BY Friends | The Boneyard

BY Friends

Reaction Score
My wife and I are practicing social distancing. That means we have almost no physical contact with family or friends. You guys, my virtual friends, are a real social lifeboat for guys like me. I appreciate you and am so thankful for the BY platform.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Just imagining what this would be like without the internet and social media - 20 or 30 years ago 'lock down' would be true isolation.

I find there are lots of things about on-line living that I do not like because it distances people from actually seeing and interacting with their surroundings, but in a situation like this it is a lifeline.

Stay well, and stay connected!

Reaction Score
I also love the BY.....even when we agree to disagree! Ya’Al’ are really as I say basketball-a-holics and I appreciate ya’al’’. Keep posting brothers and sisters! Here’s to next year and
am very excited for our “5” freshman to get here as soon as it’s safe.
Can’t wait! Stay well and keep posting!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
JMS, I hope you and your wife are not practicing social distancing from each other. :) Hang in there! This could take a long time. The future is uncertain, but we have lots of past UConn games recorded, if you are inclined to watch the Huskies. Take care!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
JMS, I hope you and your wife are not practicing social distancing from each other. :) Hang in there! This could take a long time. The future is uncertain, but we have lots of past UConn games recorded, if you are inclined to watch the Huskies. Take care!
If you go to YouTube, there are plenty of MSU games there

Reaction Score
If you go to YouTube, there are plenty of MSU games there
I.Have watched so many replays of MSU games I feel like it is “Yesterday Once More”. But reruns are not like personal interactions, I miss that. The BY may not be personal interaction but it is interactive and informative and enjoyable. Really appreciate you guys!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I also love the BY.....even when we agree to disagree! Ya’Al’ are really as I say basketball-a-holics and I appreciate ya’al’’. Keep posting brothers and sisters! Here’s to next year and
am very excited for our “5” freshman to get here as soon as it’s safe.
Can’t wait! Stay well and keep posting!

This too shall pass. Hang in there. Approximately 8 more weeks per the medical professionals on CNN. I hope they’re right. Insulating ourselves inside our homes is our best defense against the virus.

We don’t want to lose any yarders. So hunker down and stay safe. We’ll find something to talk about and debate. We always do. I expect to see you all on the other side of this. :)

Last edited:

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I.Have watched so many replays of MSU games I feel like it is “Yesterday Once More”. But reruns are not like personal interactions, I miss that. The BY may not be personal interaction but it is interactive and informative and enjoyable. Really appreciate you guys!
If you get tired of the MSU games there's a heck of a lot of UConn games that you can watch on the BY. :rolleyes: Stay safe my friend and everyone else as well.

Reaction Score
If you get tired of the MSU games there's a heck of a lot of UConn games that you can watch on the BY. :rolleyes: Stay safe my friend and everyone else as well.
Watched those also. I have even watched some Tennessee WBB games, of course I watch those were they LOSE!

Reaction Score
This too shall pass. Hang in there. Approximately 8 more weeks per the medical professionals on CNN. I hope they’re right. Insulating ourselves inside our homes is our best defense against the virus.

We don’t want to lose any yarders. So hunker down and stay safe. We’ll find something to talk about and debate. We always do. I expect to see you all on the other side of this. :)
And very soon we will be working in our gardens and planting the picklers, sun golds and brandywines that we will be enjoying when this is all over. The greatest thing in the world is getting your hands down in the soil while listening to Fats, Elvis, Ben E. King and The Drifters, and the Platters. Keep well Carnac and all the BY's.

Reaction Score
Staying inside, and have been for several days. But it's clear that lots of families are outside socializing, and quite likely spreading disease.

It's going to be far longer than eight weeks. This is only beginning....

Carnac

Reaction Score
And very soon we will be working in our gardens and planting the picklers, sun golds and brandywines that we will be enjoying when this is all over. The greatest thing in the world is getting your hands down in the soil while listening to Fats, Elvis, Ben E. King and The Drifters, and the Platters. Keep well Carnac and all the BY's.

If you've got 2 hours to kill, go over to the "Food and Travel" forum. I just posted a 2 hour video on Route 66. A father and son team traveled the entire length of route 66 in 14 days. They stopped at every tourist attraction along the way, and gave great narration at every stop.

I've traveled on parts of the original route (in the early 70's) before the I-40 bypass opened passing the last remaining parts of old 66. There's still a lot of historic places that are open and available to the public. Lots of places to buy souvenirs, and view surviving relics of the height of the road. I think the 2 most interesting "must see" tourist attractions is the Grand Canyon and Meteor Crater, both in Arizona. There's nothing like seeing them in person. Time and money well spent. I've seen them both once. Very impressive.

1584844029525.png

Last edited:

Carnac

Reaction Score
Staying inside, and have been for several days. But it's clear that lots of families are outside socializing, and quite likely spreading disease.

Here in California, health professionals predict that IF folks don't stay away from other people, self quarantine and practice "social distancing", that as much as 56% (23 million) of the state's population could contract the virus. As of 2017, California's population was 39.54 million people.

I'd feel comfortable rounding that off to 41 million today. That number would more than overwhelm our state's medical infrastructure. Not to mention the 36,000+ homeless people (as of 2019) residing within the city limits of Los Angeles that need care.

LA City government is doing its best to address their needs during this crisis as well. Right now the word coming from FEMA medical professionals (and state governor Gavin Newsom) here is it's going to get worse before it gets better. So hunker down, don't make yourself an easy target and prepare to wait it out. :)

Last edited:

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score

One big problem is that some churches are continuing to hold services in their sanctuaries. There is no way to tell how much of a problem this can potentially cause.

Reaction Score
One big problem is that some churches are continuing to hold services in their sanctuaries. There is no way to tell how much of a problem this can potentially cause.
Yes! Some people believe that a virus would not dare enter the sanctuary. It's kind of a catch 22. You need prayer but you don't want to do it in a crowd.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Great thread. I'd also like to echo these sentiments. Thank you to all of my virtual friends and rivals for allowing me to post here with an outside perspective and partake in some great discussion. This board is one of the few sites that will keep me sane being on lockdown. I've loved talking basketball on here with all of you the past 15 years and I look forward to the next 15! Stay safe everyone.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
We’re catching upon the America Experience show we’ve missed. Currently we’re watching the 7 part history of NewYork, directed by Ken Burns’ brother Ric Burns. It’s really well done.

If science is your thing rather than history, there’s the outstanding Nova series streaming as well.

Reaction Score
We’re catching upon the America Experience show we’ve missed. Currently we’re watching the 7 part history of NewYork, directed by Ken Burns’ brother Ric Burns. It’s really well done.

If science is your thing rather than history, there’s the outstanding Nova series streaming as well.

Ken Burns could do a series on the telephone book and I would watch it.

Reaction Score
In an abundance of caution, our daughter has laid us off from our babysitting duties. One interaction I've maintained is chess:

lichess.org

You can play live games versus players from around the world and it has a chat window for during the game - though most chatting is minimal during rapid games.

Best of luck all!

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom