By the end of September | Page 3 | The Boneyard

By the end of September

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Tim Brando has said repeatedly that he thinks UConn will have a spot in the ACC. But I think that is contingent on ND joining full-time which, as we all know, might not happen for 20 years.

UConn's P5 data has always been there. It's football fan support has not. And that is our biggest dead weight on our B12 profile right now...which affords "other" P5 conferences to wait-and-see knowing we really do not have any other viable alternatives.

Yes, the fastest way to an ACC invite is to get a B12 invite.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Yes, the fastest way to an ACC invite is to get a B12 invite.

The fastest way to get *any* invite is to eliminate as many perceived weaknesses as possible. We're not getting into the B12 with less than 30K football crowds. We're not getting into ACC without Notre Dame joining first OR that feeling that we are about to be poached, ala Louisville. And how did Louisville get into the ACC? They supported their FB/MBB teams.

Reaction Score
The fastest way to get *any* invite is to eliminate as many perceived weaknesses as possible. We're not getting into the B12 with less than 30K football crowds. We're not getting into ACC without Notre Dame joining first OR that feeling that we are about to be poached, ala Louisville. And how did Louisville get into the ACC? They supported their FB/MBB teams.

There is nothing to do in Louisville, which is one of the major reasons why they got great fan support.

I live in the Bay Area. There are multiple pro sports and college teams within half hour from me. We got Giants, As, 49ers, Raiders, Sharks, Earthquake, Warriors, Stanford, Cal, Santa Clara U, and San Jose State. Stanford is top 10 in football and no one give a most of the time. 49ers, Giants, and Warriors have great fan support. This is coming from someone with family connection to Stanford, Cal, and Santa Clara U. In addition, it's sunny so people are out there doing stuff.

I imagine it is similar in parts of CT. It is hard to compare to a state like KY. People simply have different life style. However, media markets in the NE simply are worth more because people got higher spending $$$$ on average. That's worth something to the media companies.

Reaction Score
'

That commuter school has a top 10 football ranking right now. Even I have to admit, Louisville has earned its keep in the ACC.
Recruits like hookers.

Reaction Score
Tim Brando has said repeatedly that he thinks UConn will have a spot in the ACC. But I think that is contingent on ND joining full-time which, as we all know, might not happen for 20 years.

UConn's P5 data has always been there. It's football fan support has not. And that is our biggest dead weight on our B12 profile right now...which affords "other" P5 conferences to wait-and-see knowing we really do not have any other viable alternatives.
Ill admit the fact that we've distributed only 26k, seats as of a few days ago is really discouraging. The school has lost all momentum moving football tix. In part they have to blame themselves for their constant screw ups, but also the fans wanting almost free tix is laughable.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
You can do that and still be at a place.

But it's usually some eating pizza with a knife and fork.

upload_2016-9-16_17-57-52.png

Reaction Score
Guys, disagreeing with the OP doesn't mean that the OP was trolling. Grow up and move on with your lives if you disagree. Our BC trolls are much more obvious than this.

Why is it the one person, or persons, who needs to grow up and move on with their lives, is the one who tells someone to grow up and move on with their life?

Reaction Score
Ill admit the fact that we've distributed only 26k, seats as of a few days ago is really discouraging. The school has lost all momentum moving football tix. In part they have to blame themselves for their constant screw ups, but also the fans wanting almost free tix is laughable.
The promotions were/are based on the hope Diaco got his head out of Verducci's rear end. Or even his own rear end.

If I was Herbst, I'd be using more than just a ruler for discipline.

Reaction Score
Ticket prices do not help. To buy ticket next to my seats in 207 on -line they are $45 + $13 fees = $58 for VA and Cuse.

Reaction Score
Ticket prices do not help. To buy ticket next to my seats in 207 on -line they are $45 + $13 fees = $58 for VA and Cuse.

You need to purchase season tickets in advance, e.g spring. I'm at mid-field and I paid less than that. When compared to an NFL or MLB or NBA game it's a fraction on the cost

ElGuapo

What does that mean, in-famous?
Reaction Score
I bought two Virginia tix yesterday from UCONN for $15.00 each (no fees) with the pw2016 code.
Will probably try the same next week for Syracuse and take my son.
Section 228 but it doesn't matter because we'll float around the stadium visiting friends anyway.
At least I did my part I guess, but for a hell of a lot less than regular price.

Reaction Score
Yep....Nice deal with the PW code....live tailgating music...I even got an email with a free parking pass. Happy not to pay the dude at the athletic field across the street. :)

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Deep down I pray we don't go to the Big 12. In the end I see UCONN nestled in the ACC.

But for now I stand with feet spread and my pelvis thrust forward waiting...waiting for the kick

6e39fda7e2b55ea6f50f3d2aa3828ce0.jpg

Reaction Score

Tons of tix for both games on stubhub for a lot cheaper.

Reaction Score
We certainly make sense for the ACC network. Then again, when has ACC done anything that made business sense? Most of us are still shaking our head at why a commuter school over us last round.
That commuter school is in a top 10 spot against a top 5 school. The ACC wanted football power and that's what they got. Not much else.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
That commuter school is in a top 10 spot against a top 5 school. The ACC wanted football power and that's what they got. Not much else.
State of the art FB BB and baseball stadiums, and they are decent to darn good in all. They are a modern day "U" (miami) - hookers and no-show classes, gangster coaches, but that means nothing apparently

Reaction Score
I get it. I said before. The UCONN ticket office could ruin a wet dream.

But the fans need to realize if you want to see UConn in a p5, get your butt to the game if you're local and can afford it.

I'm worn out from years of trying to drag people to games. I've lost guys in my group directly due to the actions/screw ups of the ticket office, but at the end of it all we have to drag our asses to the game if we want to see UCONN in a p5 . I know schools like Syracuse have dreadful attendance against ranked teams, but they're in and we're not. Let's go to the games.

Reaction Score
There is nothing to do in Louisville, which is one of the major reasons why they got great fan support.

I live in the Bay Area. There are multiple pro sports and college teams within half hour from me. We got Giants, As, 49ers, Raiders, Sharks, Earthquake, Warriors, Stanford, Cal, Santa Clara U, and San Jose State. Stanford is top 10 in football and no one give a most of the time. 49ers, Giants, and Warriors have great fan support. This is coming from someone with family connection to Stanford, Cal, and Santa Clara U. In addition, it's sunny so people are out there doing stuff.

I imagine it is similar in parts of CT. It is hard to compare to a state like KY. People simply have different life style. However, media markets in the NE simply are worth more because people got higher spending $$$$ on average. That's worth something to the media companies.

Despite good demos I think UConn has a tougher sales job than many of us would like to believe because of perceived mind share. I recently saw some stats showing that the two largest media markets without a top level pro sports team (MBB, NFL, NBA, NHL) within 100 miles of the center were Hartford/New Haven, and Birmingham, AL.

The first became a pro sports first market since there was no college sports alternative at all between the time Yale became irrelevant in sports and UConn BB came to prominence. The second developed a fanatical interest in CFB because it was there and UA football was successful on a national level. Had UConn FB been even a mediocre program in the 50's-90's (looking at you BC & Cuse) we would be in a very different position

I know there is no use bewailing the past but it does look increasingly like UConn came to the CFB table too late and as result may never get a place as long as FB perception is the key variable.

Reaction Score
I think it would be easy to get into a P5 conference. I'd hire a sure thing coach, lower admissions standards and talk smack in the media constantly. We'd be in within 24 months.

Reaction Score
Per my source, expansion is basically dead for the Big12 for now. Expect some announcement after the October meeting along the following lines - They are continuing to consider all options. Many fine universities expressed interest in joining all with unique aspects of what they would bring to the conference. It shows the strength and desirability u of the conference. the Big 12 media package and future netwrok remains an open and active discussion with their partners.

His real take, TX is not taking on Houston unless they get BYU. No desire for north or east movement on their part (Cinci, Uconn, Memphis, etc.). There is no way they want any team that has not been in the national spotlight for FB. They don't see any team bringing value long term to make them change their terms. OU pushed hard for a 4 team eastern focused expansion. Cant' even get close to 8 votes to go along.

Take it for what is worth.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Per my source, expansion is basically dead for the Big12 for now. Expect some announcement after the October meeting along the following lines - They are continuing to consider all options. Many fine universities expressed interest in joining all with unique aspects of what they would bring to the conference. It shows the strength and desirability u of the conference. the Big 12 media package and future netwrok remains an open and active discussion with their partners.

His real take, TX is not taking on Houston unless they get BYU. No desire for north or east movement on their part (Cinci, Uconn, Memphis, etc.). There is no way they want any team that has not been in the national spotlight for FB. They don't see any team bringing value long term to make them change their terms. OU pushed hard for a 4 team eastern focused expansion. Cant' even get close to 8 votes to go along.

Take it for what is worth.

Its Texas' world and you are just living in it Boren. Sucks for all of us.

There will be no movement until Texas decides its future post 2025.

In the meantime we have an eight year audition ahead. All the B12 candidates will still be competing for that next seat in case Bevo has a change of heart.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
So it seems like it's either expand by four (BYU, Houston, Cinci, UConn) or nothing.

I think we have consider either of those a win.

C

Chief00

I just think we'll be left at the altar again. UConn is always in the mix, but there's always someone else who gets chosen. For whatever the reasons are, I think we will be in this rut ad infintum. It pains me to say that.

Nothing lasts forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99