C/O 2013 WHERE THEY WILL END UP? MY THOUGHTS | The Boneyard

C/O 2013 WHERE THEY WILL END UP? MY THOUGHTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Curious on why you think Duke was able to sign quality recruits this year even though their roster is stacked? Insiders and others have said UConn won't sign many because their roster is stacked and so far that seems to be the case. UConn has room on their roster to sign three or four players for 2013. Did Duke decide that 2013 would be better for them, while it appears that Geno and coaching staff are spending more time on 2014 players?

An observation, Kentucky seems to recruit heavily for Guards and Wings when it appears that if they want to win the National Championship they need to heavily recruit an elite post player? What are your thoughts? I do recognize that Mitchell's system relies on quick pressing players that can score in transition or on turn overs. However, I'm not sure the system will win a National Championship against equally talented teams that have great coaching.

Do you think that the Lady Vols are the 4th best team in the SEC as voted on by the SEC coaches. That seems extremely low to be. Are Vandy & Georgia better?

Reaction Score
Do you think that the Lady Vols are the 4th best team in the SEC as voted on by the SEC coaches. That seems extremely low to be. Are Vandy & Georgia better?

Why is that low?
The Vols lost their clear top two players, and arguably their 3rd best in Baugh. Their bench was not very strong; so unless they have super monster performances from the frosh, they are worse than last year's team. Oh, and they've got size problems; not good for a team that typically relies heavily on rebounding.

Meanwhile, Vandy returns everyone from last year.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Thanks, Kenny.

I wouldn't use McCall's lack of a commit at First Night as an indicator, because I think she had set her decision date even before that. Just my guess. I think it is a very tight 2-horse race.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Even with what the Lady Vols lost, IMHO they are better then Georgia and would rate Vandy just a little bit better because of experience. Georgia has underachieved over the last 4 or 5 years. What I don't understand about Georgia is why they haven't been able to recruit some of the ELITE talent that has come out of the State in the last 5 years or so. Vandy IMHO is like Depaul they have a team full of good but not great players and have a great home court but having problems on the road against the better teams. I would rate Kentucky 1st Vandy & Lady Vols competing for 2nd & 3rd with Georgia coming in 4th. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Lady Vols get 2nd.

Why is that low?
The Vols lost their clear top two players, and arguably their 3rd best in Baugh. Their bench was not very strong; so unless they have super monster performances from the frosh, they are worse than last year's team. Oh, and they've got size problems; not good for a team that typically relies heavily on rebounding.

Meanwhile, Vandy returns everyone from last year.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Interesting predictions. But it appears that his predictions are not based on any more information than the rest of us have.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Interesting! Very Interesting! Thanks Kenny! Always appreciate your opinions.

I hope we land McCall. I think it's a tighter race than many think personally.

As far as Russell and her commitment, I honestly couldn't even guess at this point!

I hope that the 3 end up at Louisville with Walz but have no idea! This 2013 class is something else!

Reaction Score
Interesting predictions. But it appears that his predictions are not based on any more information than the rest of us have.
I think you're right for at least some players. He may have information that he can't disclose about other players. Last year he was correct in his predictions for quite a few players.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Hope he's right about Tyler Scaife, and wrong about Ieshia Small. :p

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Kenny's predictions last year were pretty good. He nailed several and often indicated how solid his information was or whether it was just intuition or a guess. Less than perfect, but likely better than average.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Kenny's predictions last year were pretty good. He nailed several and often indicated how solid his information was or whether it was just intuition or a guess. Less than perfect, but likely better than average.
True, but i'm not sure if his guesses are any better than the rest of our guesses. still, appreciate the link and his predictions. i guess we could save the link for a month or two and see how good they are...

Reaction Score
I am not sure how Geno will play the 2013 recruiting game. I would be very surprised if he brings in more than 2 ladies. I think more than likely it will be one, maybe. I see it being like the year we signed Kelly as the only recruit, and then followed that up with the # 1 recruiting class. I think the worst thing is bringing in too many kids. Too many bad things can happen that lead to transfers. You only need 5 positions and 1 bball. I do think Geno gets it where a lot of coaches don't. I believe that is what has hurt utenn the most. Bringing in too many All Americans.

I think utenn has and is underachieving, whereas Vandy has and always will overachieve. These 2 teams are headed in different directions. Melanie Balcombe and Vandy has just about caught up with utenn in the recruiting wars. Vandy brings in a stud next year Rebekah Dahlman, who EVERYONE wanted. She turned down utenn. Watch out for this one, and watch out for Vandy !

GO UCONN

Reaction Score
We have 9 out of 11 McD's AA's. And Doty might have been if she wasn't injured her Sr year.
And wouldn't you feel bad for the one who wasn't? Or watch to see if she played out of her mind, to prove the AA selectors wrong?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
True, but i'm not sure if his guesses are any better than the rest of our guesses. still, appreciate the link and his predictions. i guess we could save the link for a month or two and see how good they are...
Quite possibly true on Kenny's guesses vs. our guesses. But he has more cases of informed predictions than I do.

Reaction Score
He was incorrect in his picks for Russell (TN over his pick Louisville) and Davis (GA Tech over his pick TN).

So here's to hoping he's wrong about McCall picking Stanford over UConn (although with our luck he'll be right like he was with Harper picking Kentucky over UConn).

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score

We are talking about teenagers. They change their minds as often as they change shoes. Information changes. Predictions are made based in what an insider/expert/analyst knows at the time. It is an educated guess or a statement based on available information. It isn't like he was promoting himself as Nostradamus or Kreskin.

Reaction Score
We have 9 out of 11 McD's AA's. And Doty might have been if she wasn't injured her Sr year.
CD "Would" have been a McD AA IMHO if not for her ACL playing soccer I believe! She
was ranked in the Top 10. We can put 10** of 11 with the astericks

Re: 2013 We would have taken DD and Taya if they had accepted our offers

We have moved ahead aggressively now on 2014 Potential monster class!

Regarding Kenny it will be interesting to see how his predictions pan out
Ira

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member