Buy Football Season Tix.... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Buy Football Season Tix....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Went online to buy my tix a few minutes ago and looked at the map.

Lots of gray up there right now...

upload_2016-7-22_16-1-59.png

Obviously this is far from scientific, but damn, I like the way this is looking.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score

View attachment 14573

Obviously this is far from scientific, but damn, I like the way this is looking.

Wow that's actually awesome. Do some seats get reserved for single game sales, or are single game sales just seats where season tix weren't purchased?

Reaction Score
Wow that's actually awesome. Do some seats get reserved for single game sales, or are single game sales just seats where season tix weren't purchased?

The map is not scientific at all, case in point...

I can tell you for certain that some seats are reserved for returning season ticket holders. For instance, I was able to reclaim my seats in section 130 by calling the office directly, but if you look at the map they are unavailable to be purchased online. Additionally, they just opened up flex plans so as people buy up 3 game packages, season tickets become unavailable because they are broken up.

All that being said...

I waited until August of last year to buy my season tix and I don't remember the map having this much gray...and it's only July right now.

Will be interesting to see what UConn reports in sales at the end of July.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
The map is not scientific at all, case in point...

I can tell you for certain that some seats are reserved for returning season ticket holders. For instance, I was able to reclaim my seats in section 130 by calling the office directly, but if you look at the map they are unavailable to be purchased online. Additionally, they just opened up flex plans so as people buy up 3 game packages, season tickets become unavailable because they are broken up.

All that being said...

I waited until August of last year to buy my season tix and I don't remember the map having this much gray...and it's only July right now.

Will be interesting to see what UConn reports in sales at the end of July.

There's also more sections open if you go to the 'Top of the Rent' map that are not available in the normal season tix map.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

View attachment 14573

Yeah, there is a strategic game going on with the seat map. Lots more choices a few days ago on the full season plan vs what they have unlocked today. However, those grayed out areas are not necessarily sold yet, just blocked off for the mini plan pools.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Got this today (note: LOVE the part about a parking pass for the AAC Championship Game)...

UC-PAC-TEMPLATE-2-Column_15.gif

Reaction Score
I would expect a bump in season ticket sales this year as people are willing to gamble on a Big 12 invite coming. I know that played into my choice to get in with good seats

If we don't get in, sales will fall off a cliff next year

Reaction Score
A question regarding mini-plans. Would the ticket office be able to offer parking passes with those games?

Reaction Score
I would expect a bump in season ticket sales this year as people are willing to gamble on a Big 12 invite coming. I know that played into my choice to get in with good seats

If we don't get in, sales will fall off a cliff next year

Sure and we have a halfway decent schedule this year and are coming off a bowl game.

No reason we shouldn't have more sales this year.

Reaction Score
I didn't buy last year (after buying ST for the dumpster fire the year before) but will be in the next week or 2. I was going to buy them regardless because this is the first time in a long time the team is trending upward and we have a decent schedule (at least to me).

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Not trying to be a downer, but I wouldn't hope for much more than a modest bump... Beyond that would be a nice surprise. We have a nice home schedule now we need some wins to build excitement.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
A question regarding mini-plans. Would the ticket office be able to offer parking passes with those games?
I don't think it would matter as red lot tickets (which is likely all that would be offered with a partial plan) are available game day and there are a few options (Aero club for instance) that are likely better than red lot parking.

If you ever make it to a game look in the blue lots for a group flying eight flags. That's my tailgate and all are invited.

Reaction Score
I don't think it would matter as red lot tickets (which is likely all that would be offered with a partial plan) are available game day and there are a few options (Aero club for instance) that are likely better than red lot parking.

If you ever make it to a game look in the blue lots for a group flying eight flags. That's my tailgate and all are invited.

Thanks may do that and have been to more than a few games but scheduling and other issues keeping me so far from doing a full season. Looks like I can purchase the Blue Passes I need as that's where I/we usually land. Did the 3-Game Plan so see you at VA Cincy Temple or BC and perhaps a Bowl Game if it works out.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Goal should be to get the average attendance over 30k. ST in the 20's.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Goal should be to get the average attendance over 30k. ST in the 20's.
I think we can average low 30s. Our middle 5 of Cuse UVA Cincy UCF and Temple should bring very big crowds. Maine and Tulane hopefully we can get 28k or so. Obviously if there is something on the line for the Tulane game hope for higher.

Reaction Score
For those of you more familiar with the process then me, if you buy season tickets, are you allowed to buy at a similar price the next year, regardless of changes to the schedule?

@CTMike I would place my hope in there being more than a modest bump in the fact that this years home schedule is a lot more appealing than last years.

Reaction Score
I am going to buy season tickets for the first time tomorrow. This is really put up or shut up time for our fans. Improving product, better home schedule, and the future of UConn athletics at stake. There's really no excuse if you are within 90 mins of the Rent and a UConn alumnus/fan not to buy.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

View attachment 14573

We just saw a few days ago they had only sold 14k season tickets. Everytime someone tries to tease out ticket sales based on these maps it's never even close. Not sure why anyone would try anymore - they clearly only make some tickets available.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Adding a surcharge is such a bad idea it's painful. Hey our attendance has been dropping for years - here is an idea: Let's raise prices!

Yep. Also in what, the second year of a 1 yr plan/commit, after all the years of 3 yr plans?
They know. If they demand a 3 yr commit now in the sh&tshow AAC, folks will bail. The Athletic Dept cannot even give a straight answer on that. Last year was a "0ne time thing". This year too I guess.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Did anyone else notice this quote from the Aspire COO in the article about hiring Aspire, and 10-full-time folks, to drive sales?

"We were on campus at Rutgers and Maryland when they moved into a new conference. We were there before and after and throughout the process." For good measure, he also dropped Texas as a reference too. Here kitty kitty.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Did anyone else notice this quote from the Aspire COO in the article about hiring Aspire, and 10-full-time folks, to drive sales?

"We were on campus at Rutgers and Maryland when they moved into a new conference. We were there before and after and throughout the process." For good measure, he also dropped Texas as a reference too. Here kitty kitty.
i cannot stand it. Let's hope

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Maybe this will fix some of their issues. I have had football season tickets since 2000.

I haven't bought mine for 2016 yet and nobody has called.

Reaction Score
So if you buy season tickets, do you get the right to renew those exact seats for the next season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom