Buy Football Season Tix.... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Buy Football Season Tix....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So if you buy season tickets, do you get the right to renew those exact seats for the next season?

Yes... well, let me qualify that by saying you have always been able to in the past when you get renewal email (not sure if based on location/seat type though - have had same seat type since Rent opened).

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
So if you buy season tickets, do you get the right to renew those exact seats for the next season?

They changed this policy of "pick your location" recently when attendance has sagged. But, they haven't offered a 3 year renewal option in years either. Everyone renews on a 1 year contract. Personally speaking, I think they could move more tickets if they vocalized some sort of guarantee that ST holders get first rights to their seat locations if/when we go P5.

Reaction Score
Did anyone else notice this quote from the Aspire COO in the article about hiring Aspire, and 10-full-time folks, to drive sales?

"We were on campus at Rutgers and Maryland when they moved into a new conference. We were there before and after and throughout the process." For good measure, he also dropped Texas as a reference too. Here kitty kitty.

Golden Husky Award to you my man... two threads on this and I was waiting for someone to bring that up.
golden husky.jpg

Reaction Score
We just saw a few days ago they had only sold 14k season tickets. Everytime someone tries to tease out ticket sales based on these maps it's never even close. Not sure why anyone would try anymore - they clearly only make some tickets available.

Yes, that would be why I said this wasn't scientific.

Reaction Score
Maybe this will fix some of their issues. I have had football season tickets since 2000.

I haven't bought mine for 2016 yet and nobody has called.
Wow. You guys know I've had my issues with the ticket office. Only loyalty has kept me coming back. My group has shrunk from 8 to 1. Most people walk away when ticket office screws up and sells your seats to someone else.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score

You get dibs on your old spot every year if you want. Whether that is official policy or not. Until the their is a waiting list, it won't change. They would love to be in a situation where they can use the priority points system to allot ticket, but we-ins is a looooong way from thar.

I've also changed my seats several time outside the commitment windows before they nixed them. Bottom line, you can have any seat you want so long as you pay for it and someone isn't already sitting in it.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Wow. You guys know I've had my issues with the ticket office. Only loyalty has kept me coming back. My group has shrunk from 8 to 1. Most people walk away when ticket office screws up and sells your seats to someone else.

I'm actually glad they don't call me - but they should be calling others. Of course I'm going to buy them and there isn't any risk they sell my seats to someone else. I don't feel the need to send them money 6 months before I need to.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Yes, that would be why I said this wasn't scientific.

Well you know they have sold 14k out of 38.5k. What would be the reason for thinking about it past that?

Reaction Score
Well you know they have sold 14k out of 38.5k. What would be the reason for thinking about it past that?

It's all anecdotal, but the map interesting in the sense that it's a snapshot into where the ticket office is at during a given time. As I mentioned in other posts, some of the season tickets are unavailable cause they've been broken up into flex plans. So on the map the grey representing "unavailable" tix could also mean seats they have been sold through a flex.

Again, it's non scoentific, but if the tix are unavailable it more than likely means the seats have been sold on the season or flex level which is pretty good.

It's worth sharing, IMO, cause it gets people excited for the upcoming season. Intention has never been to trick anyone into thinking we've sold any number of tix.

Reaction Score
A question regarding mini-plans. Would the ticket office be able to offer parking passes with those games?
Friends of mine asked this question of the ticket office, and they said that they do not sell parking passes for the plans. You have to buy the day of game parking.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It's all anecdotal, but the map interesting in the sense that it's a snapshot into where the ticket office is at during a given time. As I mentioned in other posts, some of the season tickets are unavailable cause they've been broken up into flex plans. So on the map the grey representing "unavailable" tix could also mean seats they have been sold through a flex.

Again, it's non scoentific, but if the tix are unavailable it more than likely means the seats have been sold on the season or flex level which is pretty good.

It's worth sharing, IMO, cause it gets people excited for the upcoming season. Intention has never been to trick anyone into thinking we've sold any number of tix.

They just gave a number. They include the mini plans. They include the band. They include the students. They include the tickets in the coach's contracts.

There is literally nothing to be discovered from online seat maps. I have no idea what you think anyone would learn from the map that wasn't communciated when they gave us the number.

You are trying to invent a dynamic that doesn't exist.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
It started on a 3 yr plan.You could not keep your seats. you were reassigned after 3yrs based on amounts donated. I moved back continually. Now, it is a 1 yr plan and you keep your seats. I have had seats since Memorial. The way this university treats loyal ticket holders is abysmal.

Reaction Score
They just gave a number. They include the mini plans. They include the band. They include the students. They include the tickets in the coach's contracts.

There is literally nothing to be discovered from online seat maps. I have no idea what you think anyone would learn from the map that wasn't communciated when they gave us the number.

Dude calm down.

Not every post on this board has a higher intellectual or scientific purpose. Sometimes we post stuff to be supportive of the school and to get people excited and as long as we couch it in terms of hyperbole, I don't see a problem with that.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Dude calm down.

Not every post on this board has a higher intellectual or scientific purpose. Sometimes we post stuff to be supportive of the school and to get people excited and as long as we couch it in terms of hyperbole, I don't see a problem with that.

When there is a number published - one does not need to perform any scientific or non-scientific analysis.

If it makes you feel better to pretend a methodology that has been proven completely useless a bunch of times somehow provides any insight beyond '14,000' - that's fine.

I'm not sure how pretending the chart represents anything supports the school or gets anyone with a clue excited but knock yourself out.

Reaction Score

I sincerely doubt they include the band, since the band kids don't get tickets.

Reaction Score
When there is a number published - one does not need to perform any scientific or non-scientific analysis.

If it makes you feel better to pretend a methodology that has been proven completely useless a bunch of times somehow provides any insight beyond '14,000' - that's fine.

I'm not sure how pretending the chart represents anything supports the school or gets anyone with a clue excited but knock yourself out.

You must be an absolute joy to be around.

"Sorry kids, but Santa has been debunked by 100% of adults."

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
I am going to buy season tickets for the first time tomorrow. This is really put up or shut up time for our fans. Improving product, better home schedule, and the future of UConn athletics at stake. There's really no excuse if you are within 90 mins of the Rent and a UConn alumnus/fan not to buy.

Out of curiosity- which section did you wind up buying in?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You must be an absolute joy to be around.

"Sorry kids, but Santa has been debunked by 100% of adults."

LOL. I'm sorry that sometimes reality is difficult and painful.

Is your self-esteem so based upon how many season tickets UConn sells that it hurts your feelings the number is low? Enough that you'd ignore an actual figure that was published - try to make a case that it's something else and then get your feelings hurt when someone makes you consider facts?

That's sort of sad isn't it?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I sincerely doubt they include the band, since the band kids don't get tickets.

Well they count them in the attendance and I'm pretty sure we've been down this road. Coaches comps, player comps, students, band.

There is a reason why the stadium is empty for teams like Maine. They don't sell a lot of season tickets.

Reaction Score
LOL. I'm sorry that sometimes reality is difficult and painful.

Is your self-esteem so based upon how many season tickets UConn sells that it hurts your feelings the number is low? Enough that you'd ignore an actual figure that was published - try to make a case that it's something else and then get your feelings hurt when someone makes you consider facts?

That's sort of sad isn't it?

Just trying to have a good time here and make some people happy. Not sure why you feel the need to go around correcting everyone, especially when the post in question isn't claiming to be factual and nothing more than a conversation starter.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Just trying to have a good time here and make some people happy. Not sure why you feel the need to go around correcting everyone, especially when the post in question isn't claiming to be factual and nothing more than a conversation starter.

If pretending things are true is a good time for you it shouldn't bother you if someone points out it's a fantasy. Like you said you didn't claim it was factual - so my pointing out it is misleading and silly shouldn't stop the good times from rolling pretending that what you posted has any basis on Earth.

Reaction Score
If pretending things are true is a good time for you it shouldn't bother you if someone points out it's a fantasy. Like you said you didn't claim it was factual - so my pointing out it is misleading and silly shouldn't stop the good times from rolling pretending that what you posted has any basis on Earth.

Got it. I'll let you get back to being the Fun Police around here ;)

Like your avatar btw.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
One final reminder. Can order these tonight/tomorrow and still get them by Thursday. Hell even buying single game tickets will help. Not getting 30k on Thursday with the momentum this program has and it being opening day would be a real kick to the nuts not just in CR but to the kids who are working their tails off for this University/state. Lets fill this thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom