 bullets" dilemma.

Reaction Score
Umass in the NBE provides juice? They are creeping closer and closer to 20 years since their last NCAA Tournament. Umass does nothing but annoy us. Tulsa does nothing for us as well.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Wow a Mott the Hoople reference... I guess I`m not so old after all. Thanks for that.

I guess we are "all the young dudes"

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
Umass does nothing but annoy us.

So you admit they are a rival because that's what rivals do, they annoy each other. Syracuse annoys us, Rutgers annoys us, BC annoys us, and as you said UMASS annoys us.

I agree with you.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
There was no 'initial interest' on behalf of the ACC when they invited Pitt and Syracuse - after the disaster in 2003, the ACC haggled out their targets internally and then approached SU/Pitt. They were never in touch with UConn.

Hathaway was fired because fund raising was lagging and the athletic department was a war zone.

As for the 'quiet confidence', that's fiction.
You're no fun.

Reaction Score
So you admit they are a rival because that's what rivals do, they annoy each other. Syracuse annoys us, Rutgers annoys us, BC annoys us, and as you said UMASS annoys us.

I agree with you.

You didnt address the first part - how does a program who hasnt been to an NCAA Tournament in almost 20 years add juice to the NBE?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
You're no fun.

You need to throw in more flare.

I wouldn't have bothered you if you had said you thought Hathaway was fired because Herbst caught him balls' deep in one of the Dairy Barn cows.

Reaction Score
Maybe since this conference has gone so far downhill with Memphis and Tulane, we should just say screw it and go full skank with UMass. It would save us money in travel costs.

Reaction Score
You need to throw in more flare.

I wouldn't have bothered you if you had said you thought Hathaway was fired because Herbst caught him balls' deep in one of the Dairy Barn cows.

Metaphorically speaking, that's exactly what he was doing to UConn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom