BYU-Utah St | The Boneyard

BYU-Utah St

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I watch BYU and am totally confused by how anyone would say this team would be in the conversation for the playoff.

Todd Orlando getting some publicity on the broadcast.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Why wouldn't Utah State have a backup sophomore quarterback who would be the second best UConn FBS QB.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Seriously BYU should be considered for the playoff? That's one of the four best teams in the country?

Reaction Score
Hill leaving the field on a cart not good...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Hill pretty distraught and in pain after getting his leg caught under. Tough deal for everyone.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Hill pretty distraught and in pain after getting his leg caught under. Tough deal for everyone.

Yes hopefully only a high ankle
sprain but looked like a broken leg.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
And it is a fractured leg.

That's a killer for BYU.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
And it is a fractured leg.

That's a killer for BYU.

They were losing this game anyway. The schedule is so bad they still will win 10 if not 11.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
They were a longshot for the playoffs to begin with, and that ship is now sunk. The bad news for Provo is that they aren't even going to a major bowl. Hello Miami!!! They might as well have not played the season. The Bowl System is really stupid.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
They were a longshot for the playoffs to begin with, and that ship is now sunk. The bad news for Provo is that they aren't even going to a major bowl. Hello Miami!!! They might as well have not played the season. The Bowl System is really stupid.

Yeah it's the Bowl System that is BYU's problem. Not their desire to spread religion through sports.

They lead the country in penalties. That anyone would consider them for a 4 game playoff is ridiculous.

That you'd like to see a team that can't beat Utah St at home with their backup quarterback compete for an expanded playoff spot leads me to believe you are as crazy as your avatar.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Independence is the way to go though!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Are we really talking s--- about BYU?

Utah State would be balls deep our eye sockets

What does that have to do with people claiming they are a playoff candidate?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
It seems that it's pretty much just you having that conversation. With yourself.

That was before you called Nelson crazy for suggestion they were a playoff contender even though he didn't. And then you went back to BYU and got mad at them for being independent and/or religious.

You're like my mom after too many glasses of Merlot.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It seems that it's pretty much just you having that conversation. With yourself.

That was before you called Nelson crazy for suggestion they were a playoff contender even though he didn't. And then you went back to BYU and got mad at them for being independent and/or religious.

Sorry I didn't realize every conversation we've had on the subject was in this thread.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Well now I know why Diaco thanked Mendenhall.

Field goal when you should go for 7? check.

Turnover on a kickoff but you went offside? Check.

Reaction Score

He is easy? How would you know that?

Reaction Score
Hill is a great athlete and a difference maker. Running QB's who can throw pose huge problems for defenses but as the season goes on they can get banged up as they venture out of the pocket. We always seem to catch these guys at their best early in the season. If you're going with a running guy you'd better have another ready to come in and do the same. Otherwise prepare to hand the ball off a lot. Hope this doesn't end his career if he planned on coming back.

Reaction Score
Yeah it's the Bowl System that is BYU's problem. Not their desire to spread religion through sports.

They lead the country in penalties. That anyone would consider them for a 4 game playoff is ridiculous.

That you'd like to see a team that can't beat Utah St at home with their backup quarterback compete for an expanded playoff spot leads me to believe you are as crazy as your avatar.

Who in God's name was considering them for the playoff? Anyone with a brain knew that there was never any chance of that happening, undefeated or otherwise.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Even going 12-0 would have left them out. We knew this though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom