BYU Game thread | Page 14 | The Boneyard

BYU Game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Im ok with that. Get a stop here and it is a good half.

Jax Husky

Reaction Score
Come on D. It is pride time. Do t let thwm score.

Reaction Score
Rocktheworld said:
LMAOOOOOO talking all this about the refs early, they have been saving our asses again and again
That they have, and yet the refs toned it down in general in the second half. The number of 1st half calls against both teams appeared to be either ridiculous, setting an early season example, early season player and ref jitters, or some combination.

Reaction Score
They hit all 3 gimmee field goals instead and its 35-19. Rewriting history but...

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
Whitmer is terrible. 3 drives in red zone with no points.

Edit: not all Whitmers drives to clarify.

Reaction Score
I am going to get fed up soon if they keep playing Whitmer. That play notwithstanding

I mean....Cochran could have chucked that up there. That was all Davis. Great catch.

Reaction Score
Jax Husky said:
I am going to get fed up soon if they keep playing Whitmer.

Not playing favorites, but judging off of both last season and this first game let the sophomore mullet play and ideally develop his game versus playing the senior. just sayin'

Jax Husky

Reaction Score
Good lord. Chandler Whitmer blows. Sorry.

Reaction Score
Whitmer looked like they he was trying to get a head start on his drop back before he was snapped the ball. Sorry CW you are probably a great young man, but Cochran needs to be in there every snap.

Jax Husky

Reaction Score
They fought in a lot of losses the past 3 seasons too.
Not really. Those losses were terrible. This loss was because of mistakes. 3 red zone trips with 0 points. We drove the ball a little though and played tough D after the first 5 min.

Reaction Score
Cochran needs to be in there. Have an experienced back up in Whitmer. I honestly believe Diaco was playing 2 QB's this week to see what he has in the "cupboard" as some love to say. He wanted a better feel for the two signal callers he has to choose from. I think he was undecided and wanted to see both live before making a more definitive decision. Again just my opinion. But hard not to believe.

Reaction Score
The defense was rough in the first half, but they only allowed 7 points in the second half and looked a lot better after half time. I'm not one to hang my hat on a moral victory, but I definitely liked seeing improvement from beginning to end.

Reaction Score
Not really. Those losses were terrible. This loss was because of mistakes. 3 red zone trips with 0 points. We drove the ball a little though and played tough D after the first 5 min.
Take away 25% of the BYU penalties and 50% of the Uconn penalties and what is the result? A loss. By a lot. Poor play/weird play calling, undisciplined play, QB substitution pattern that defies all logic, poor overall prep, .....

One can hope the staff improves as much as the players week 1 to week 2

Reaction Score
The reality is that team was beaten down up and down the field and the coaching staff made ridiculous errors. If you'd like to call me an energy vampire feel free.

The two quarterback system was so bad it was laughable.

Again, I maintain the view point, Diaco is still unsure of who he wants to roll with at QB. he viewed BYU as an unwinnable game. Play em both. Get all of the impact freshmen in there and see what you have. Only conceivable view I can make of the two QB thing is seeing what he's got. Throw them in there in game action and see what happens.

Reaction Score
I didn't see two different style QB's out there other than name thats for sure.

Reaction Score
The reality is that team was beaten down up and down the field and the coaching staff made ridiculous errors. If you'd like to call me an energy vampire feel free.

The two quarterback system was so bad it was laughable.

We agree on this, at least, whaler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22