Buy tix to Houston | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Buy tix to Houston

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'll send you free tickets if you want to go. It's okay if you don't...just thought I'd offer.

I would almost definitely take you up on that offer but I live in Boston and I'll be busy installing kitchen flooring anyways, but thanks. I can offer THIS kind of support, but people expecting me to take up football full time because its UConn and I love basketball but hate football? yeah, not gonna happen

Reaction Score
If you care about UConn basketball, then you should care about UConn football. Its been explained endless times that football drives the $$$ bus in college sports, and is the reason we're not currently in a P5 conference. Unless you're happy playing Tulane and East Carolina in hoops every year.

If you don't actually enjoy something, there's a major difference between acknowledging that it's important and looking for an update now and then and actually taking 3+ hours out of your life to follow it in real time. And that's not good enough for some people here. They want the people who don't care to spend more money and time to watch it in person.

For me, going to this game would be my entire Saturday with the travel involved.

PS: I think I figured out why the initial post bugged me when I posted the first time. Because it's not marked OT intentionally to make it look like a basketball topic at first.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I'm going to start paying attention to UConn football simply because its football that drives the $$$ in college sports, because I have soooo much free time that I'm just looking for things to watch that bore me to no end and I cant escape in pop culture or the business world, do you people have to try to be this ridiculous or does it come natural? You really think that because I'm a UConn basketball crazy, I'm going to take up fandom in a sport that literally every day (during the NFL season living in Boston) I have to remind someone "yeah I'm not really into football at all, I don't know what happened to your boy Edelman"??

Am I supposed to know everyone's personal life situation? No need to be that snarky. Just saying that the long term health of our basketball programs is influenced by the success of our football program. How long do you think our basketball teams will continue to stay competitive on a high level against P5 conference teams with much larger revenue streams?

Six or seven weekends in the fall out of the whole year. Such a huge commitment.

So sorry I even brought it up then. Jesus.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I would almost definitely take you up on that offer but I live in Boston and I'll be busy installing kitchen flooring anyways, but thanks. I can offer THIS kind of support, but people expecting me to take up football full time because its UConn and I love basketball but hate football? yeah, not gonna happen

No worries man, just thought I'd offer. And I completely understand where you're coming from - different strokes for different folks! If/When the day comes that you want to go to a football game, let me know and I'll happily buy you and some friends/family a ticket.

Reaction Score
Sorry to clog the thread but this is all I see

upload_2015-11-20_12-16-9.png

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Sorry to clog the thread but this is all I see

View attachment 11156

Check your privacy settings on your profile page. You might have them set to private or something.

If you are able to send Drew a PM with your email, he has tickets too. Whatever is easier. I'll happily buy you a pair too.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Thanks, Drew! Tried to comment to you. Still can't figure this message out!

When you get back online chat me and give me your full name, I've been away from my desk and missed your previous attempt. Sorry!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom