BY25 poll #2: Results are in | Page 2 | The Boneyard

BY25 poll #2: Results are in

Reaction Score
Actually, both North Dakota and North Dakota State received a single vote each (and on separate ballots, I might add).
I glossed over that. I assume that was a mistake on the voters end.

Reaction Score
I like Oregon a lot and had them (#4) over SC (#6). But I can't wait til they get whacked so we can see what you have to say about that.

Whacked by who? Might lose a close one or two on there schedule but there isn’t a team not playing in the WNBA capable of whacking the Ducks

Reaction Score
For those confused as to why North Dakota State was included on one ballot (my ballot)...why not? They are 3-0 with a "very early" #1 rank in both RPI and SOS Rank, as of yesterday, of course they will not be there in the next poll, but isn't this what polling is all about?

1607459987164.png

Reaction Score
I had Oregon over South Carolina, but I still had them close because South Carolina has played a couple of ranked teams while Oregon has played nobodies up to this point. They (Oregon) might have looked good in those games, but so did Charli Collier and Texas in their first couple of games before facing real competition (though that game was admittedly close). I guess we’ll have to have a larger sample size and some quality games (like Oregon vs Oregon State this coming Sunday) before really determining where to put teams like Oregon.
True, but this can be applied to almost all the teams this season. Even those that played games against supposed ranked teams actually did so against teams who's ranking was based on really very little except their records last season and their roster. This is why I have yet to submit my vote. I will wait a bit before doing so. UConn is ranked high and they have not played one game as of yet. We need to keep the standard the same for everyone and not just cherry pick them for certain teams to promote our own agenda.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
First off, Again THANK YOU for doing this! Many of us do appreciate your efforts to "herd cats" and create an interesting thread for us to compare and contrast.

That said, some of our posters clearly do not do any homework when assessing their rankings. To wit:
North Carolina coming in #26? Has anyone seen them play, plus they have played a pathetic schedule thus far.. I am with @triaddukefan on this, they are overrated at this point.

Hey now...... I never said they were overrated ........... Until now... I am now saying they are overrated :p They are a talented bunch though..... Watts is a tremendous player for them.

As for their schedule...... pathetic is too harsh.... at least when you are referring to UNCG and HPU. My Spartans are in rebuilding mode :( ... and My Panthers just didn't have the horses to put them away... after they jumped out to a 20-2 lead. :oops:

Reaction Score
True, but this can be applied to almost all the teams this season. Even those that played games against supposed ranked teams actually did so against teams who's ranking was based on really very little except their records last season and their roster. This is why I have yet to submit my vote. I will wait a bit before doing so. UConn is ranked high and they have not played one game as of yet. We need to keep the standard the same for everyone and not just cherry pick them for certain teams to promote our own agenda.
True, but based on previous years and general trends, we know the “Seattle U”s of WCBB don’t provide any competition to tournament caliber teams. Iowa State, Gonzaga, and NC State, on the other hand, have a history of being at least decent and return key players that warrant some consideration in rankings. Rankings have to come from somewhere and part of that is the level of talent and/or quality experience on a team. Oregon has a lot to prove after losing their big three and playing teams near the bottom of the Pac-12 isn’t a great barometer. But I absolutely agree that other teams (UConn included) should be scrutinized more if they have only played low-level competition and haven’t “wowed” with their fluidity (both offensive and defensive), prowess, and teamwork.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom