OT: - Buying Cars | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Buying Cars

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I have a garage full of three white cars. 2016 Cadillac CT6, a 2019 Toyota Highlander and a 2019 Ram 1500 Limited.

First off, I like white cars. But because i lease the white also hides scratches and stuff like that. Less likely to get dinged come turn in time.

My wife’s Volvo is white. They look fine, but they make up about 1/3 of what I see. Silver and black most of the rest. I want a color If possible. Monochromatic cars are so boring. I may end up settling on black or grey due to unavailability of anything else.

Anybody want this Estoril Blue beauty?

Blue 340i.JPG

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
That aging 3.5L V6 is the whole reason I bought a used Venza back in October. I had a Honda Pilot that got totaled when a German tourist decided to turn left from the middle lanes on a one-way street. I had just dropped about $1500 on the Pilot for new tires after running over a 6-pack of roofing nails, an alternator shat the bed and had a #5 cylinder misfiring. Pilot was running great and I figured I'd get 100k more miles out that no problem. Three weeks later and it's scrapped.
Needed something on relatively short notice. And like at least one other person said, I don't want black interiors. Also, with two white cars already (Sorry @minidarren ) I didn't want a third white vehicle. The Venza was priced right and I knew, while not the newest technology, it was reliable and parts for maintenance are aplenty. Add in a beige leather interior and red exterior and it was a quick choice.
Toyotas still have a strong buyer allegiance because of their reliability and ability to do what their expected to do. I wouldn't ever buy a RAV4 or Highlander, but the Tacoma, Tundra, 4Runner all have credibility.

I looked at the 4Runner when I bought my Mazda 4.5 years ago. It remains tempting. The size is perfect for me.

Reaction Score
Lexus SUV. Comfort, quality, convenience, good power. Expensive but a used one is better than many new cars anyway. And many used ones come with warranty. It’s amazing how many high priced cars have uncomfortable seats.

Reaction Score
Because he wants it???

And if he's buying a Silverado crew cab with any type.of special badging he's on the $60k range.

If he has the money, let him spend it.

Doesn't sound like he's holding out for end of year discounts.
A friend is buying a new truck, so stripped of extras it had to be special ordered. Might even have hand crank windows.

Reaction Score
I thought I’d love it. Wanted a convertible for summer that is capable is snow and on mount roads in winter. Drove a new Sahara and found it terrifying. Huge amount of effort just to keep it in its lane on the highway. Hold the wheel straight and it acts like it’s a snake. Does your JL not have the steering issues that seem to plague them?

Yea the earlier 2018 jeeps some people complained about this. I will say driving it home (i had to drive like 60 miles away to get a solid deal) was an adventure. After doing some reading the dealerships over inflate the tires!!! Its hugely affects the steering and wondering. Once i get the pressure down to like 35 things settled down a lot more. Since then I have gotten 33 inch Michkey Thompson all terrain tires and slightly wider wheels and that has made its even better. There are definitely some out there with steering issues, and they have had a recall for the steering dampener (which mostly just helps with bump steer). Mine was changed out and I saw 0 difference in ride. If you liked the Wrangler I would say try a different one before you give up on them. The saharah is probably the way to go too, if you want that full time auto all wheel drive. The Sports and Rubi's dont have that option I dont think.

Wranglers are definitely not for everyone though I can admit. When it rains and i open the front doors, water will drain right into the cabin (pants always get soaked). The halogen headlights are trash (already swapped mine out for LED headlights). And obviously driving a brick on wheels will present its problems in the wind. But to be able to take the top down in seconds (the new soft tops are amazing imo), or take the doors off and get that fully open feeling is awesome! No other SUV offers that experience right now, perhaps the Bronco will too.
The fun of modding it, and the ease of modding. Its easily the most fun vehicle I've ever experienced.

Just had to add.. I get complimented on my Jeep at least twice a week. Its crazy. I knew i loved it, but didnt know so many other people were crazy about them too.

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Just test drove a 4Runner. Liked it. Anybody have experience with those as a daily driver? Clearly not the best on road dynamics.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom