Buying a mattress online? | The Boneyard

Buying a mattress online?

Reaction Score
I want to buy a bed and since stores are all closed I can't try them out and I'm thinking of buying a mattress online.

Anyone have any experience with a mattress in a box or bag. It seems most of them are memory foam mattresses which I'm not sure I'm crazy about because they retain heat. Thinking I want a hybrid.

Looking at Saatva, Brooklyn Bedding, and Dreamcloud. Saatva is delivered in it's normal form, the others seem to be boxed.

Any suggestions?

Reaction Score
Got a hybrid for wayfair. Was around $400 for a king and I’m on year 3 and it’s held up perfectly. If you sleep hot it might not be the bed for you though. It sleeps a little warm.

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
Got a Tuft and Needle some 4 years ago, still OK. I sleep warm but is Ess that is not a problem.

Reaction Score
I'm looking too. Saatva and winkbed were at the top of my list. I'm a larger sizes guy with a memory foam mattress. Not for me, just 3 years in and we want to replace it.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
Purchased a Purple in the fall and love it. My wife had nothing but trouble sleeping while pregnant and slept like a baby for the week we had it prior to giving birth. She still loves it and does not complain about back pain anymore.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
We've got one of the original Tempur-Pedic memory foam mattresses. It's probably 20 years old and still more comfortable that what's in most high-end hotels. But it's time to replace it, so I'm interested in where this goes.

The Purple mattresses seem gimmicky, but seem to get pretty good reviews.

Reaction Score
We've got one of the original Tempur-Pedic memory foam mattresses. It's probably 20 years old and still more comfortable that what's in most high-end hotels. But it's time to replace it, so I'm interested in where this goes.

The Purple mattresses seem gimmicky, but seem to get pretty good reviews.
It does sound gimmicky but some people swear by them. I would like to try one out.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
I have the Leesa hybrid (tempurpedic but has some inner springs for support). I definitely recommend it. Started sleeping deeper as soon as we got it. It comes boxed.

Reaction Score
I want to buy a bed and since stores are all closed I can't try them out and I'm thinking of buying a mattress online.

Anyone have any experience with a mattress in a box or bag. It seems most of them are memory foam mattresses which I'm not sure I'm crazy about because they retain heat. Thinking I want a hybrid.

Looking at Saatva, Brooklyn Bedding, and Dreamcloud. Saatva is delivered in it's normal form, the others seem to be boxed.

Any suggestions?

we looked at them all and then bought a gardiner organic mattress with a topper. Best sleep of my life so far!

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Look no further than Zinus (although I got a memory foam, you can probably get other kinds)

I ordered on Amazon, mid-quarantine in April, because I moved and needed a new bed/mattress quickly. Both the mattress and bed frame were on my doorstep 2 days after I ordered. Easy set up, quality mattress. Only positives so far. Very happy with the memory foam.

Reaction Score
The highest rated mattress by consumer reports is the Avocado green. $1400 for queen size I think. Casper hybrid Is the second highest rated by consumer reports. About the same price. Casper also has a much more expensive model called the wave that has not been tested by cr. I believe Casper has a 100 day money back warranty.

Reaction Score
I bought a $3500 sterns and foster memory foam California king on Groupon for $700
I bought a Sterns and Foster 5 or 6 years ago. Very disappointed in it and it was expensive. I bought a mattress from Lisy’s Furniture in New Haven. Very reasonable inner coil mattress with plush top. Tremendously comfortable and much cheaper the the mattresses stores or large furniture stores. Store is worth checking out !

Reaction Score
what’s good about it? We’re in the market.
Bought this mattress because it was a top choice for back and side sleepers, which me and my wife are. I will have to say reviews were correct. Mattress doesn't get too hot as some other memory foams do. Overall a very comfortable bed, has firm but soft feel. Mattress Firm sells them at their stores as well. You can go and try when they open, that's what we did.

TerryBoyz

Get four fruits!
Reaction Score
I’m in the market for a new matress. Looking at $700-1200 range. Everyone seems to like Casper, purple, saatva, Brooklyn bedding to the point the reviews are worthless.
I did sleep on a tempurpedic once.. didn’t like the “stuck”feeling.
I’m mostly a side sleeper so thinking medium for firmness.
Any regrets from anyone in the thread from May?

Reaction Score
I’m in the market for a new matress. Looking at $700-1200 range. Everyone seems to like Casper, purple, saatva, Brooklyn bedding to the point the reviews are worthless.
I did sleep on a tempurpedic once.. didn’t like the “stuck”feeling.
I’m mostly a side sleeper so thinking medium for firmness.
Any regrets from anyone in the thread from May?
I got the Bear Hybrid and really like it, it's great for side and back sleepers. It was something like 20% off which they all seem to offer. I put it in my online shopping cart while still deciding and they sent me an email giving me another 5% off.

Reaction Score
Have a Lull that I really like if you’re into a slightly firmer, but still foam, mattress. Thin layer of gel memory foam on top and layer of firmer foam underneath makes it super breathable and comfortable. Really cost effective option as well

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom