Buying full BET ticket books | The Boneyard

Buying full BET ticket books

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Happy season eve nutballs.

Looking for advice from experienced BET’ers.

I’d really like to do it right this year. Take time off, go start to finish, celebrate being back in the greatest conference tournament of them all.

It’s a mess of resell websites out there, but from what I can tell tickets usually go on sale to the public in late November?

Is this one of those deals where they are all gone by the time they hit the market or can anyone who makes the effort get a fair shot at the booklets?

Any advice for how to get in the best position? How much to expect to pay? Hotels near the garden?

Thanks for helping.

Reaction Score

I’d really like to do it right this year. Take time off, go start to finish, celebrate being back in the greatest conference tournament of them all.

It’s a mess of resell websites out there, but from what I can tell tickets usually go on sale to the public in late November?

Is this one of those deals where they are all gone by the time they hit the market or can anyone who makes the effort get a fair shot at the booklets?

Any advice for how to get in the best position? How much to expect to pay? Hotels near the garden?

Thanks for helping.
Following

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I think the last time I bought the full BET book I was still using my student ID to buy student tickets; but I have had success going through the school for ticket books for the Final Fours even though I am not a season ticket holder. I would start by calling our ticket office and asking them; they may re-route you to the UConn Club if it's something only available to members, but that might be worth exploring.

Reaction Score

Thanks for helping.

I been able to get all session passes through Big East site without issue from 2013-2017 (The BE has its own site handled by Ticketmaster). I'm sure it hasn't changed much. It's fun to do all the sessions from a basketball standpoint. I would take vacay from weds onward to really take it all in. If you live in NYC it also works well (I live in the Bronx).

With that said sometime after 2016 the Thursday really started wearing me out and I started just buying 2 or 3 sessions per BET in 2018 (I was only 27 back then so I don't know if I can blame aging).

Also, eating hotdogs/chicken-tenders/french fries for four days is not ideal.

With that said - to experience the BET from start to finish is overall a great one especially if you are a college basketball junkie. I attended while having no team in the race (I only follow Stony Brook & UConn) but I would often end up rooting for the old-guard of SJU, Seton Hall, Georgetown, Villanova.

You should be able to get tickets just fine when the all-session passes start selling some time during the early winter. You will have a fair shot to buy them. It will probably be in the $300s (Back then it was in the $250-300 range) for the higher sections which is what I always bought. I never did hotels so can't help there.

Now that UConn is back I'm strongly considering buying the all-session pass once again

----->

This reminds me of last year. I was so excited to return to the BET with UConn on board. I had purchased a few individual sessions. To see it all vanish due to Covid-19 was extremely disappointing and depressing. I was so shocked. I didn't even know how to fill my time that I already set out. It was so weird to see everything unfold. Markets crashing, basketball cancellation, people getting sick and dying left and right, just wow. Just glad to be back and have a sense of normal

Last edited:
Reaction Score
mixed up 2020 and 2021 above. they didn't sell tickets for 2021 but they did for 2020 which got entirely cancelled.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
mixed up 2020 and 2021 above. they didn't sell tickets for 2021 but they did for 2020 which got entirely cancelled.
Thank you for the post, exactly what I was looking for.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I used to always get them through UConn but probably because of season tickets/points
I know people who got them through the OBE site directly
I also know people who got them through schools like DePaul, Marquette, South Florida, etc - teams that didn't travel well - but again that was the OBE plus it helps if you know an alumni at the school who can get them for you.
It was great to get the full package
I don't know how they will handle it this year - UConn will have it's share because of it's history of being a fantastic draw for MSG but if they limit the packages, they'll be gone fast
March can't come quick enough - just love the tourney at MSG!!!

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I used to always get them through UConn but probably because of season tickets/points
I know people who got them through the OBE site directly
I also know people who got them through schools like DePaul, Marquette, South Florida, etc - teams that didn't travel well - but again that was the OBE plus it helps if you know an alumni at the school who can get them for you.
It was great to get the full package
I don't know how they will handle it this year - UConn will have it's share because of it's history of being a fantastic draw for MSG but if they limit the packages, they'll be gone fast
March can't come quick enough - just love the tourney at MSG!!!
You just reminded me of the best BET score I ever made. Back when Miami was in the BE a good friend was in law school there. Figuring that they wouldn't travel well, I asked him to get me a BET ticket book through UMiami. I sat in front of Lou Carnesecca and was surrounded by then-current and former BE coaches for all the games; I figure I must have gotten the Miami AD's seats and that even he didn't make the trip.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
In the old Big East, you just rooted for St Johns and 'Cuse to get eliminated early, and Nova, that opened up lots of tickets. Pitt used to bring a bunch of fans, but they usually stayed the entire weekend no matter what. Without Syracuse in the league, I don't think tickets are going to be touch unless there's two top-ten teams in the tournement, hopefully UConn will be one. Can't wait to ride a raging blue and wet Metro North down from Connecticut second weekend in March again!

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Anyone hear anything regarding ticket sales for the BET?

Reaction Score
The last few years they've gone on sale after the holidays, but some schools take orders early.
The Big East Tournament at MSG is better than going to the NCAAs for me.

Reaction Score
Seems like tickets are not on sale yet. Went to the link and there is a bunch of schedule info and such, but nothing regarding tickets.
Hmmm. It had a date and info when I posted it. Looks like they took it down. Think the on sale was set for sometime next week.

Reaction Score
BETmap_2022.png

Full tourney book prices via Xavier's site

Reaction Score
I been able to get all session passes through Big East site without issue from 2013-2017 (The BE has its own site handled by Ticketmaster). I'm sure it hasn't changed much. It's fun to do all the sessions from a basketball standpoint. I would take vacay from weds onward to really take it all in. If you live in NYC it also works well (I live in the Bronx).

With that said sometime after 2016 the Thursday really started wearing me out and I started just buying 2 or 3 sessions per BET in 2018 (I was only 27 back then so I don't know if I can blame aging).

Also, eating hotdogs/chicken-tenders/french fries for four days is not ideal.

With that said - to experience the BET from start to finish is overall a great one especially if you are a college basketball junkie. I attended while having no team in the race (I only follow Stony Brook & UConn) but I would often end up rooting for the old-guard of SJU, Seton Hall, Georgetown, Villanova.

You should be able to get tickets just fine when the all-session passes start selling some time during the early winter. You will have a fair shot to buy them. It will probably be in the $300s (Back then it was in the $250-300 range) for the higher sections which is what I always bought. I never did hotels so can't help there.

Now that UConn is back I'm strongly considering buying the all-session pass once again

----->

This reminds me of last year. I was so excited to return to the BET with UConn on board. I had purchased a few individual sessions. To see it all vanish due to Covid-19 was extremely disappointing and depressing. I was so shocked. I didn't even know how to fill my time that I already set out. It was so weird to see everything unfold. Markets crashing, basketball cancellation, people getting sick and dying left and right, just wow. Just glad to be back and have a sense of normal
Out of curiosity which fanbase shows up the best now a days? Would have to imagine UConn will have the biggest showing this year for sure.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
What I remember is the toughest ticket was the semis, followed by the quarters, and I was living and working in Midtown. With Cuse, Pitt & WVU gone, I dont think getting into any session will be an issue.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Out of curiosity which fanbase shows up the best now a days? Would have to imagine UConn will have the biggest showing this year for sure.

Villanova is a good showing because they have basically dominated the league. Creighton despite the distance always impressed me with their solid fan base showing up to MSG.

I'm sure now that UConn is back it will pack the house now as the Huskies have a larger fanbase overall and CT is a short train ride away.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
The link is active but I dont see any tickets available. Site says they went on sale at noon today.

Are they released to season ticket holders first?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom