C Derrick Quansah | Page 3 | The Boneyard

C Derrick Quansah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He averaged 11 PTS and 7.5 REB per 40 minutes as a sophomore here while shooting 41.5% from 2 and 68.2% from the line.

He averaged 19.7 PTS and 10.9 REB per 40 minutes this year at UoL while shooting 56.3% 2PT, 35.9% 3PT, and 81.8% FT. And this is in the ACC.

He’s a completely different player and much much better than he was with Ollie coaching him.

LOL his defense is still dreadful and he's much more mature. He's better no doubt but by how much? Is it coaching or just because he's 22 years old? Check the bottom if we're going to go this route then let's discuss Daniels and Giffey otherwise let's just drop it not worth the time.

Reaction Score
Enoch just put up 14/7 on 11 shots in 25 minutes in the NCAA tournament.

You can see his development pretty clearly and the lack of development from his freshman to sophomore years, the time when most players have the most development, is even more damning. The reason his counting stats this year aren't better is that Louisville has him and Malik Williams (one of the best interior defenders and rebounders in the country) split minutes.

u6HIXdM.png

We've covered Carlton's improvement in year 1 of new regime pretty extensively (although he does have the edge of fresh-soph). But I'd consider that additional evidence.
Enoch just declared for the draft. No agent though.

Reaction Score
He averaged 11 PTS and 7.5 REB per 40 minutes as a sophomore here while shooting 41.5% from 2 and 68.2% from the line.

He averaged 19.7 PTS and 10.9 REB per 40 minutes this year at UoL while shooting 56.3% 2PT, 35.9% 3PT, and 81.8% FT. And this is in the ACC.

He’s a completely different player and much much better than he was with Ollie coaching him.
Go watch the Minnesota game again. They extend the lead every time Enoch was in the game. They (Cards) made a late run in the game and that was because Enoch was not on the floor. Enoch was a terrible player here, he is no different where he is now.

Reaction Score
What a strange post. The kid is from Ghana and moved to the US for school and basketball at 15, think it is the age he started playing. No he's not the next Shaq.

Hey, I didn't know his background and the idea let me have some fun speculating.
The 247 profile said nothing about Ghana, just hometown of Fayetteville, so voila.

I added the Shaq idea because of what a find he was for LSU, but now that you mentioned he didn't start playing basketball until age 15 it makes Hurley's interest even more intriguing. Maybe they see real potential. We'll know by the time this class is complete. ;)

Reaction Score
Go watch the Minnesota game again. They extend the lead every time Enoch was in the game. They (Cards) made a late run in the game and that was because Enoch was not on the floor. Enoch was a terrible player here, he is no different where he is now.
I'll take the mathematical proof that you are wrong, either aggregated stats or +/- data, over your eye assessment. Sorry :(

Reaction Score
I'll take the mathematical proof that you are wrong, either aggregated stats or +/- data, over your eye assessment. Sorry :(

Oh okay LOL. He's unbelievable my bad. Agree to totally disagree.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score

He’s been worse defensively this year then his last year at UConn. But way better offensively.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
My subjective opinion is more accurate than your data driven conclusion. Sry

Reaction Score
LOL his defense is still dreadful and he's much more mature. He's better no doubt but by how much? Is it coaching or just because he's 22 years old? Check the bottom if we're going to go this route then let's discuss Daniels and Giffey otherwise let's just drop it not worth the time.
A significant amount

Reaction Score
A significant amount

I want to ask does defense count to you? Because he's the same exact guy there as he was here. And significant is definitely arguable depending on peoples expectations of the term. If I watched 20 games he was pretty good, a couple times really good offensively in 12 and in 8 others he was either in foul trouble from stupidity or just invisible. If that's good for you guys then ok I'm way off in what I'm looking for from a guy.:oops:

Reaction Score
I want to ask does defense count to you? Because he's the same exact guy there as he was here. And significant is definitely arguable depending on peoples expectations of the term. If I watched 20 games he was pretty good, a couple times really good offensively in 12 and in 8 others he was either in foul trouble from stupidity or just invisible. If that's good for you guys then ok I'm way off in what I'm looking for from a guy.:oops:
Defense does matter, and while it wasn't good it was undoubtedly improved. Better DREB%, significantly better DBPM and Def Win Shares, his foul rate went way down as well. He's far from the same guy he was here

Reaction Score
Defense does matter, and while it wasn't good it was undoubtedly improved. Better DREB%, significantly better DBPM and Def Win Shares, his foul rate went way down as well. He's far from the same guy he was here
Don’t want to hijack this thread about Quansah but from the games I saw Steve was a much improved and confident player. Not great but decent.I think it had more to do with the 2 more years of training than it does with the coaching. He may test the NBA but he will get eaten up defensively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom