C. Williams wins the Naismith! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

C. Williams wins the Naismith!

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I think you're dead wrong. For the truly great WCBB players the legend begins the minute they commit.
Some sooner.

Reaction Score
Anyone know how the game is going goin,? box score or Video anywhere?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
We're New Englanders. This is not the land of milk and honey. We're cold much of the year. We're snowed in. We get bad storms. We're coming from tough land and strict religion. Gnawing on bones of trouble and disaster is what we do!

Wouldn't be New England if we didn't!

Hey man, I get it. And just when everyone thought the daffodils and crocuses were just a few days awyay along came 8-12 inches, right? And this is the region of Cotton Mather and the Salem Witch trials. I agree. It is part of who we are and honestly, for the most part, come by. (I need Kib on that!)

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

"The 5-foot-11 Williams entered the Arkansas 4A championship game against Riverview with averages of 26.4 points, 10.4 rebounds, 2.9 assists, 1.8 steals and 1.3 blocked shots per game. She has scored in double figures in every game as a senior. In the postseason, her numbers have jumped to 31.1 points, 14.1 rebounds, 3 assists, 1.6 steals and 1.3 blocks per contest including averages of 37 points, 16.3 rebounds and 2.7 assists in the state tournament as she increased her totals to 45 games with at least 30 points and eight 40-point efforts."

Model of consistency @Sluconn Husky .

PS. Many thanks for all you give us every day 0n the recruits. Just super and herculean Slu.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
CWill started her high school career with something like 35 and 15 in her first game. Pre-legendary.
Sort of a prequel to a legend. At that early stage perhaps more of a yarn, or a tale. En route to legend status.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Sort of a prequel to a legend. At that early stage perhaps more of a yarn, or a tale. En route to legend status.

Poetic Bama. Get ready for someone to dump on your route. At least I suspect that may happen. ;)

Reaction Score
She was congratulated by Brunelle. Is that a strong indication she is also coming to UConn?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Maybe it is my sheer optimism but I think she will be a fearless freshman and confident scorer. I believe that Crystal will play a big role in that.

I share your optimism.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

As you may recall in her ESPN interview after she chose UConn, when asked why she chose UConn, her very unique answer which floored me was

" I want to be legendary" I want to be a legend like Maya Moore and Diana Taurasi

and Geno mentioning how it is UConn's job to get her there. ( A little paraphrasing I think)

Well, 1 box checked.

Also it does not hurt that CW played with and loves and respects Crystal's game. I expect her transition to UConn may be a bit easier than most.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Legendary, baby! Okey dokey!

I think that phrase will be used in reference to Williams throughout her career at UConn. We're going to have a lot of fun with it. I hope that Crystal takes Christyn under her wing, and mentors her that first year, helping her to get ready for everything she will encounter on and off the court. Also to help Christyn avoid the pitfalls she had her freshman year.

Last edited by a moderator:

Carnac

Reaction Score
I guess Boneyarders have forgotten how it tempts the mojo gods when they declare how great a player will be before she ever plays a game at UConn. That and the “freshmen are notoriously inconsistent” thing.

It's a knee jerk reaction, they can't help it. :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
I guess Boneyarders have forgotten how it tempts the mojo gods when they declare how great a player will be before she ever plays a game at UConn. That and the “freshmen are notoriously inconsistent” thing.

Amen & Amen!

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Like Carly Simon, the 'Anticipation' is too much for us boneheaded Boneyarders. We can never know about the days to come, but we think about them anyway! ;)

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Can you post that photo?

DVXMujKVAAErIWt.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members