Buy Games - Dare We Hope For Competition? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Buy Games - Dare We Hope For Competition?

Reaction Score
They say there’s no two people on earth exactly the same. No two faces, no two sets of fingerprints. But do they know that for sure? Cuz they would have to get everybody together in one huge space. And obviously that’s not possible even with computers. But not only that, they’d have to get all the people that ever lived, not just the ones now. So they got no proof. They got nothin.
I have 20 month old identical twins - they started with the same genes but they're def not exactly the same. They don't even look exactly the same.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
They say there’s no two people on earth exactly the same. No two faces, no two sets of fingerprints. But do they know that for sure? Cuz they would have to get everybody together in one huge space. And obviously that’s not possible even with computers. But not only that, they’d have to get all the people that ever lived, not just the ones now. So they got no proof. They got nothin.
Yeah, but the approximate number of variations in the human genome is roughly 1 followed by 38 zeros. There would need to be basically one third of that number of humans born for a reasonable possibility of two with the same full genome to exist.

The math makes this basically impossible for another couple billion generations.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Yeah, but the approximate number of variations in the human genome is roughly 1 followed by 38 zeros. There would need to be basically one third of that number of humans born for a reasonable possibility of two with the same full genome to exist.

The math makes this basically impossible for another couple billion generations.
Math Nerd Alert!!!!!!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
So you're saying there is a chance

Reaction Score

How can anyone take this seriously when it completely ignores the role space aliens played in human development?

ConnZag3

NCAA Hoops Connoisseur
Reaction Score
Pretty random team to schedule for the season opener. Hope they got a good guarantee for that cross country trip...
Screenshot_20230815-213251_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230815-213251_Chrome.jpg

Reaction Score
Tim Russo homecoming! That’s prob why. Gets his ring.
This. IMO, this is a classy move and not a happy coincidence.

NAU would have been more fun to play if Jalen Cone were still there, but could be a lot worse for a season opener.

The Big Sky is a consistently solid mid-major (ranked higher than MAC, SoCon, MAAC, America East, CAA and Patriot last season) and NAU made the Big Sky championship game last year.

Senior Carson Towt is their best returning player. Undersized 5 (6'7 235) and a double-double threat (five last season).

Reaction Score
so that a couple million since Hurley's been here... hate to be cynical but that's an expense that doesnt need to be added to the $53 milly athletics deficit, especially when we're only getting ~$5 mill a year from the BE. can we find teams to beat up on early in the season that dont need a paycheck?
Sure there are. All you have to do is do a home and home. So give up a home game the next year. No one does road games only without a payout.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Haven't paid attention to scheduling this year but why the assumption UConn won't play Yale, and not the other way around.

It's not as simple as calling up Yale and saying "X date Y time, Z amount of money, Gampel."

Yale may not want the game this year as they want to build their resume, pad their wins to get a better seed if they win the Ivy, etc. Or they think they are good enough to warrant something they don't (return game, more money, different day/time, etc.)
It’s definitely us. Yale has been publicly complaining about it.

caw

Reaction Score
It’s definitely us. Yale has been publicly complaining about it.

Again I haven't paid attention to scheduling this year, until now.

I do know Yale was complaining in public about not getting a game a few years ago. I also know they wanted more than UConn was willing to give at that time, because it was when UConn was at a low point and Yale thought they could get more. I don't know where things stand now. I just have past history to go off.

Reaction Score
Again I haven't paid attention to scheduling this year, until now.

I do know Yale was complaining in public about not getting a game a few years ago. I also know they wanted more than UConn was willing to give at that time, because it was when UConn was at a low point and Yale thought they could get more. I don't know where things stand now. I just have past history to go off.
We should play Yale in the New Haven Colosseum.

Reaction Score
We're not that far past losing two straight to open the season against Wagner and Northeastern. I will happily take some blowouts of cupcakes to start the season.
I remember those all too well and being stuck in traffic on the way to both games. And barely pulling out other "cupcake games" that season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom