Byron Jones is a Dallas Cowboy- 27th Pick of First Round. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Byron Jones is a Dallas Cowboy- 27th Pick of First Round.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
CD46EpFWgAAvJDb.jpg

Reaction Score
Steal of the draft so far. Dallas always makes these sneaky picks that turn out very good. Pro Bowler in a few years.

On Byron Jones:

"In terms of size, speed, quickness and athleticism, you could put his numbers up against everyone in the country...He's big, real fast and crazy explosive. These are all things you can see."

Bob Diaco 7/29/2014

Congrats to Byron Jones - You will represent UCONN well in the NFL!

Reaction Score
How bout them Cowboys!!! They're about to interview him on Dallas Cowboys App.... Thry view him as an ideal press corner, who can also play Safety.... im sticking with my gut feeling about him. He'll end up at FS and have a long career there....

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
Congrats Byron! Well done! Can't wait to see you play here in TX. Hopefully, the Huskies and Cowboys will play the same weekend in TX soon and some of my fellow BYers will take a road trip and enjoy a long, memorable Texas-style football weekend: Top 20 HS Friday night lights game; Saturday with the Huskies, and Sunday watching you and your new teammates at Cowboy Stadium.

BTW, I ran into Jason Whitten at the local Academy Sports store two nights ago. The dude is freaking huge. Made a young boy's day in the check out line, too. Kid worked up the nerve to ask him if he was Jason Whitten and he turned around, smiled and shook the boy's hand. Kid didn't know what to do but stare at his hand.

Reaction Score
How bout them Cowboys!!! They're about to interview him on Dallas Cowboys App.... Thry view him as an ideal press corner, who can also play Safety.... im sticking with my gut feeling about him. He'll end up at FS and have a long career there....

@NHRJimFuller: .@dallascowboys Jerry Jones & Jason Garrrett said they like #UConn's Byron Jones ability to play safety but he's going to play CB 1st

Reaction Score
Well, the Cowboys are the first thing not to like about Byron's impressive accomplishments on and off the field. Except against his father's Giants, best of luck to Byron. May he destroy all other teams.

Reaction Score
For as much as Chip Kelly seemed to like Byron, it's delicious irony that he will now face him twice a year. Not a fan of either Dallas or Philly, but I hope Byron destroys Kelly's QBs each time and gives him that "should have drafted you" regret/heartburn. One of those things about the draft that I love.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Anyone have a video link. Midnight is a little much for me on a Thursday.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Congrats to Byron. I'll have to watch it after work as I couldn't stay up that long and DVR'd it!

On a side note, anyone catch when the WR from Louisville was selected that the first clip they showed was of him against UConn and we were still wearing the old Block C unis? The kid must have been a frosh in that clip, no? It's gotta be at least 3 years since we've worn those jerseys. Was surprised to see footage that might have been that long ago in his draft highlights.

Congrats again to Byron. Hate that he's a Cowboy but at least I'm guaranteed to see him play live twice a season now as a Giants fan!

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
Prisco's grades of draft. Jones an A- . http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/story/25161760/grades-2015-nfl-draft-round-1

27 A-
DAL.png
Cowboys select: Byron Jones, CB, Connecticut
The Cowboys never thought this kid would be here. They have a major need at corner, and they land one at No. 27. He's much more than just an athlete.
And it's extra nice to be wanted as much as the Cowboys obviously wanted Byron. I'm very happy for him and his family.
http://www.dallascowboys.com/video/2015/04/30/secret-audio-byron-jones-gets-call

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score

Congrats to Byron.

I had to laugh watching the video tcf15 posted. At the 1:30 mark vs Louisville in the center of the screen is #46 who turns his palms upward and clearly doesn't know where to go. I assume it's Vann unless he's changed numbers over the years. That sums up the PP years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom