Buying a mattress online? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Buying a mattress online?

Reaction Score
I want to buy a bed and since stores are all closed I can't try them out and I'm thinking of buying a mattress online.

Anyone have any experience with a mattress in a box or bag. It seems most of them are memory foam mattresses which I'm not sure I'm crazy about because they retain heat. Thinking I want a hybrid.

Looking at Saatva, Brooklyn Bedding, and Dreamcloud. Saatva is delivered in it's normal form, the others seem to be boxed.

Any suggestions?

Reaction Score
I purchased a casper original hybrid queen bundle (mattress, platform and mattress protector) for $1,200. It's awesome, sleeping on a cloud, not hot, great company. I believe rooms to go has a few casper models to try out (stupid prices, online casper is way better). The hybrid has that cloud feeling but you don't sink in as much compared to the original. Easier to switch positions. i was having back pain with my old mattress, disappeared in 5 days.

Reaction Score
I purchased a casper original hybrid queen bundle (mattress, platform and mattress protector) for $1,200. It's awesome, sleeping on a cloud, not hot, great company. I believe rooms to go has a few casper models to try out (stupid prices, online casper is way better). The hybrid has that cloud feeling but you don't sink in as much compared to the original. Easier to switch positions. i was having back pain with my old mattress, disappeared in 5 days.
Bed, Bath and Beyond.com did the trick for me. Good variety and you can have set up included with delivery. EZ PZ process all together.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
We talkin' 'bout mattress, not a game, not a game, not a game, we talkin' 'bout mattress???

Meme Wtf GIF

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Was at Macy's in Westfarms (New Britain) last week and saw they have Purple mattress on display but had no time to lay around. My wife has annoying shoulder pain lately and we need to find something new and buying online without testing seems dumb.

So...I asked Jeeves for "Best Mattress for Shoulder Pain" and sure enough there is a list by sleepfoundation.org showing that Saatva and the mentioned Leesea Hybrid (@BGesus4 ) rate highly.

Last edited:

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Was at Macy's in Westfarms (New Britain) last week and saw they have Purple mattress on display but had no time to lay around. My wife has annoying shoulder pain lately and we need to find something new and buying online without testing seems dumb.

So...I asked Jeeves for "Best Mattress for Shoulder Pain" and sure enough there is a list by sleepinstitute.org showing that Saatva and the mentioned Leesea Hybrid (@BGesus4 ) rate highly.

Thanks.

Reaction Score
Just got a Zinus 10 inch Cooling Copper Adaptive Pocket Spring Hybred. Queen size was $327 on Amazon. Comes compressed in a box. A little firm for me but getting used to it. For the money it’s incredible.

Reaction Score
Recently bought a Saatva...really preferred the extra firm (which hasn't been 'extra' but rather just firm) feel of the hybrid. The experience was good too - hand delivered and set up with removal of the old mattress by a third party co. We also purchased a nectar in a box for the spare room - but that one is way too cushy for my taste (not enough support for my lower back).

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Just got a Zinus 10 inch Cooling Copper Adaptive Pocket Spring Hybred. Queen size was $327 on Amazon. Comes compressed in a box. A little firm for me but getting used to it. For the money it’s incredible.
I bought a Zinus a few months ago as well. Really good so far for the price.

Reaction Score
We are sending our Avacado back after 3 months - I could lay a 2 x 8 across it and there's be a 6 inch gap - it comes pre-sunken. Horrible - going back to Sleep Number.

Reaction Score
We are sending our Avacado back after 3 months - I could lay a 2 x 8 across it and there's be a 6 inch gap - it comes pre-sunken. Horrible - going back to Sleep Number.
That’s unfortunate.

I have really enjoyed my TemperPedic that I got from Costco.

My wife and I couldn’t go to a store for our new home to try stuff out so I emailed the hotel we stayed at for our honeymoon Bc we enjoyed their mattress and they sent me the spec. It was an older model and Costco sold it for half the price of a new one. Process for delivery was perfectly fine and I really enjoy the mattress.

Reaction Score
I am considering getting a purple mattress. However, I usually hate termpur pedics. Does the purple have the feeling of a normal, traditional bed or more of the tempurpedic feel?

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I am considering getting a purple mattress. However, I usually hate termpur pedics. Does the purple have the feeling of a normal, traditional bed or more of the tempurpedic feel?
When passing the Purples at Macy's I pressed on two different ones. The first had a Tempurpedic feel and the other had more give.

Reaction Score
Never slept on a purple but I heard their whole appeal is they don't feel like any other mattress and they sleep cooler than any other mattress. Heard the feel likened to sleeping on a Dr. Scholl's gel insole.

Reaction Score
You can try Purple, Casper, and Nectar at Raymour and Flannegan.

I tried them all and am torn between Purple and Casper. I felt the Caspers were a little more firm and I find I have some hip pain sometimes with firmer mattresses so I am leaning Purple.

I bought a Zinus two years ago cause I needed something and it was affordable and it's been fine but I've had more back pain lately so I don't think it's a great long-term mattress.

Last edited:

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
We got the Helix Midnight Luxe a few weeks ago. A coworker of mine mentioned how much they love theirs, after their Casper really went to crap after a few years. I love it. Was about $1600 but really easy to do the 0% financing. I love this mattress. I had high expectations and they've been exceeded.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
We're still shopping. Now focusing on Serta's iComfort line. But...Saatva and Helix have an outside shot if we're brave enough to order one w/o laying on one. Will need to nail the specs compared to mattresses we've tried.

Reaction Score
We're still shopping. Now focusing on Serta's iComfort line. But...Saatva and Helix have an outside shot if we're brave enough to order one w/o laying on one. Will need to nail the specs compared to mattresses we've tried.
I have a Saatva. I’ve never been thrilled with it.

MTHusky

UCONN Grad class of 1970, living in Brookings OR
Reaction Score
I'm surprised no one suggested a Sleep Number bed. A bit pricy but we bought a California King 20+ years ago and it still is holding up.

Reaction Score

When we bought a new house last year I looked at a bunch of the hipster brands like avocado but ultimately ended up going with a Tempur-Pedic. I think I paid something like 4k but with a foam pillow top on it it’s by far the most comfortable bed I’ve ever owned.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom