2020 Recruiting: - C Dylan Cardwell sets official visit to UConn | Page 9 | The Boneyard

2020 Recruiting: C Dylan Cardwell sets official visit to UConn

Reaction Score
Cliff is better than Cardwell, but I don't think either is better than a senior Carlton. He was VERY good this last year in general, just inconsistent. I bet he'll be more consistent against better comp this year.
Being very good entails being consistent

Reaction Score
He’s under-evaluated but has pulled some very solid offers. Kenya likes him, which I do value quite a bit. But, being 6’10” gets a guy attention, as does being at a school like Oak Hill, but he still, at best, flew under the radar. I don’t like to be anything but positive about recruits, but the post I responded to was about tempering expectations.
His offers seem to correlate with where he's ranked and his ranking seems about what I would expect for a fairly athletic rim running big with limited offense.

C

Chief00

I don't know about the nuances like footwork, but from this film there's a lot to like.
He won't need to be taught to get back on defense or run the break after a defensive rebound, he finishes strong inside, has nice moves to the basket, can make the short jumper, looks to make an outlet pass after grabbing a rebound, and finds the open man when he gets double teamed.
Who needs Cliff?
I sense your humor but yes we would love to have Cliff.

Reaction Score
Dan McDonald was discussing the updated Rivals rankings for 2020 centers:

McDonald: I really like this group of big man. I see several early impact big men in this class. You always expect the top prospects in each class to produce early, but I can go down as far as No. 15 with
Dylan Caldwell and see a guy that can help a program early. It's a really strong top 10.

He's not flying under the radar anymore.

Reaction Score

McDonald: I really like this group of big man. I see several early impact big men in this class. You always expect the top prospects in each class to produce early, but I can go down as far as No. 15 with
Dylan Caldwell and see a guy that can help a program early. It's a really strong top 10.

He’s been a 4 star and top 115 on Rivals for a while now

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Given where things stand with Cliff, it looks like this guy is top priority at the moment.

Anyone hear anything? What's the latest?

Reaction Score
Chief expects two commits by 10/15. :)

Here’s a look ahead at The Boneyard on 10/16 if we don’t get two commitments by then.
4CA0AA58-2D61-47C2-B8E4-5730B0A04B1D.jpeg

pj

Reaction Score
I really like his competitive fire in these highlights, his mobility and physical tools, as well as his decisive strong commitments to the basket. I think this kid would be a great addition.

He's intimidating! Would really add a great dimension to this team, and be a great change of pace from Carlton, even as a freshman.

Reaction Score
I think we get Andre Jackson and Cardwell for now. If Thomas wants to commit, awesome; we’ll figure out the rest later. If Gilbert returns, a two-player class is fine. If he leaves or someone else transfers we can pick up someone in the spring, even if it’s a grad transfer.

Reaction Score

Yeah, but all the coaches just searched for Dylan Caldwell and couldn't find him.

Reaction Score
Is anyone else having issues w the site? I can only GE into or even see threads through “alerts”

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom