Bye bye chalk | The Boneyard

Bye bye chalk

Reaction Score
Way too early but which highly ranked school do you see making an early exit (besides perhaps all of them). I say Houston gets an ice water shock once they get out of that tepid conference cycle. Who you got?

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
UConn. Which team will show up in March? The early and late in the season team or the middle of the season team? They don't have a real point guard (I stole that one! Lol) which usually spells doom in March.

How's that? ;)
Im Not No Way GIF

Reaction Score
Purdue. I just don't think they're as good as their ranking. They rely heavily on Edey and someone will shut him down. They have 2 freshmen starting at the guard positions and that's usually not a good recipe for advancing far.
Nobody is going to shut down Edey, but somebody will hold everyone else in check, clean the glass, and outscore them like Indiana did.

Edey had 33/18 and 26/16 in their 2 losses to Indiana.

Reaction Score
Nobody is going to shut down Edey, but somebody will hold everyone else in check, clean the glass, and outscore them like Indiana did.
Some teams already have. See his game log below. What if someone gets him in foul trouble? That's not hard to see happening. It's pretty hard to score 20+ every game. And they'll be playing better teams.

Reaction Score
Some teams already have. See his game log below. What if someone gets him in foul trouble? That's not hard to see happening. It's pretty hard to score 20+ every game. And they'll be playing better teams.

Nebraska did the best job this year. Purdue swept them and Edey had 11, 17 rebs with 7 blocks and 12, 13 rebs, and 4 blocks.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
One thing you know about Kelvin Sampson, his teams come out prepared for the Dance
Doesn't mean that an upset cant happen bit if they are a 1 or 2. I say the probability of an upset is less than 5%
Don't think you can say the same about a ton of coaches - DH included
I'm thinking that Gonzaga may be either vulnerable or they will be primed - just watching them and they aren't the same Gonzaga.
Maybe all the issues at Bama will be their downfall?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
One thing you know about Kelvin Sampson, his teams come out prepared for the Dance
Doesn't mean that an upset cant happen bit if they are a 1 or 2. I say the probability of an upset is less than 5%
Don't think you can say the same about a ton of coaches - DH included
I'm thinking that Gonzaga may be either vulnerable or they will be primed - just watching them and they aren't the same Gonzaga.
Maybe all the issues at Bama will be their downfall?
I don’t see Houston losing early because they are very consistent. I just don’t think they have the talent to hang with the best teams and aren’t tested. Elite 8 is about as far as they can probably go.

Early loss will depend on matchups. Some team will run into the absolute worst team for them to play. No way to know until you see the bracket. Every team is vulnerable.

Reaction Score
Kansas State and Gonzaga. The way St Mary’s found their way back in the game last night is a testament to the Zags inability to protect the ball. Only chance they get to 2nd weekend or further is Few and Timme getting calls.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Way too early but which highly ranked school do you see making an early exit (besides perhaps all of them). I say Houston gets an ice water shock once they get out of that tepid conference cycle. Who you got?
Are you willing to wager or were you just excited to type something?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Kansas State and Gonzaga. The way St Mary’s found their way back in the game last night is a testament to the Zags inability to protect the ball. Only chance they get to 2nd weekend or further is Few and Timme getting calls.
K- State is the Providence of the Big XII. I typically believe every WCC school is overrated.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
This is a pointless exercise. Any top team is a potential upset victim this season. A better question is how many 1 through 4 seeds survive to the second weekend. I set the over/under at 9.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom