BY25 poll #4: *Results are in* | The Boneyard

BY25 poll #4: *Results are in*

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Number of 1st-place votes shown in parentheses:

1640017762404.png

Also receiving votes (on at least two ballots): DePaul 41, Florida Gulf Coast 26, Nebraska 26, Colorado 20, Ohio State 18, UCF 17, Kansas State 9, Missouri State 5.

The following teams appeared on only one ballot, thus falling short of the "receiving votes" category: Tulsa.

Thank you to all who voted. Twenty-two ballots were submitted. Happy holidays and a happy new year to all.

The next poll will be Monday, January 3, 2022.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Implied bracket

NC: 1 SCar / 7 Ind / 12 Tex / 15 Gat
WA: 2 Stan / 8 Tenn / 10 Bay / 16 Iowa
CT: 3 NCSt / 6 Md / 9 Ct / 13 Ga
KS: 4 Ariz / 5 Lou / 11 Mich / 14 Ia St

Reaction Score
Who was the highest ranked team to not appear on all 22 ballots?

Plebe

Reaction Score
Who was the highest ranked team to not appear on all 22 ballots?
One of the ballots did not rank Georgia Tech.

Of the teams ranked below Georgia Tech, only Duke was listed on all 22 ballots.

Reaction Score
One of the ballots did not rank Georgia Tech.

Of the teams ranked below Georgia Tech, only Duke was listed on all 22 ballots.

Don’t tell @undersized that people are leaving their beloved Iowa off ballots.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Like I've stated before.. Ain't nothing like raised blood pressure on a Monday afternoon. Good thing I already ate lunch :mad:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
How is UConn still in the top 10 of the BY Poll?? :rolleyes:

Whoever left Georgia Tech off their ballot must be either a UGA Fan.... someone who suffers from Melissophobia, or just still mad from last week. :confused:

Reaction Score
How is UConn still in the top 10 of the BY Poll?? :rolleyes:

Whoever left Georgia Tech off their ballot must be either a UGA Fan.... someone who suffers from Melissophobia, or just still mad from last week. :confused:
“Your” teams has expanded into Peachlsnd now too?

Reaction Score
I might be the guilty party of not ranking GT as, like an idiot, I submitted with Georgia at #8 and #13 when I meant Georgia Tech to be #13. I noticed Plebe’s message to me of my error after the poll results were already tabulated and posted. Head bang

Reaction Score
I think the clustering of votes for UConn would be interesting.

I voted them 7th, I think, after debating leaving them higher, but if I had been inclined to vote them as low as 9th (which is reasonable) I'd probably have put them around 13-17 range.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
“Your” teams has expanded into Peachlsnd now too?

Well you know Imma have a fellow long time ACC member's back (long time meaning in the ACC when I was a kid)... except for one school.
He'll pull for anybody near I-85. But if @triaddukefan ever wears orange, he's dead to me!

Well Duke, Elon, HPU, Charlotte, Wofford are all schools I either or have pulled for... so there might be some truth behind your statement. I do have a few orange shirts, but havent worn them in many years.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I might be the guilty party of not ranking GT as, like an idiot, I submitted with Georgia at #8 and #13 when I meant Georgia Tech to be #13. I noticed Plebe’s message to me of my error after the poll results were already tabulated and posted. Head bang
Actually, no, it wasn't you. I took the extreme liberty of assuming—thankfully correctly—that you intended GT to be #13. (My other options would have been to disqualify the ballot entirely, because I would not have counted Georgia twice.)

It's very common for people to inadvertently omit a team, so it's possible it was an oversight. But in any event, it would not have affected the rankings because GT was 37 points behind the next team ahead of them.

Reaction Score
Actually, no, it wasn't you. I took the extreme liberty of assuming—thankfully correctly—that you intended GT to be #13. (My other options would have been to disqualify the ballot entirely, because I would not have counted Georgia twice.)

It's very common for people to inadvertently omit a team, so it's possible it was an oversight. But in any event, it would not have affected the rankings because GT was 37 points behind the next team ahead of them.
Thanks for assuming correctly and including my ballot. I’ll make extra sure not to do that again. :confused:

I particularly liked my submission this week as teams slotted in quite easily as I did my research. Not really any rankings I came away unsure of and I feel I didn’t make any glaring omissions of teams that should be ranked - as I ended up feeling I did with the 12/6 poll.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I think the clustering of votes for UConn would be interesting.

I voted them 7th, I think, after debating leaving them higher, but if I had been inclined to vote them as low as 9th (which is reasonable) I'd probably have put them around 13-17 range.
The rankings of UConn were highly varied across ballots.

Highest was #5 (on 2 ballots), lowest #16. Distribution was fairly even between those two poles, perhaps slightly thinner on the upper half of the range.

Reaction Score
I think this is an appropriate ranking for Baylor, they've lost to the two ranked opponents they've faced so far, granted, both were close. They will have at least 4 more opportunities against ranked opponents (TX and Iowa State + BIG12 Tourney, and even OK is making rise), however I don't know where they would rank in terms of quadrants.

So really, the only way they can move up is if those in front of them fall (which is likely to happen) as well as going at least 3-1 versus the Texas/Iowa State games imo, and not dropping any games to mid/lower tier conf. opponents.

I personally have them ranked at #11, which is around where they were for my pre-season ranking. It will be interesting to see where they are at when selection Monday commences.

Reaction Score
WE may even go lower in the polling, as we play on. More interested in the players attitude & experience in regards to their own "Performance", without that one missing 'Super Player' !

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom